The London House in the Catskills, Near Roxbury(24 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
4 Spacious Bedrooms, 2 Modern Bathrooms, Sleeps up to 8 Adults
Arrive to bedrooms made up with Egyptian cotton linens from the White Company London, with towels to match (bath, hand and face towels provided for every guest). Enjoy bathrooms with complimentary, locally made soaps, shampoos and conditioners. When you’re hungry, hang out and cook in the large, well-equipped kitchen, complete with professional gas-fired stove.
The house is situated in the charming hamlet of Halcottsville, near Roxbury (an ideal base for weddings at the nearby Roxbury Barn and Stone Tavern). There is a large garden with a stream that kids love to play in and outdoor dining adjacent, creating a tranquil spot for a meal, perhaps from the bbq, or just relaxing with a cocktail.
There are lots of daytime activities to enjoy all year round (see the list below). In the evening, make use of the countless board games or settle down for a movie with the latest Samsung HD Smart TV and Blueray DVD player. The kitchen is equipped with a four-speaker sound system with iPod connection and wireless internet is provided.
When you arrive, you'll receive a welcome pack that includes locally-made bread, butter and milk as well as a new dish cloth, sponge and detergent for the dishwasher and washing machine. We also provide locally-made hand soap, body wash and bubble bath plus a bottle of shampoo and conditioner which you are welcome to take home with you at the end of your stay. PG Tips tea from England and enough coffee to get your trip started also await.
YEAR ROUND ACTIVITIES
- The area is known for antique-hunting with charming stores in nearby Margarettville and Andes
- For an indoor workout or swim, why not pay a visit to the brand new nearby sports centre, complete with large indoor pool and modern gym
- Explore the local galleries and museums
- Dine out at one of the many restaurants in the region taking advantage of farm-fresh, local produce
- Kayak and canoe rentals are available a short stroll away on Lake Wawaka.
- Golf. There are three excellent golf courses within fifteen minutes drive
- Hiking. There are almost limitless trails to choose from out of the hundreds of miles of Catskill hiking trails
- Biking. The Catskills is a cyclist’s dream. There are endless miles of stunning country roads with you will feel safe with virtually no traffic. For off-road, try the nearby Catskill Scenic Trail or, for the more adventurous, Plattekill Mountain resort (bike rentals available)
- Fishing. The nearby Beverkill river is a legendary fly-fishing spot or you can just walk down to Lake Wawaka
- Swimming. Walk to the local swim hole or visit the beautiful outdoor pool in nearby Andes
- Take a ride on the scenic Delaware and Ulster vintage railroad
- Buy fresh, organic local produce from the nearby Pakatakan Farmer’s market and the local farm stands
- The London House is the perfect location for a ski break. Plattekill and Belleayre resorts are less than half an hour away and Windham and Hunter under an hour
- Enjoy a snow walk (snow shoes provided) by just stepping out of the front door and exploring the beautiful Lake Wawaka
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Member since: 2014
- 3000 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
- There are four large, well-lit bedrooms with pretty views. Three of the rooms have queen beds and one has a full-sized (double) bed. The maximum number of adults is eight. There are also two mattresses which can be used by special arrangement for children. All bedrooms are made up with pressed White Company London Egyptian cotton linens....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Satellite / Cable:
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
Local Services & Businesses
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Mountain View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Water Tubing
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 10 people
- Clothes Dryer
- Deck / Patio:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Lawn / Garden:
- Housekeeper Included
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $500
- Tax Rate 2%
The following public holiday weekends will be charged at Summer Season rates and carry a three day minimum: Martin Luther King Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas.
A $500 security deposit is required and is refunded within five days of checking out, assuming no damages.
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Year Purchased: 2006
About the owner: Sarah and Sam both grew up in England but spend much of their time in the USA. Sarah studied French Literature at college and Sam Fine Art. Sam is a software entrepreneur and Sarah works in education. They currently live in London where they have two children at university and two in school.
Why the Owner Chose Halcottsville, NY, USA:
We discovered the Catskills together in 1990 when we escaped New York City for our first weekend away. We immediately fell in love with the vast expanses, dense trees, rolling mountains and covered bridges! The quiet village of Halcottsville, by beautiful Lake Wawaka and the farming history of Bragg Hollow came later. The simple white house, built with local materials and crafted with hand tools with its own stream at the bottom of the garden, has hosted large family dinners, garden parties for friends and neighbors and intimate candlelit suppers for two over the years. Sarah and Sam got engaged here and then got married outside in the expansive gardens of a friend’s nearby house.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Since we've been coming here, we've found it is the perfect getaway location either for an active break outdoors or for just getting away from it all to de-compress. Usually we do both with friends, family or sometimes just the two of us! There are so many outdoor activities at all times of year. In the winter, there are two great ski resorts within fifteen minutes drive (Belleayre and Plattekill) plus there's cross country skiing and snow shoeing to be done too. In the summer, there's great hiking, cycling, mountain-biking, kayaking and swimming at the lovely outdoor pool in Andes. Local shops abound for browsing and there are auctions, flea-markets, yard sales and plenty of opportunities for antiquing or finding an unexpected treasure. The local food scene is very active. There's the local farmers' market at the round barn on Saturdays (2 minutes drive away) in the summer with a copious supply of local organic produce. Peekamoose restaurant never disappoints and we've discovered lots of other great eateries too. Often, though, we will simply relax and chat or read on the sun-drenched back deck or around the garden table on the stream-side patio.
- Primary: +1 917 912 1171
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Summer at the London House
Catskill fall foliage
Extra large dining room table comfortably seats eight
Well-equipped kitchen with professional gas stove
Lake Wawaka (boating, kayaking) is a short stroll from the house
Bedroom 1 with queen
A biker's and hiker's paradise
Bedroom 4 with full size
Kitchen sitting room
A free jar with every visit - you'll either love it or hate it!
Winter at the London House
Open plan space links sitting area with kitchen and dining areas
Looking out through the back door
Bedroom 2 with four poster queen
Bedroom 3 with queen
Upstairs bathroom with a view of the stream
The spectacular nearby Pepacton Reservoir
Summer dusk at The London House
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.