This historic, large carriage barn has been our family retreat for over 25 years. The warmth of the home is undeniable: from the original wood plank floors, to the cozy wood-burning stove, to the kid-friendly upstairs loft, to the breathtaking view of the Green Mountains - you will feel right at home. Our style is Vermont country chic, with comfy couches, quality mattresses, a big kitchen (renovated in 2015!), a jacuzzi tub and all the amenities you could ask for in a house rental, including:
• Wood-burning stove with firewood
• Free wi-fi
• Quality stereo system: a record player with over 100 LPs, iPod hookup
• 3 bathrooms: 2 bathtubs & 3 showers (1 is handicap accessible)
• Large backyard
• Full range of kitchen appliances, cookware and utensils: outdoor gas grill, blender, juicer, griddle, coffee maker, espresso maker, dishwasher
• Outdoor fire pit
• Foosball table
• One bedroom is downstairs, far from the other bedrooms upstairs. Good for those unable to climb stairs.
• Large amount of children's toys, books and games
• Children's items available upon request: highchair, pack n' play, crib
• Baby-proof features: covered electrical outlets, baby gates on stairwells, and safety latches on cabinets with hazardous cleaning products.
• Two bedrooms have cable television, and the master bedroom also has a DVD player.
• Cable TV is also in the kitchen and upstairs loft. Amazon Fire Sticks on all 4 TVs.
Built in 1890 by Robert Todd Lincoln's best friend and law partner, the Edward S. Isham House is only 1.5 miles from the heart of Manchester Village with its charming boutiques and galleries. Walk down the marble sidewalks of Manchester to enjoy excellent restaurants, a wonderful bookstore, perfect cafes, and some of the finest outlet shopping available anywhere. The Isham House is nestled in the valley between the 3,816 foot Mount Equinox and the imposing Green Mountains. From the front door of the Isham House, you can go hiking up and around Mt. Equinox. Within a short drive, you can go biking, kayaking, or fly-fishing on the famous Battenkill River. Located on the main road passable in all weather, the Isham House is only a 10 minute drive from Bromley and 20 minutes away from Stratton ski area. If you prefer, walk around the corner to Hildene -- Robert Todd Lincoln's estate -- and take a tour of its lovely Georgian mansion, or go cross country skiing through its groomed trails and finish with a hot chocolate in its quaint warming hut.
As hosts, we will welcome you as family. We provide you with recommendations for local eats, shops, sights and countless activities.
Here is the breakdown of the bedrooms:
First floor -
Bedroom (off of the kitchen): 1 queen bed - sleeps 2
Second floor -
Blue bedroom: 1 full, 1 twin - sleeps 3
Green bedroom: 1 queen, 2 twins (bunk bed) - sleeps 4
Master bedroom: 1 king - sleeps 2
In the loft: 3 twins (bunk bed+ trundle) - sleeps 3