Ski in-out home for large families
Perle du Bois
About Your Accommodations
This home was literally designed with the ski family in mind—the owner/architect built this home to complement and make the most of Kirkwood’s natural beauty. This beautifully furnished custom home is well suited for up to three families; bring your friends along for a luxurious High Sierra retreat!
About the Property
Take in the stunning views of Thimble Peak, Red Cliffs, and Glove Rock from the 360 degree windows or the oversized deck and patio. The Palisades subdivision provides trail-side access, allowing you to ski from your front door directly to Cornice Express Chair 6 or Timber Creek Chair 7 and back home again. When the ski season tapers off, you’re also in close proximity to numerous hiking trails, a full disc golf course, and other local activities. Get away from it all and take an overnight horseback trip, hike in waist deep wildflowers, or swim or canoe in one of 20 lakes in a 5 mile radius. Even in high season, you’re secluded from the crowds in your own relaxing oasis.
A roaring wood fire awaits, making your après ski get-togethers extra cozy. The huge, open living room and lower level entertainment room provide ample space and amenities to entertain your guests—a billiards table, 52" TV with DVD player, and home stereo system keep the fun going after the lifts close. If a professional kitchen is your choice, you have it, and the formal dining area seats ten. A large mosaic tile mural of Kirkwood adds some extra character and is certainly a sight to remember! Six bedrooms ensure ultimate privacy when it’s time to turn in for the night, and a private loft area (with additional sleeping areas) is perfect for the kids to play board games, read or romp around.
* Bathrooms: towels, soap, shampoo, conditioner and lotion provided
* Kitchen: Gourmet Kitchen with the following amenities: bar seating for 4, dining table seating for 10, 2 Bosch dishwashers, Wolf 6 burner gas stove, microwave, coffee maker, basic pots and pans, dishes and silverware
* 2 decks off living room - Charcoal Grill
* No access to Recreation Center
* No elevator - Stair access only
* 2 car garage and 2 outdoor parking spaces
* Mudroom and Ski Storage
* Energy Monitored "Green" Home
* Pool Table
Things To Do
* Skiing and Snowboarding
* Cross Country Skiing
* Zipline Tours
* Boating, swimming and fishing