The Gateway Cottage ~ Williams / Grand Canyon / Flagstaff(88 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
Home, 2 KING Bedrooms + 1 Queen Sleeping loft, 2 Baths (Sleeps 6-9)
1. Grand Canyon National Park ph# 928 638 7888
2. Grand Canyon Railway Train ph# 1 800 the train
3. Arizona Snow Bowl Ski Area ph# 928 779 1951
4. Bearizona Wildlife Park ph# 928 635 2289
5. Grand Canyon Caverns ph#928-422-3224
6. Mountain Ranch Stables ph#928-635-0706
7. Elk Ridge Ski/Recreation Area ph# 928-814-5038
8. Sedona Chamber ph# 1 800 288 7336
9. Oak Creek Canyon US Forest Service ph# 928 282 4119
10. Out of Africa Wildlife Park ph# 928 567 2840
11. Sunset Crater ph# 928 526 0502
12. Meteor Crater ph# 928 289 2362
13. Museum of Northern Arizona ph# 928 774 5213 http://www.musnaz.org/
14. Riordan Mansion Park ph# 928 779 4395
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2011
- 1765 sq. ft.
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Suitable For Elderly Or Infirm
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 9, Beds for 6-9
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Our beautifully decorated 1765 sf home on an acre of pines offers 2 King bedrooms, a Queen bed and a twin bed in the loft, a queen sleeper sofa in the living room as well as a playpen/crib, air mattress and extra pillows. We provide all linens, kitchenware and utensils, some spices, coffee, tea, hot chocolate and spiced cider. Spend time in Williams shopping the unique stores there, taking a walk in the cool pine scented air or relax on the porch. Pine wood can be found on the lot for the outdoor fire pit, and wood for the fireplace can be purchased in Williams at Safeway or Circle K. In the back yard there is a large play set, and we are planning to add a horseshoe pit and additional shrubbery/landscaping next spring. Please come and enjoy yourselves here at The Gateway Cottage....moreless
- DVD Player:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Autumn Foliage
- Coin Laundry
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Theme Parks
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Cross Country Skiing
- Equestrian Events
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Ice Skating
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 11 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Basic Soaps
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer
- Filtered Water
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room:
- Mobile Phone:
- Paper Towels
- Parking Off Street:
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Sofa Bed
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine:
- Water Cooler
- Wireless Internet:
- Wood Fireplace:
- Outdoor Grill:
- Outdoor Grill Gas
- Porch / Veranda
- Porch Furniture
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Rates are based on 6 guests; add $10 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning fee $125 + tax
- Refundable Damage Deposit $300
- Tax Rate 7.3%
~THE "SERVICE FEE" IS CHARGED BY AND PAYABLE TO AVRBO/HOMEAWAY, NOT THE OWNER~
No extra fees charged for Holidays.
Cleaning fee is $125 up to 9 guests
6.9% tax per stay, not included in rental rates
$10 per person/night water surcharge for more than 6 guests, max 9
$300 refundable damage/loss deposit
We no longer host pets due to guests with allergies.
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Grand Canyon 1 hour / Flagstaff 23 miles / Williams11 miles;
Grand Canyon, Grand Canyon Railway/Polar Express, Oak Hill Snow Play area/Sinkhole, Bearizona, Deer Farm, Grand Canyon Caverns, Snow Bowl Ski Area/Summer Lift Ride, Lowell Observatory, Museum of Northern Arizona, Sedona/Oak Creek Canyon, Out of Africa Wildlife Park (Camp Verde area), Sunset Crater, Meteor Crater.
Year Purchased: 2007
About the owner: Our names are Darrel & Merrie, we met in Williams & have been married 43 years. We have 2 grown children and 5 grandchildren. Merrie grew up in the area, and has always called it 'home', she loves the mountains, pines and the quiet pace of the location.
Why the Owner Chose Williams, AZ, USA:
We purchased the land in 2002 and dreamed of the day we would see our cabin there on the property. We drew the plans and sub-contracted the construction beginning in 2005, the home was, for the most part, completed in 2007. We have enjoyed the process, and have been doing some finishing touches since then. We are confident you will enjoy the property, and make many happy memories there.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
There is a peacefulness you'll feel when staying at our home, and the proximity to the Grand Canyon, Williams, Bearizona, The Grand Canyon Railway, Flagstaff and Sedona makes our home perfect for daily outings taking in all the sites. We enjoy taking the family to the cabin to enjoy the cool weather in summer. The smell of the pines, relaxing around the fire pit and taking walks in the forest, along with the occasional sightings of the deer, elk and antelope in the area are a welcome change of pace. The Kaibab squirrels that live in the neighborhood enjoy the handouts and are very entertaining. Winters are beautiful with the fresh snow, sledding and holidays in front of the fireplace with the scent of cedar wood, freshly baked cookies, coffee and hot chocolate. Christmas in Williams is a sight to see, with the lighting of the huge Christmas tree, and boarding the Polar Express is a joy for the kiddies, young and old. Bearizona Wildlife Park and The Deer Farm are a must see, near Williams, only a few miles away. (Sorry, we do not host pets in consideration of those with allergies)
- Primary: +1 6236956708
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Relax on the front porch on the swing and 2 rocking chairs
Beautiful kitchen with stainless steel appliances, DOUBLE OVENS!
Updated TV in living room on 1/21/15 to 55'
Spacious great room
Washer/dryer, iron/board + extra towels/linens in laundry room
Beautiful first floor bedroom has huge bay window.
Queen bed in loft, skylight above opens for fresh air
Very roomy master bedroom with king bed, skylight and open air balcony.
Very large shower and beautiful vanity along with soaking tub in master bath.
Beautiful view from the front porch the morning after a fresh snow.
Love that huge counter island! Great for baking cookies, or a family meal.
We put in new sofas Oct 2015. One is a queen sleeper with memory foam mattress.
Warm and cozy inside by the fire.
Dining for 6 + 3 at the counter, lots of room.
Lovely and spacious first floor bath.
King bed in first floor bedroom is very comfortable.
Twin sleeper chair, nice place to relax with a book
Relax and enjoy the view from the large bathtub.
Enjoy a meal or just sit back and enjoy the view on the back deck.
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Monday, March 27, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.