Hillside Retreat with Views that Will Amaze You Day and Night!(10 Reviews)
The manager has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:5-7 nights
- Property type:Villa
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
A 3 Bedrooms, 4 Bathrooms Property With Incredible Views In Cap Estate
'In Xanadu did Kubla Khan a stately pleasure dome decree.....' Samuel Coleridge 1797
The unique design of this magnificent villa was inspired by the famous domed City of pleasure called Xanadu created by the Mongol ruler Kubla Khan in China during the 12th century. Standing proudly on a sea facing hillside for many years it is still as fresh and interesting today and has recently undergone an extensive renovation whilst preserving the character of this tasteful and fascinating study in concrete and stonework engineering. The domes of the villa dominate the hillside on St Lucia's northern tip in the exclusive residential area of the old sugar plantation of Cap Estate.
In good visibility the nearby larger Island of Martinique is clearly seen to the north and this makes an impressive backdrop to the Caribbean sea view both during the day and at night.
The high south west facing terraces of Xanadu provide beautiful views of nearby Pigeon Island and St Lucia's Caribbean coastline and and is the perfect place to enjoy a sundowner while watching the setting sun. These Caribbean sunsets are famous for their beauty and you may even witness the elusive green flash when the sky is clear. The Villa is surrounded by nearly two acres of gardens that slope gently away from the house and are home to coconut palms and tropical plants.
Nearby is St Lucia's Golf Resort and Country Club. This is a challenging and enjoyable 18 hole par 71 golf course.
There are nearby beautiful white sand beaches catering for all manner of water sports including safe swimming and snorkeling, scuba diving, hobby cat sailing, water skiing, para gliding and wind surfing.
Sports fishing and deep sea fishing enthusiasts will soon find what they want.
When the present owners bought the Villa for them it was love at first sight. They were captivated by the elevated position and the 270 degree views of the ocean and coastline. The gentle sea breezes temper the tropical heat and make relaxing by the poolside a real pleasure. The pool extends into the domed living area and has its own bar stools in the water to enjoy that rum punch or local fruit juice.
The villa has three spacious bedroom suites arranged round the pool terrace, all with modern bathrooms and wonderful uncluttered views of the ocean and gardens. They have nautically themed names. They all have their own private separate access direct from the terrace. There is a separate maid's room below the house.
'Captain's Quarters'--- Master bedroom
This air conditioned bedroom suite is elevated with a large rain forest shower room below and has a separate balcony overlooking the pool terrace and ocean views to Martinique. An impressive four poster king size bed adds to the wow factor of this domed ceiling circular bedroom. It has a shaving point in the bathroom and hair dryer is provided.
Step out of this lovely bedroom and the swimming pool is 3 strides away. Large windows face the ocean and the Island of Martinique and the gardens. It has a four poster queen size bed and air conditioning and large ceiling fan. There is a small safe and hair dryer. In the bathroom there is a shaving point.
'Bosuns' ---- King bedroom
This the largest bedroom suite with an enormous double bed and an additional separate single bed. It is air conditioned and also has a large ceiling fan and opens on to the pool terrace. It has a small safe, shaver point in the bathroom and hairdryer.
This huge circular domed living area is the center piece of the Villa and its five large bi-fold doors open to a circular terrace giving the option of the outdoor living that is the essence of life in St Lucia and the Caribbean. The completely circular area with it's compass rose floor has a unique atmosphere and gives access to the swimming pool bar which is partly inside the dome. Large plants shrive in this sheltered room and give a truly botanical feel. There is a dedicated television area.
The Dome leads to the curved kitchen area with completely modern equipment and corian work surfaces and double sink. It is claimed that no where in the Caribbean is the view from the kitchen sink so spectacular. The historical Pigeon Island lies below and the beautiful coastline of the west of the Island stretch away and at night the lights of the town of the town of Gros Islet and marina village at Rodney Bay add to the magical view. The kitchen has a powerful four burner Italian cooker with large oven and grill and a huge double fridge freezer and ice maker. Other equipment include a microwave oven, dishwasher, toaster and kettle. The kitchen doors lead on to the barbecue terrace and sheltered outside dining area.
A daily maids service is provided if required and security services ensure your stay is safe and enjoyable.
Regretfully the villa is not considered small children friendly (under the age of 10 years) and no pets are permitted. Smoking anywhere inside the villa is not permitted.
When you're ready to book, here are some things to keep in mind
We recommend you complete your booking on VRBO or ask the owner to send you a payment request through VRBO.Verify your payment method
Member since: 2014
- 4015 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
- Private Chef
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7, Beds for 6-7
- 'Captain's Quarters'--- Master bedroom This air conditioned bedroom suite is elevated with a large rain forest shower room below and has a separate balcony overlooking the pool terrace and ocean views to Martinique. An impressive four poster king size bed adds to the wow factor of this domed ceiling circular bedroom. It has a shaving point in the bathroom and hair dryer is provided. 'Ocean'—Queen bedroom Step out of this lovely bedroom and the swimming pool is 3 strides away. Large windows face the ocean and the Island of Martinique and the gardens. It has a four poster queen size bed and air conditioning and large ceiling fan. There is a small safe and hair dryer. In the bathroom there is a shaving point. 'Bosuns' ---- King bedroom This the largest bedroom suite with an enormous double bed and an additional separate single bed. It is air conditioned and also has a large ceiling fan and opens on to the pool terrace. The ensuite bath has a small safe, shaver point, hairdryer....moreless
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- All bathroom are ensuite to the repective bedroom
- Xanadu is located in Cap Estate, the northern tip of St. Lucia: 3 Minutes drive or 12 min walk to the beach "Anse Du Cap” or 20 min walk and 5 min drive to "Smuggler's Cove" in Cap Estate 4 Minutes drive 18 hole Golf & Country Club and Tennis & Racquet Club 4 Minutes drive to Gros Islet street party on Friday nights 6 Minutes drive to Saint Lucia Jazz Festival venue at Pigeon Island National Park. 6 Minutes drive to Pigeon Island National Park for Hiking, Snorkeling, beaches 6 Minutes drive to Pigeon Point Beach. 7 Minutes drive to National Cricket Stadium at Beausejour 7 Minute drive to the Rodney Bay for shops, banks, post office, restaurants, bars, night clubs, fitness center, art gallery, beaches etc. 15 Minutes drive to/from George F.L.Charles Airport (SLU) 15 Minutes drive to St. Lucia’s capital Castries. 1 hour 15 minutes to/from Hewanorra International Airport (UVF) ...moreless
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Botanical Garden
- Coin Laundry
- Duty Free Shops
- Rain Forests
- Recreation Center
- Water Parks
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Equestrian Events
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room:
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- Housekeeper Included
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 1 - Dec 15, 2017
5 night min stay
Rates are based on 2 guests; add $25 per night, per additional guest
Christmas /New Years
Dec 16 - Jan 6, 2018
7 night min stay
Jan 7 - Apr 30, 2018
5 night min stay
Rates are based on 2 guests; add $38 per night, per additional guest
My Standard Rate
5 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Please note: 2017 rates are for ONE bedroom . Every additional bedroom will be:
Winter US$ 70.00 (up to 2 guests)
Summer US$ 50.00 (up to two guests)
The rates for Christmas/ New Years are flat rates for up to 3 bedrooms and 6 guests..
Manager's cancellation policy:
Cancelled bookings will not receive a refund.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
One of the most enchanting islands on earth, Saint Lucia seems to have been designed for romance. Its lush mountainous interior, filled with hummingbirds and cascading waterfalls, combined with palm fringed coves and warm azure waters create a magical backdrop for any occasion. This tropical paradise is further enhanced by a charming people and fascinating history.
Pool and deck at Xanadu
View from Xanadu
Masterbedroom at Xanadu
"Ocean" room at Xanadu
Ensuite bath to Ocean Room
Ensuite bath to Bosuns
View of Pigeon Island from Xanadu
View from Dining area at Xanadu
View from Dining area at Xanadu
Pool from inside the Dome
Night view from Xanadu
Xanadu in the evening
Villa Xanadu Deck and pool in St. Lucia
Master bedroom "Captain's Quarters"
"Bosuns" Room at Xanadu
Alfresco Dining by Pool at Xanadu
Kitchen at Xanadu
Out side dining at Xanadu
Pool with Swim-up at Xanadu
Main Living area at Xanadu " The Dome"
Xanadu at night
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to manager
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.