1 Bedroom, 1 Bathroom, Convertible Bed(s), Sleeps 4
- english, spanish
Why John Teague chose Venice
Because there is no place like Venice, and to truly experience it you must live like a local (not stay in a hotel). There is an energy and excitement in our neighborhood that is unparalleled. A vibrant cultural, art, music and culinary scene makes Venice a great place to live and vacation.
Please consider the following guidelines when booking this property:
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
The unit was conveniently located, but needs a lot of TLC. The bikes were rusted and not in working condition as requested. The unit was clean but very worn down. Pictures were upside down, sinks and tub were peeling, kitchen was minimally equipped... too many things to list here.
It's unfortunate that people like this exist in the Homeaway community. I was in constant contact with her during her entire stay and she did not have a single complaint. In response to her review, the bikes are in perfect working condition, a couple of the pictures are upside down because it was a stylistic choice by the decorator, the bathroom is not peeling, and the kitchen has full sets of plates, pots, pans, and utensils.
A Sweet Bungalow
This adorable place had a retro 1950's feel to the architecture of it. We loved being only a few blocks from the ocean and factors such as a full-sized fridge, a gas stove, nice sized living room made it a comfy stay. We were thankful there was a different set of sheets in the closet to switch from the ones on the bed since we prefer cotton over microfiber. Two fans plus the ceiling fan helped on warmish days. Loved the turquoise colored wall of the living room. We enjoyed the privacy of the property and would love to it even more if there were curtains over the blinds in the bedroom. The host offered quick response just before arriving regarding accessing the property. Parking on the street was very do-able in the later hours, but during the day the area is bustling with life and street parking is hard to come by. It's a wonderful walking neighborhood with easy access to Whole Foods Market a few blocks down the street. Wish we'd had more time to enjoy being in the space and soak up that Venice vibe.
great location. bikes and scooters available every where. property needed some up keeping.
Great location and great price
Definitely a great location and a great price during peak seasons. The property management is easy to work with. The unit itself on the inside was clean and maintained. Down fall was the outside area. Couldn’t truly enjoy the patio and we were bummed about this. The foliage was really overgrown. The lemon lime tree needs to be pruned along with the webs and debris cleaned up. The bikes and folding chairs are very rusted and full of webs so we didn’t take advantage of this amenity. Parking is a bit of challenge if you have a truck. Lots of junk piled up and had to move debris to park all the way in. If the property management could put a little focus into the parking and patio, you’ll have hidden gem.
Not our cup of tea
We did not enjoy our stay. Here's why:
1. The front was run down and unkempt (unlike the photo).
2. It's extremely hot in LA in the summer (when most folks visit). This place does not have a good system for cooling the place. When we arrived the first night, all windows were closed. The temp reading inside was 85 at 8:30pm at night! There is one fan and a ceiling fan in the bedroom. It did not keep us cool. At night we had to keep the windows open (which was somewhat unsettling because there is a homeless encampment one block away from this property) but other tenants on the property were up at all hours of the night. It was so loud! Not to mention the cigarette smoke!
3. Our car was broken into. The property has a parking space inside a locked gate. Unfortunately, somebody on the property forgot to lock the gate. Luckily, we did not have any valuables. However, the culprit decided to turn on the headlights so the battery went dead. It was quite the surprise when wanted to leave this place!
4. I noticed maids walking from this property to another, and then again into another carrying soiled sheets. While at the same time the 'handyman' who lives on the property was walking back and forth from one property to another on the block. I observed this all as our car was getting jumped. Assume what you will!
5. It took owner 8 business days to get our security deposit refund. Slowest by far!
We will not be coming back and I recommend you look somewhere else.
Place was very clean and easy to access
Loved my stay! The area is awesome. Easy to get to the beach. The place comes with 2 bikes which is a bonus. Would definitely stay again.