Colonial Masterpiece in Centro(11 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-3 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
House, 2 Bedrooms, 3 Baths, Sleeps 6
'You Never Know What's Behind Closed Doors'. A familiar phrase in Merida and one that truly captures the spirit of our house. Designed by the brilliant architect Henry Ponce, our home features the grandeur and elegance of a colonial home located in one of the best neighborhoods in the historical Centro district. The open courtyard in the center of the house is the first image you see when you open the doors. Situated around the courtyard is the pool , the indoor/outdoor dining/ living areas and the kitchen. A visual feast from anyplace you sit whether you are looking at the hand-cut stone wall, the spectacular water features or the grand arches that surround the courtyard.
A perfect place to entertain! Sitting on the terrace upstairs is another favorite place for us in the evening. There is always a breeze blowing from the north, music from the park and the sound of horses trotting by pulling a carriage. The master suite is upstairs also and it overlooks the courtyard as well as the upstairs terrace. It is a very restful room decorated with fine furniture and the master bath is luxurious. For those wanting to watch TV we have a large flat screen TV with the Roku that has live streaming of all US channels and a sound system. Once you open the door and discover how comfortable and spacious this house is you won't want to leave but when you do the restaurants, shops, parks and Paseo Montejo, the most beautiful boulevard in the city are right outside your front door. Enjoy !
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Verify your payment method
Member since: 2011
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only
- Not Suitable For Children
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- The kitchen is fully equipped with all modern appliances and purified water at the sink. AC in the living room and all three bedrooms. Large flat tv screen with American Dish Network, apple TV and wi-fi internet. The master suite is located upstairs overlooking the courtyard and pool. Large upstairs terrace with seating area and views. Laundry room, maid, gardener and English speaking property manager. The open courtyard in the center of the house is the first image you see when you open the doors. Situated around the courtyard is the pool , the indoor/outdoor dining/ living areas and the kitchen. A visual feast from anyplace you sit whether you are looking at the hand-cut stone wall, the spectacular water features or the grand arches that surround the courtyard. A perfect place to entertain! Sitting on the terrace upstairs is another favorite place for us in the evening....moreless
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Outlet Shopping
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- Catering Available
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Porch / Veranda
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jan 16 - Mar 31, 2017
3 night min stay
Apr 1 - Oct 31, 2017
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $500
- Taxes Not included
Rates are subject to change prior to reservation confirmation.
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Car: Not Necessary
Merida has a Polo team, there are many outdoor concerts in parks that are nearby, the Gulf of Mexico is 30 minutes away where fishing, boating and snorkeling are available, the Caribbean is 3 hours away , cenotes are numerous in the area which are places to swim and explore caves.
Year Purchased: 2011
About the owner: We have always enjoyed traveling and exploring different parts of Mexico but have never felt more at home than being in Merida. I am retired from the local school district and my husband continues to do private consultant work. We love walking through the various neighborhoods of Merida, meeting new friends and finding new restaurants. We also enjoy taking day trips to explore ruins, cenotes or finding new haciendas.
Why the Owner Chose Centro, Mérida, Yuc., Mexico:
My husband appreciates colonial architecture so we came to Merida to see some homes for sale and ended up buying one. We both felt very comfortable in this city.
- Primary: +1 4083091800
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Main living room
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Monday, January 23, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.