Big House-Great Location-Near Zoo, Parks, Beaches, Sea World, Downtown, Conv Ctr(108 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3-5 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
House, 6 Bedrooms, 5 Baths, (Sleeps 12)
Our house is over 3,600 square feet with a large backyard with a patio, lawn and children's playgound area with swings and sandbox.
We love to rent to families visiting the San Diego area who want to take advantage of our house's location to many of the major tourist attractions in San Diego with the convenience of getting together with their family at a house and not at a hotel. Our house and backyard are one of the biggest in the neighborhood however we do not allow large events such as weddings or receptions at the house.
We like to limit the maximum occupancy of our house to no more than 8 adults at one time and no more than 4 children at one time. If you have more than 12 adults and children combined, we may allow it but we do have an extra guest fee. Please call us if you would like to discuss our max occupancy limit.
The lay out of the house is as follows:
- Our living room area has twelve foot high arched ceilings with a fireplace, flat screen TV above it, leather sofa sectional.
- The dining room has a table that is big enough to seat 12.
- The kitchen has all major appliances including a dishwasher, Jenn Air wall oven, Jenn Air wall microwave, Jenn Air stove top with over 60 sq feet of corian countertop. Coffeemaker, toaster oven, toaster and blender provided.
- The master bedroom downstairs has a king size bed with its own bathroom, with a shower stall and small bath tub. There is a TV in this room.
- The downstairs office room off of the living room is an office that has has a desk area with two ethernet connections for your computer. There is wireless throughout the house also.
- There is a hallway bathroom that has a shower and a one person Jacuzzi tub. The downstairs has hardwood floors throughout.
- You will take our carpeted stairs up to the second floor where we have 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. The second floor of the house is fully carpeted. There is a washer and dryer in the upstairs hallway.
- The master bedroom upstairs has a king size bed with its own bathroom, shower stall and 2 person Jacuzzi Spa Tub. It also has its own balcony and a 42 inch flat screen TV.
- The second bedroom upstairs has a queen bed and a TV. This bedroom shares a full bathroom with the 3rd bedroom that has a queen size bed and a sliding glass door that leads to a balcony with slight views of the ocean.
- The 4th bedroom has a king bed and you step down 4 steps to the 5th bedroom which has a king bed with a high vaulted ceiling. There is a 27 inch TV in this room. There is a bedroom off this bedroom.
Besides the playground and swing set in our backyard for the kids we have bikes, scooters and soccer balls, footballs and baseballs for them to play with. The backyard is fully fenced. We also have beach chairs, umbrellas and coolers at the house that you can use if you are planning to go to the beach which is a few miles away.
Keywords: 6 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms family house located in a quiet San Diego neighborhood near the San Diego Zoo, Sea World, beaches, USS Midway, Petco Park, Qualcomm Stadium and Gaslamp District in downtown San Diego. Close to La Jolla and Coronado. Legoland is 30 minutes up the road.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2002
- 3600 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 12
- Children Welcome:
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
Bedrooms: 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12, Beds for 12
Bathrooms: 5 Bathrooms
- Tourist Attractions
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Theme Parks
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Miniature Golf
- Outlet Shopping
- Scenic Drives
- Whale Watching
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Jet Skiing
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 12 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Broadband Access:
- Clothes Dryer
- Covered Parking
- Free Long Distance
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
Pool / Spa
- Jetted Tub
- Housekeeper Optional
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Feb 21 - May 23, 2017
3 night min stay
May 25 - Sep 6, 2017
5 night min stay
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Pet Fee $20 + tax
- Refundable Damage Deposit $300
- One time maid cleaning fee $295 + tax
- Tax Rate 11.05%
We typically ask for about 25% down to reserve our place. We like no more than 10 adults or 6 children in the house. We do allow for more than 12 people in the house at one time, however, there is an extra cost of $25 per person per night over the total occupancy of 12 adult and/or children. Pets are negotiable. Standard rate is $20 a night per pet. Each stay has a $300 refundable security deposit.
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 2000
About the owner: We are a family of 6 that lived in this house for close to 10 years. We loved the house and the neighborhood, however, we had to move to another house in the San Diego area to take advantage of that area's special needs school for our youngest daughter.
Why the Owner Chose Mission Hills, San Diego, CA, USA:
The property is situated in one of the oldest residential neighborhoods in San Diego. We originally moved to this house because we enjoyed the convenience of the neighborhood being close to many of the major freeways, the downtown San Diego area, Balboa Park and the beaches. We loved the feel of the neighborhood and the eclectic mix of Spanish, Craftsman and modern homes.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
We have kept the original hardware floors and kept the high arched living room ceiling. Being on top of a hill we continually feel the warm ocean beeezes so we do not need to use our central air conditioning very often. Our backyard area is bigger than most in this neighborhood so we landscaped it so there would be plenty of room for our kids to play and enjoy.
- Primary: (619) 251-2946
- Secondary: (619) 319 5537 (California, USA)
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
6 Bedroom House on a quiet street in a great neighborhood of San Diego.
The living room has 14 foot ceilings. It has a sofa, love seat and chair.
Dining Room is bright and airy. The table in here can seat up to 14 people.
Downstairs Master Bedroom with King size bed, TV and its own bathroom.
First floor bedroom has a king bed.
2nd floor master bedroom has a king size bed, a flat screen TV and French doors.
The master bedroom has French doors & tall windows with privacy French shutters.
This 2nd floor bedroom has a queen bed. This room has its own TV.
Upstairs Bedroom with a queen bed.
Office Room with desk and library.
The backyard patio furniture has a sofa, tables, chairs and a charcoal barbeque.
A backyard playground for the kids and plenty of lawn for family fun.
The kitchen has all the major appliances. The cabinets all your kitchen needs.
Plenty of cabinets and counter space in our kitchen.
Downstairs Master Bathroom with walk in shower stall. Great for elderly guests
Downstairs Hallway Bathroom with tile floor and granite vanity top
The 2nd floor Master Bathroom has a walk in shower, new vanity top and new tile.
The 2nd Floor Master Bathroom has a 2 person Jacuzzi tub.
2nd floor bathroom with new granite countertop and tile floor.
Second floor bedroom with king bed. There is a TV in this room.
Cobblestone driveway on side of the house for 4 cars. Can park 2 cars on street
The backyard has room for patio furniture and table.
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Thursday, March 30, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.