The Playas del Yunque apartment complex is located in Rio Grande, Puerto Rico, a 1/2 hour drive from San Juan International Airport, right next to the Wyndham Rio Mar Hotel & Casino.
The master bedroom has a queen bed, the second bedroom has 2 twin beds, and the living room has a comfortable futon suitable for 2 more. There are also 2 community pools, 2 tennis courts, beach volleyball & basketball court, and 24/7 security.
- Rio Mar Golf & Country Club: Play a round of golf in one of two championship 18-hole golf courses designed by the Fazio brothers and Greg Norman. If tennis is your thing, there are also 11 Har-Tru® courts and 2 Laykold hard courts.
- El Yunque Tropical Rain Forest: El Yunque is the only tropical rain forest in the United States National Forest System. Great place for hiking, birdwatching, taking photos and/or dipping into a fresh water cascade. The park is open 7 days a week and is FREE of cost.
- Fajardo Bioluminescent Bay: An adventure not to be missed while in Puerto Rico. Join a fully guided night trip into one of the most amazing natural phenomena of the world. Paddle your way through the mystical mangrove channels leading to “Laguna Grande.” There, you will meet our glowing friends, the Pyrodinium Bahamense, a microscopic plankton capable of producing natural light at the touch of your hand!
- Hacienda Carabali: Here you can enjoy a fun day horseback riding, riding ATV's and Go-Karts, and a nice lunch/dinner at the Hacienda's restaurant.
- Luquillo Beach and Kiosks: Hop from one numbered shack to another, sampling all kinds of frituras (fried food), meat on a stick, oysters, and other goodies.