3 Suites with Privacy and Great Mountain Views and Hot Tub(94 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2-7 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
House, 3 Bedrooms, 3.5 Baths, (Sleeps 6)
The house is located in the Blue Ridge Mountains at 2900 feet elevation within a small mountain community containing only 7 houses on 70 acres. Privacy abounds and so does the wildlife.
Enjoy a relaxing stay on the porch or drive just 12 miles to downtown Asheville and enjoy shopping and restaurants in the 'Paris of the South'. The town of Black Mountain is just 9 miles in the other direction. Spend a day at the Biltmore Estate (13 miles) or go hiking on any of the miles of trails just minutes away. Want to drive the Blue Ridge Parkway? An entrance is just 10 minutes away.
Our house has beds to accommodate 6 adults or combination of adults and children totaling 6 people. With advance notice we can arrange for a crib or pack and play. No more than 6 people.
Keywords: Asheville, mountain views, Biltmore Estate, sunsets, national forest, hot tub
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2011
- 2200 sq. ft.
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
- King size beds (1) Upstairs master suite has a king bed, chest, and lounge area with TV. Also has a private covered porch with seating and mountain views., Queen size Beds (2) Master suite on main has a queen bed, chest, and chair. Also has a private covered porch with swing and mountain views. Third suite has a queen bed, chest, and chair with mountain views....moreless
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- Private mountain setting with to live for mountain views
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Music Library:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Mountain Biking
- Water Tubing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer
- Gas Fireplace:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Parking Off Street
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Wireless Internet:
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Ice Maker
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Mar 17 - May 26, 2017
2 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
Jun 3 - Sep 3, 2017
7 night min stay
Changeover Day: Saturday
Sep 30 - Nov 4, 2017
5 night min stay
Christmas & New Years
Dec 22 - Jan 1, 2018
4 night min stay
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning Fee $135 + tax
- Refundable Damage Deposit $250
- Tax Rate 7%
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
• 3 miles from Warren Wilson College which has miles of hiking trails through the woods and along the Swannanoa River
• 8 miles from an entrance to the Blue Ridge Parkway which is a lovely drive with numerous overlooks that provide breathtaking views and numerous hiking trails through the wilderness, to mountain peaks with 100 mile views, and to waterfalls
• 9 miles to the quaint town of Black Mountain where you can stroll through shops, enjoy a meal at one of the numerous restaurants, have an ice cream treat or indulge in some luscious chocolate
• 12 miles to downtown Asheville, the “Paris of the South”, where you have so many great restaurants to choose from that it is hard to make a choice and hard to make a bad choice, enjoy a day of strolling around the streets exploring the shops, enjoy a live performance at one of the community theaters, take in an Asheville Tourists baseball game, just to mention a few
• 13 miles (1 mile from downtown) to the Biltmore Estate where you can tour Vanderbilt’s summer home built in the 1890's in the style of a French chateau and wander the manicured grounds or visit the winery for a taste of Biltmore wines.
• 28 miles to Chimney Rock park and 2 miles further to Lake Lure
• About 35 miles to white water rafting
• There are many places in the area to enjoy a bike ride, some more challenging than others regarding changes in altitude along the way.
Year Purchased: 2014
About the owner: This home is owned by Steve and Henrietta Holbrooks. We are native North Carolinians and have always held a deep love and appreciation for the Blue Ridge Mountains. We've hiked many of the area trails and never missed a chance to tour the Blue Ridge Parkway. We've had great times camping there with our children and other families, sharing adventures and making memories. Now, as 'empty nesters', we've taken up kayaking, traveling, and gaining an appreciation of the culture & history of the NC Mountains. We stayed in Knob View for the first time in August 2013 and fell in love with the home immediately. The long range views along with its serenity and tranquility were so unique. We also have friends who stayed with us who, after experiencing the area, purchased land and built a vacation home nearby (VRBO #865183).
Why the Owner Chose Swannanoa, NC, USA:
Asheville has always been one of our favorite destinations. The area offers something for everyone. There's a vibrant arts culture with artisans and performers that bring the downtown to life after dark. It has beautiful architecture, fabulous shops, restaurants, and a booming craft beer industry. For those who prefer smaller towns, Black Mountain and Weaverville are popular destinations nearby. There's the Biltmore House, Gardens, and Winery which are a must see. Those who enjoy watersports will find a canoe/kayak outfitter just 20 minutes away on the French Broad River. And of course, the natural beauty that surrounds you explains why The Blue Ridge Parkway has been the most visited 'park' in the US every year since 1949.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Knob View Retreat offers the perfect retreat following a day exploring the Asheville area. It's only 15 minutes from downtown but seems 'worlds away'. We enjoy the privacy and quiet, you can hear the birds chirping, the squirrels rustling through the leaves, and the wind blow. At dusk the sunsets over the mountain range are to die for. At night the crickets will sing you to sleep. And of course there are mountain views everywhere you look! Ahhhhh
- Primary: 828-775-1004
Soothing hot tub with soothing view
The house with views overlooking the Bee Tree Valley.
Comfortable Great Room with leather seating, flat screen TV and of course views.
8 foot doors and windows to bring the mountain view indoors
Master on Main with en suite bath and access to porch with hot tub
Shower in bathroom on main
Comfortable large suite with soaring wood ceiling and 32" HDTV
The third bedroom suite with, you guessed it, views
View from upper porch
The Sunset views are fantastic from the house.
Late summer view from the porch. Great views to be enjoyed year round.
View from Porch looking across to Craggy
Welcome to Knob View Retreat
The Sunset views are fantastic from the house.
Enjoy the gas logs fireplace and watch your favorite TV with Bose surround sound
Fully equipped upscale kitchen
Bathroom en suite master on main
King bedroom upstairs with bath, sitting area, and porch with views
How would you like to wake up to that view? You can!
Captivating views from the deck
Did I mention the gorgeous sunsets
Beautiful fall colors in October
Winter view from the house of Craggy with a light dusting of snow.
Aaahhh... A little bit of paradise.
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Thursday, April 27, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.