Kiawah Island - Beach Front. Views. Awesome. 6 BR/6BA Sleep 16(13 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-13 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
House, 6 Bedrooms + Loft + Den, 6 Baths, (Sleeps 14-16)
Our home is on a flag lot - technically ocean front - and has a dedicated view of the ocean from the upper floors. Most importantly, we have a private beach path that winds through the dunes to the beach; only 100 yards away, we can be on the beach and swimming in the ocean in a matter of a few minutes.
We have six bedrooms, six baths, a very modern kitchen with stainless appliances and a tremendous Wolf eight-burner oven. We have three living areas, a TV room, a fully-furnished screened-in porch, and much more for your enjoyment. Perfect for a large family, a reunion, or a few close friends spending the week together.
Keywords: Kiawah Island. Behind second gate in the Vanderhorst Plantation. Ocean Back Flag location, Beach Front, with ocean view and private beach access.
Huge home! Perfect for reunions. Totally renovated in 2005. Aside from the 6 bedrooms and six baths, there is a designer kitchen perfect for cooks, a TV room with a 50+" TV for watching family movies, a screened porch to hear the ocean waves and for napping, games and puzzles for the kids, wireless internet for those wanting to log in, and much, much more.
We provide linens, bath towels, beach towels, beach toys (shovels, etc), and beach chairs (so you don't have to carry them with you).
Just show up and enjoy the great beach and activities of Kiawah.
Member since: 2011
- Max. occupancy 16
- Children Welcome:
- Vacation Rental
Bedrooms: 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 16, Beds for 14-16
- King size beds (2) The main Master Bedroom has a terrific, firm bed (mattress) that allows for awesome sleep comfort. The "Blue Room" on the second floor also has a relatively new King mattress, also firm enough for a sound sleep!, Queen size Beds (1) "Nikki's Room" also has a relatively new bed., Double Beds (1) In "Devon's Room", there are two full-sized beds - four kids and/or young adults can easily pile in., Twin or Single Beds (2) The downstairs guest room has twin beds (relatively new), and the loft on the fourth level has twins as well (also in great shape)., Sleep Sofa or Futons (1) In the third floor "Day Room", there is a full-size pull-out sleeper sofa. The view with the ocean is terrific to wake up to., Bunk Beds (1) The bunk beds in the third floor "Boy's Room" are full-size, easily accommodating kids and adults!...moreless
Bathrooms: 6 Bathrooms
- This home is a truly magnificent home - custom deigned by the renowned architect - Marc Camen and custom built by one the the premier builder on Kiawah. The home approaches 5000 square feet, has an wonderful outside side, front covered porch, and a terrific side screened porch. Both decks and porches are furnished with top-of-the-line furniture for maximum relaxation. Kitchen is state-of the art, with high-end granite throughout, stainless appliances, a 6-burner Wolf Range with griddle (plus a double oven), Bosch dishwasher, bar, and more. A separate TV room with a 50" projection TV allows for a terrific getaway for the kids (and peace for adults). Bathrooms are uniquely designed (each with a different modern theme). Bedrooms are also individually designed, and are quite large for a beach home. Overall, this is a magnificent home for large groups, extended families, and "Big Chill" type of reunions. ...moreless
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable:
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Recreation Center
Local Services & Businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Beach View:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Deepsea Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Surf Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Air Conditioning:
- Broadband Access:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Computer Available:
- Gas Fireplace:
- Linens Provided:
- Mobile Phone:
- Parking Off Street
- Washing Machine:
- Wireless Internet:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Ice Maker
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
High Season 2017
May 21 - Jul 31, 2017
7 night min stay
Aug 1 - Aug 31, 2017
7 night min stay
Sep 1 - Dec 20, 2017
7 night min stay
Nov 18 - Nov 30, 2017
13 night min stay
Dec 23 - Jan 3, 2018
12 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Cleaning $400
- Property Damage Protection $59
- Tax Rate 6%
Owner's cancellation policy:
Cancelled bookings will not receive a refund.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Kiawah Island is one of the premier resorts on the world, boasting miles-and-miles of ocean front beaches, four World Class golf resorts and two large tennis facilities (approximately 30 total courts).
The beach is truly fantatic - especially for families. Excellent for sunning, is it very flat and hard-packed - biking on the beach if fun! In addition, the beach has a very gradual slope (and no drop off), adding to the enjoyment of the entire family.
Golfing is fantastic and challenging. Professional tournaments have been held on Kiawah (such as Fed Cup (tennis) matches and the Ryder Cup), and most notably, the 2012 PGA Championship will be held here.
A mere 21 miles away is Charleston, SC one of the most unique and beautiful historic towns of America. Charleston boats fantastic shops, bars and restaurants. There are many interesting activities, such as 'Ghost Tours', Fort Sumter, USS Independence, and a fantastic world-class aquarium.
Year Purchased: 2005
About the owner: We are a family of 6 (four children) and enjoy the beach tremendously. This is our "home away from home" .... not just a rental for us.
Why the Owner Chose Vanderhorst Plantation, Kiawah Island, SC, USA:
To us, Kiawah is the quintessential Beach resort for families.
Links to more information:
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
View of home from the front
Kitchen (1st Floor) - view of Wolf oven/range at one end. Awesome cooking!
Open dining room concept - uniques square table. Seats up to 12 easily.
Guest Room (1st floor, Bedroom #1) - Twin beds, closet, chair and desk.
Second Master (2nd Floor), otherwise known as Bedroom #3. King. TV. Pvt bath.
Nikki's Room (2nd floor, Bedroom #5); TV; Queen. Private bath to right
Day room (3rd floor) with view of ocean; Sofabed. Loft (with twins) up to left.
Living room - Fireplace, two sofas and an oversized chair.
Beach path to the ocean - approximately 150 steps to the beach.
View of kitchen and bar area. Laundry room in right rear
TV Room (1st Floor) - 50" Projection TV with "L" shaped leather sofa.
Master Bedroom - very, very nice and spacious. MBR has TV and DVD.
Devon's Room (2nd floor, Bedroom #4); DVD/TV Combo; Private bath to right.
Boy's Bedroom (3rd floor, Bedroom 6) - bunk beds and VCR/TV
Third Level Day Room - view of the ocean (sofabed to left).
Screened porch with very comfortable furniture (great for naps
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Tuesday, May 23, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.