Hidden Oasis in the Heart of the Grove(10 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3-4 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
3 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, sleeps 6 .
Tucked away behind lush tropical landscaping, our traditional old grove house is a nice blend of modern furnishings mixed with eclectic ethnic accents picked up while traveling the globe.
Our guests enjoy both our secluded front porch or the side screened one. The living room in the front of the house is next to the kitchen and dining room but you can also relax in the large
open room in the back with a convenient acces to large garage doors for our sailors.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
(305) 742-6177 (Florida, USA)
Member since: 2011
- 2400 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only:
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
- All our bedding is new and made of fine organic cottons. In addition to 3 queen size beds a full size Futon provides extra sleeping under the loft, in the studio. Arrangements for rental of a child stroller or bed can be made in advance of your arrival. A crib, 2 high chairs and 1 car seat are available upon request....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Our home vintage 1923 features pickled original wood floors throughout , casement windows all around inviting the lushness in. It is located on a very quiet street (cul-de-sac) friendly to pedestrians. Enjoy relaxing and watching the sunset on the open front porch in total privacy, have breakfast in the screened porch surrounded by vegetation. The master bedroom bathes in shades of whites while the downstairs one plays a more exotic tune with african kuba cloth accent or read books in the third bedroom more traditionally appointed. TV sets are in both front and back part of the house. The village is minutes away with its many shops, restaurants, theaters as well as well maintained public tennis courts. It is a 5 minutes walk to Biscayne Bay, Kennedy park and the Fresh Market. A massage therapist for your pampering lives nearby....moreless
- DVD Player
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Bird Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Pier Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Air Conditioning
- Alarm Clock
- Basic Soaps
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer
- Filtered Water
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided:
- Living Area
- Living Room:
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Deck / Patio:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Lanai / Gazebo:
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Christmas, New Year
Dec 22 - Jan 4, 2017
4 night min stay
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $500
- Cleaning Fee $125
Rates are subject to change until reservation is confirmed.
Our rates may fluctuate pending the number of guests and the length of stay. Please be as specific as you can when asking for availabity.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Coconut Grove, built along Biscayne Bay is known for its lush tropical canopy . An artist colony in the 50's it still hosts one of the best Art Festival in the country. Our charming village offers some of the best dining, unique shopping, movie theaters as well as two beautiful parks along the Bay: Peacock for concerts and Kennedy for exercising and star gazing. Our neighborhood is proud to harbor some beautiful mansions such as Viscaya, the Barnacle, a museum of Science and Planetarium as well as amazing gardens Fairchild Tropical Garden and the Kampong.
It is a 5 mn walk to Kennedy park, Dinner Key Marina and the village from our home. South Beach is a 10 mn drive. A bike path will take you to Key Biscayne or the South Grove. Tennis courts are available 3 mn away and Golf courses within a10 mn drive. Or go to the Seaquarium for a swim with dolphins. Our beautiful Performing Art Center as well as the AA Arena, home of the HEAT, are minutes away by our local Metrorail.
Other Activities: Many sailing races : Rolex Miami OCR, Bacardi Miami sailing week, Columbus Day Regatta, Sony EricssonTennis Tournament, Coconut Grove Art Festival, Art Basel, Boat show and more...
Year Purchased: 1984
About the owner: I grew up in France where my first profession (ballerina) took me to different part of my country and Europe. Later I came to California where my children were born. During the 90's Nick and I lived both in Paris and Miami while he pursued his fashion photography career. When I first came to Miami I chose Coconut Grove as then it was the center of cultural activities and home of many artists.
Why the Owner Chose Coconut Grove, Miami, FL, USA:
This has been our home in this unique neighborhood for a long time. The children are gone and we would like to share it with guests on occasion allowing us to travel too.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Lots of character, authenticity yet close to everything in Miami.
- Primary: (305) 742-6177 (Florida, USA) cell phone
- Secondary: 305-498-8605 cell phone
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Entrance to the house with its open porch
Living room extending into the screened porch
Kitchen, Viking induction stove
Great room studio loft
Upstairs bedroom with its adjacent bathroom, queen size bed
Upstairs rain shower
Our side street, typical north grove canopy
Front porch sitting area
Living room facing the fireplace
Dining room leading to the kitchen
View of the garden and walkway to the street
Sitting area under loft
Futon under the loft
Back deck view from kitchen.
Biscayne Bay regattas
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Tuesday, December 06, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.