Play at the `house on the beach` at Casa Playa, a duplex located directly across from the Gulf of Mexico on West Beach. This Gulf Shores beach home rental offers balconies on two of the three levels with great views and gathering places for family and friends.The first level is the main living level with a living area, dining and fully equipped, modern kitchen with laundry facility. The bedroom on this level has a king bed and is accompanied by a private full bath. Behind the kitchen is a small den area great for children and game playing; this space has a sleeper sofa for additional sleeping. An additional full bath completes the schematic of this level. A master suite with a king bed is located on the second level; this room faces the Gulf and is accompanied by a full bath complete with whirlpool tub and separate shower. One guest bedroom on this level has a king bed while the second has a queen bed; each has a private full bath. The laundry facilities are found on this level as well. To top it off, this great duplex is a third level with two guest bedrooms, each with two double beds and one twin bunk bed. There is a full bath common to both bedrooms. A shared pool with the west side of this duplex makes the playtime extra special at Casa Playa.Interested in hosting your wedding or special event at this property? All events must to booked through the Kaiser Realty Group Sales Coordinator in order to follow specific regulations and ordinances set forth by this property owner, the city and Kaiser Realty. Contact our Group Sales Coordinator at (800) 225-4853 today and start planning your event today! To view more of our wedding and event friendly properties, please click here. Group bookings require additional fees. This home allows monthly reservations November 1 - March 13.
- Half Baths0
- Min Stay1 - 7 nights
6 Bedrooms, 6 Baths, Sleeps 22
Kaiser Realty by Wyndham Vacation Rentals
- Response time:
- within one day
- Calendar last updated:
- Aug 18, 2018
Pool / Spa
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Beautiful Location, neglected house
We had a mixture of 23 adults, children and infants stay in Casa Playa East from July 8, 2017 - July 15, 2017. The house met our main needs but was lacking in several areas.
- The beach access is not directly across from the house. It is down 50 - 100 yards on each side. We had older family that have difficulty walking and young families carrying loads of items to the beach. Fortunately, there was not renters across the street from us so we walked through their property. While no fault of the property owners, the road that we had to cross was extremely busy with traffic. There are no crosswalks. We noticed this throughout the Gulf Shores area.
- There was not a BBQ grill on site. We had to purchase one which we left behind for the next renters.
- The internet is not available/reliable. We had college students that were taking summer online courses and adults that were working remote for the week. Even after the internet service provider came out to fix it, we could not access it. We were told that the data was all used up for the plan in one day. We ended up buying hotspots through our cell phones in order to work and do school.
- There are three bedrooms and the main living area with balconies. NONE of these doors lock. Therefore, no family with young children were able to stay in those bedrooms. They were relegated to the interior bedroom and the third floor bunkrooms. This is a dangerous situation. The living room balcony is shared with the rental unit next door. Fortunately, the other side was a large family like ours and we were not concerned for our safety. They, however, had the maintenance crew out to work on their locks.
- The exterior door took two adults 15 minutes to figure out how to lock/unlock. You cannot do it with only one hand. The door has to be pulled towards you in order to unlock the bolt. Therefore, we did not lock the door until we left the unit on Saturday at checkout.
- EVERY pool deck chair was broken. They were all cracked or torn where a persons bottom would be while sitting in them. The pool turned cloudy and very dirty about halfway through the week and was unusable for two days.
- There were two "bunkrooms" but only one of them had a ladder to access the upper bunk.
- Several of the beds were broken. Slats actually laying on the floor broken, mattresses very hard, one pillow per person, nothing to prop up in bed on to read at night.
- Lots of other things - owner needs to spend the night every so often.
We had 5 families. Plenty of room for all of us. Would book again!
Rates shown above do not include taxes and fees