KEEP OUR FORESTS SAFE, PLEASE ADHERE TO ANY BURN BANS THAT MAY BE IN EFFECT. YOU WILL BE HELD RESPONSIBLE IF THIS IS VIOLATED - https://www.parkco.us/AlertCenter.aspx
This charming cabin is located in Valley of the Sun which is just 5 minutes from Fairplay and 25 minutes from Breckenridge. The cabin has 2 bedrooms, one bath, a family room, a dining room and a loft. It is on 2 acres overlooking the snowy mountains. The cozy living area with a wood-burning stove is open to the dining area and kitchen. The kitchen has gorgeous mountain views and lots of light. There is a large bedroom upstairs with lots of room. The separate loft has a foosball table and cozy seating. The master bedroom has a queen bed and a private balcony with amazing views. The owners have provided lots of games for entertainment or you can relax by the cozy wood stove after a day of outdoor adventure.
The home is in the center of many of the main recreation areas in Colorado. Whether you love skiing in the winter or hiking in the summer, you will be within a short drive of many great areas. Fairplay and Alma are the activity center of the Colorado Rocky Mountains and is often referred to as the Base Camp for all activities some of which include hiking, mountain climbing, horseback riding, ice climbing, fishing, hunting, rafting, 4-wheeling, ATVing, mine exploring, canoeing, kayaking, and much much more.
If you can think of an outdoor activity, you will probably find it within 10-20 minutes of the cabin. It is a great area to call your 'Base Camp'. This is a beautiful home to spend any season of the year.
You can find all of these activities within minutes of the home:
* FISHING ... Gold Medal/Blue Ribbon Fishing. 5 area lakes and public river a short drive away
* In Subdivision... Access to National Forest/Montgomery Reservoir, Lincoln Falls, Ice Climbing, and some of the best snow-shoeing and 4-wheeling in Colorado
* Breckenridge ... ski, snow-board, snowmobile, fish, boat, golf - 25 min. NW
* Buena Vista ... Hot Springs, fishing, raft the Arkansas River - 35 min. SW
* Salida ... fishing, hiking, jeep trails , rafting - 45 min SW
* Como Historic Railroad District - 20 min. NW
* Fairplay Historic Mining Town - 5 min. NW
* Denver ... shopping, theaters, sports, amusements parks -90 min NE
* Cripple Creek ... gold mining, gambling - 50 min.
* Canon City ... home of the Royal Gorge - 60 min SE
* Manitou Springs ... Cave of the Winds, Pikes Peak - 60 min. SE
You will enjoy the flexibility of being able to explore all of the exciting areas in the heart of the Rockies by being in the center of all the activities. You will be able to enjoy a luxurious home but also the seclusion and beauty that only a true mountain setting can offer.
The access is easy and 4-wheel drive/AWD is not a necessity during the summer months but is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED DURING THE WINTER MONTHS. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR VEHICLES NOT BEING ABLE TO REACH THE CABIN DUE TO SNOW. THE ROADS ARE COUNTY MAINTAINED AND NOT OUR RESPONSIBILITY. OUR DRIVEWAY IS PLOWED ANYTIME THERE IS 4 INCHES OR MORE OF SNOW DURING THE WINTER MONTHS. IF YOUR VEHICLE IS NOT CAPABLE, WE ARE NOT ABLE TO ASSIST. THE CABIN IS LOCATED AT APPROXIMATELY 11,000 FT ABOVE SEA LEVEL.