House, 5 Bedrooms, 3 Baths, (Sleeps 10-12) Please contact for off season rates
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Minimum age of primary renter:30
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Great vacation spot with teenage and young adult kids
Great week overall! The two levels with separate entrances were great for our group.
Pros: quiet, private beach area; bar/grill/kayaking within walking distance; great towels for bathrooms and beach; two crockpots; beautiful accommodations with great couches on both levels; amazing view with dolphins seen several mornings.
Cons: kitchen short on forks, spoons, and sharp knives (only one flimsy paring knife), only one pan without Teflon coating; only one small recycle bin outside; beach chairs very rusted - two broke during our visit; about a 15 minute drive to the town area of New Smyrna.
Thank you, I’m glad you had a nice stay.
I wish I would have known you needed silverware. I have purchased new silverware. There is a knife drawer that is labeled above where the hand towels are, I will let guests know in the future. Chairs do rust out easily that’s why we do not supply them. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay.
Great location; property needs TLC
I must preface this by stating that I am a rental property owner myself and understand that sometimes things can be mis-managed. Our family frequently uses VRBO for vacationing, so I'm comparing this property to all of our other experiences. This is the first time I've felt compelled to write a negative review and I hope that my feedback will be taken into consideration for property updates/improvements.
Pros: Great location with easy access to non-drive beach and perfect for kids. Space accommodates large groups. Great potential but needs a lot of work.
Cons: Priced as a luxury rental but far from it!
1. Advertised as 2 kings, 2 queens, 4 twins (2 bunks). "Queens" are not actually queen size, but rather full size (big difference). King in downstairs BR sags completely to the middle; very uncomfortable. One of the top bunks is not safe. All screws that hold in the wooden supports are broken and loose; mattress could easily plunge on top of whoever is on bottom bunk (we moved mattress to floor to ensure child safety).
2. House lacking basic supplies. No hand soap in upstairs bathroom. Only 2 garbage bags in entire house (had to continuously dump trash into bins and reuse the same bags). 2nd day had to stock up on TP, paper towels, etc, as house lacked adequate supply.
3. Nest thermostat downstairs malfunctioning. Family that stayed down there woke up 2 different nights to the smell of burnt metal only to realize thermostat was at 99 degrees.
4. Upstairs main bathroom sink fixture completely loose (entire faucet moves side to side). Missing light bulb and couldn't find a replacement.
5. All TV's never worked properly (thankfully we spent most of our time at the beach). Messy wiring visibly hanging from all TV's. Main TV in upstairs living area not level due to loose wall anchor protruding from the sheetrock.
6. No window screens in upstairs BR's.
7. "Outdoor grill" is a traditional Weber BBQ. If you want to cook outside, you must provide your own charcoal and will need a grill brush.
8. Wire railings on upstairs outdoor patio broken in several places allowing large enough gap for a toddler to fall through (didn't allow kids on the patio for this reason).
9. Exposed nails sticking up out of boards on the bridge to the beach. Be careful where you step!
10. Cleaning service rudely forced our group out of the house at 10am on our final day, yet the listing clearly states 11am checkout time.
Wow! It sure would have been nice of you to communicate any issues you had during your stay so I could have taken care of them.
1 - The bed downstairs was replaced a few months ago with a full size and I have not changed that in my listing. It's been changed. The slats on the bunk beds have been secured down. (I could have had that fixed easily during your stay)
The King mattress has been flipped and it fine now.
2. We do NOT supply paper products/soaps.
It states that in our listing.
3. The nest thermostat runs perfectly fine. We can control and monitor it from our house and it never went that high. Nest thermostats can actually only go to 90 degrees. It could have been the heater burning off dust since it is not used very often.
4. We have replaced the light bulbs and tightened the faucet.
5. The TVs are hung on the walls and the boxes are taped/velcroed to the back. They sometimes come down due to the moisture in the air. I have re-secured all the wires.
6. We are looking into replacement screens for those windows.
7. We do NOT supply charcoal for the grill. Gas
grills do not last due to the salt air.
8. We have ordered new wiring for the deck. Definitely not a large enough space for a child to get through. Children step on the wires and cause them to sag which in turn need to be replaced.
9. The salty air makes the nails pop out of the wood on the walkover and have been hammered down.
10. The check out time is accurate 10 am
It's a shame you didn't give me the opportunity to have fixed some of your issues during your stay and I had to read them here first I would have done whatever I could to make your stay more enjoyable.
Property was clean and the house was spotless. Downstairs king bed was saggy. No DVD player.
Nice short beach. Very few people. Clean house. Must go outside to enter the downstairs. We enjoyed our reunion very much, mainly due to this friendly oceanfront home.
House was gorgeous,spacious,clean, great ocean view and easy access to beach, quiet at night. We loved the privacy and I loved the bench in the walkway for coffee. Perfect vacation home and we all agreed we would rent again.
Great Property On the Atlantic!
We were there for Speed week. The house was perfect it’s split so everyone isn’t living in the same space but still the convenience of being at the same property. Owner very accommodating. We had a wonderful stay. We will definitely rent this house again if it’s available.
Great Family Friendly Beach Home
Spent a wonderful week with all the kids and grandkids. The house is very comfortable and family friendly. Not so fancy that we were worried all the time with small children yet very comfortable and practical.
Beautiful beach and easy to access, just watch while the children cross the road (people drive a little fast but it is only one way.) A shed in the backyard area is full of beach stuff.