About the property
- House1800 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay31 nights
• Available from late December through end of March (dates flexible). Also available for select weeks at other times of year - check calendar for availability.
• Beautiful, roomy, very private 2 BR/2 Bath home on a quiet cul-de-sac nestled in the redwoods of Felton on a gorgeous sunny ½ acre lot with yard and garden.
• Oversized sunny deck with great mountain view and large hot tub for night time views of the stars.
• Fully equipped spacious Pergo-floored kitchen with gas range and new appliances (incl. Nespresso espresso machine!).
• Kitchen opens seamlessly into a bright comfortable carpeted living room area with wood burning stove, king-sized couch/sleep-on fouton, additional leather couch, and oversized comfy reading chair.
• Living room also has two BIG picture widows offering a broad and sunny green view of the lovely tree-lined landscaped yard and mountains.
• Two spacious bedrooms with King (master BR) and Queen (guest BR) beds, each room with their own full and newly redone tiled bathrooms.
• Washer & Dryer, Dishwasher, Microwave, gas stove/range, Weber grill on deck.
• Wi-Fi, big screen TV, indoor/outdoor stereo, Tivo, copier/fax machine, and extensive music, film/video, and travel book libraries.
• A studio on the property MAY be occupied during your stay - separate entrance, will be working in the yard occasionally.
• Location is:
o 1 mile to downtown Felton (grocery stores/coffee shop/restaurants/live music venue)
o 7 miles to downtown Santa Cruz and beach.
o Easy access to Rt 17 for commuting to San Jose or the SF Bay peninsula.
o 40 minutes to San Jose airport (SJC), 1 hour to San Francisco International airport (SFO).
o 1 hour 20 minutes to downtown San Francisco
o 1 hour to Monterey/Carmel
o 2 hours to Big Sur
• More pictures available upon request.
• NO pets or smoking.
• Rent - $3500 per month. Rent includes 1 house cleaning per month. Rentals of less than 1 month are $200 per night plus cleaning fee.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- Feb 21, 2018
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-out: 3:00 PM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Great deal for long stays
First thing to note is that the price is right with this rental. You get quite a bit for the bargain price. The use of the house and the deck plus hot tub (great fun!). The backyard is big enough and there is plenty of room to have a decent bbq on the deck.
The price comes with some negatives, but you should know this going in.
The house is not set up like a vacation home, it is the home the owners live in and has the owners’ stuff throughout the house.
However, if you don’t mind this feeling then this is the place for you. The house is far bigger than anything else around the price range, at least when we rented it, and was a far better value than any other budget accommodation in this area.
Excellent Rental Property near Santa Cruz, CA
My wife and I rented this property for a month. It is exactly as described: quiet, safe, convenient for commuting into Santa Cruz, and located on the edge of a redwood forest. Basically, the property is a lovely but unpretentious home, well maintained, well equipped, and very clean. The owner was basically available for us to contact by cell phone 24/7 and successfully made every effort to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable. I would definitely recommend this property to friends and relatives. The surrounding area has many attractions, including Henry Cowell Redwoods, Big Basin, and Ano Nuevo State Parks, a multitude of ocean beaches, and all the attractions of Santa Cruz itself.