Beautiful Home Just Upgraded. Fits 2 Families. Forest Retreat
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2-4 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
Our roomy 4 bedroom home is designed for family fun and comfort! Relax on the expansive decks, loll in the living room in front of the cozy stone fireplace, play pool in the sunroom or just sit back and relax in front of the giant HD TV.
* New internet-connected thermostat means you will arrive to a *warm* house
* New tankless water heater means hot showers are always available. New furnace is quiet and efficient for a totally comfortable stay.
The big newly upgraded open kitchen invites a cooking collaboration and the well stocked cabinets will serve the chefs in the crowd. New appliances, granite countertops, and other great upgrades.
The sunken living room has several couches and everyone's favorite, a huge round 'cuddle chair' in the bay window with a view of the surrounding forest. One couch is a queen sleeper and the sectional is very comfortable for an extra bed or two. Sit anywhere and enjoy the giant HD TV over the beautiful stone fireplace.
The adjoining dining room has a big dining table and additional log bar, that combined, seat 12 for that large family dinner. Watch the big game from the log bar with the best view in the house.
Master Suite - is like its own retreat with a king bed, private deck, walk-in-closet, computer desk with Wi Fi, TV and bathroom suite with huge double spa shower. The Master bedroom also has a huge round 'cuddle chair' in the bay window, a favorite quiet spot for reading that great novel.
Log Room - has a twin trundle bed that can be set up as a king. It has beautiful views of the forest.
Ranch Room - has a four poster queen bed with a memory foam topper, and beautiful views to the forest out back.
Bunk Room - Great for the kids, has a twin over full bunk with a twin trundle underneath. The TV and camp decor make this a favorite hang out.
We keep the kids (and grown ups) busy with the pool table, board games, horse shoes, sledding and of course the big screen TV + 2 TV's in the bedrooms.
Keywords: home, lodge, family, ski cabin, summer home, multi-family
Member since: 2011
- 1775 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome:
- Limited Accessibility:
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 8-10
- King size beds (1) Big 4 poster King Bed in Master suite. Log room trundle can convert to a king by pushing together. Special foam filler and King bedding provided., Queen size Beds (1) Four poster rustic pine bedroom furniture and Queen with memory foam topper., Double Beds (1) Lower bunk is a double bed, Twin or Single Beds (2) Log room has a 2 twin trundle that can be converted to King, all bedding is provided, Sleep Sofa or Futons (1) Queen sleeper sofa in living room with additional egg crate foam for sleeping comfort, Bunk Beds (1) Upper bunk and trundle under bunk are twins. Lower bed is listed above, double...moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- * New tankless water heater and furnace! Expansive decks, glass sunroom with pool table, huge HD TV, WiFi, ROKU, CABLE DVR. The home backs to forest preserve, biking, hiking, sledding right out the back door. Easy access driveway with lots of off-street parking, carport, 2 car garage. Beautifully renovated, new, comfortable, upscale rustic style furnishings, huge game inventory, iPod/MP3 player dock, multiple TVs. Close to skiing and lakes. Access to all Tahoe Donner Resort amenities including: golf, with driving range, alpine and cross country skiing, fitness/rec center with multiple pools and hot tubs, sledding hill, equestrian center, private beach club at Donner Lake. The house is set up for family entertainment and relaxation. Great for big family or two families. Easy access ramp to main floor (one step up to baths)....moreless
- Pool Table
- Satellite / Cable:
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Health/Beauty Spa
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Horseback Riding
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Cross Country Skiing
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Rock Climbing
- Water Skiing
- Dining Area
- Clothes Dryer
- Covered Parking:
- Gas Fireplace:
- Linens Provided
- Parking Off Street:
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Ice Maker
- Deck / Patio:
- Kayak / Canoe
- Lanai / Gazebo:
- Outdoor Grill
- Ski & Snowboard
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Winter ski season A
Dec 12 - Dec 17, 2016
2 night min stay
Winter Holiday Rates
Dec 19 - Jan 2, 2017
4 night min stay
Winter season B
Jan 3 - Jan 12, 2017
2 night min stay
Winter Season C
Jan 18 - Feb 16, 2017
2 night min stay
Feb 17 - Feb 21, 2017
3 night min stay
Spring Ski Season A
Apr 16 - Apr 30, 2018
2 night min stay
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $400
- Cleaning $200 + tax
- Tax Rate 12%
Full refund of deposit if cancelled 45 days before reservation date, after 45 days, if full re-book is possible, %15 cancellation fee,
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Close to skiing and lakes. Access to all Tahoe Donner Resort amenities including: golf, alpine and cross country skiing, fitness/rec center with multiple pools and hot tubs, sledding hill, equestrian center, private beach club at Donner Lake. The house is set up for family entertainment and relaxation.
Year Purchased: 2011
About the owner: We both gravitate to the mountains. My husband grew up in the German Alps, and I lived in the Rockies in Montana We have traveled all over Europe and America and always prefer the countryside, especially the mountains. We have have always vacationed in beautiful places with our large extended family, and we keep coming back to Truckee. We love to ski, hike, ride horses, mountain bike, boat, swim and especially just relax. Tahoe Donner is the best place we have found to enjoy all that we do together.
Why the Owner Chose Truckee, CA, USA:
We have been visiting the Tahoe area all our lives and kept returning to Tahoe Donner. We frequently rent with another family and love the roomy homes, well planned facillities and easy access to HWY 80 and the surrounding areas. We enjoy the area year round and especially love all the Tahoe Donner amenities - ski hill and equestrian center just up the road, Rec center with pools, gym and hot tubs, lakeside beach club and so much more. We wanted a large family friendly house with easy year-round access and lots of parking. We found all that and much more in our new home.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Our home is near the top of Tahoe Donner resort and backs up to an open forested preserve. We can hike, bike or cross country ski right out our front or back door and go for miles. We have room for our whole extended family and/or another family we invite up to share a fun vacation together.
Links to more information:
Big decks, easy winter access from the carport up to the front door
Huge couches and cuddle chair for lounging.
New stone gas-log Fireplace with Big Screen HD TV and loads of seating
Master Suite with private deck, walk-in-closet, bathroom suite with jetted tub
Bunk room- 2 twin and 1 full bed + couch and camp decor for a perfect 'Kid Cave'
Huge deck, & forest preserve - XC-ski, hike or bike right out the back door
2 car garage, wide driveway and carport for easy access and parking
Beautiful forested home, easy driveway & front door access, lots of parking
You can even BBQ in the winter on the covered deck
Great holiday house
Beautiful winter scenes all around
Beautiful Tahoe Donner Community
Spacious well stocked kitchen
Big dining table and Log bar with views of living room and TV
New easy access covered entrance from carport or driveway up to front door.
Queen 'Ranch Room' has memory foam topper for extra comfort.
Log room has twin trundle that can convert to King with special bedding.
Sunroom has a 3/4 pool table, electronic darts, even an electric boot dryer!
Huge decks and sunroom make this a great spot winter or summer.
Trails right out the back deck, ski, bike hike, snowshoe, nothing but forest.
Tons of room for snow fun out back
Wonderful X-Country Skiing
Just a few minutes to TD Ski Hill, or 20-40 minutes to all major ski resorts
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Saturday, December 03, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.