Beautiful Home with Panoramic Ocean View, Large Pool, Hot Tub.(24 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:4 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
About the Property
3 Bedrooms, 1.75 Bathrooms, Other (See Description), Sleeps 6
Enjoy the fishing boat activities on the sea below. Look up the coast at the beautiful Kealakekua Bay. Watch the saffron finches and tropical Java sparrows at the bird feeders and listen to the sounds of the Hawaiian doves. Enjoy our 3 bedrooms, carpeted, with 2 king size beds and one double bed, each equipped with dressers and closets. Each bedroom has sliding glass doors that open onto pool deck.
Additional Details: The large living room has sliding glass doors on both sides to allow the breezes through. The house retains a perfect temperature all day, no fans or air conditioning needed, but on an exceptionally hot day there are ceiling fans in every room. During the cooler evenings we sometimes close the sliding doors on the mountain side. From the bedrooms or the living room you can listen to the garden fountain and watch the birds take baths. There are 55 Macademia nut trees on the 3 acres which is a small, older lava flow. We also have mango trees and citrus. A nut cracker is provided on one of the lanai tables.
More Information: The large table seats six and we eat dinner out there in the sunsets. Our pool is long enough for lap swimming, but wide enough for kids to play in. It is heated with a solar heating system. You can walk out of the house and jump right into the pool. Bathing suits are optional because there is a privacy wall from the neighbors who are far enough away that they couldn't see what you have on anyway.
When you finish your swim, relax in our large, blue hot tub which seats seven, with two jet settings and a little waterfall. You can experiment with the different color lights in the evenings. There is a red cement lanai all the way around the house, providing lots of room for your Scuba and snorkeling gear or pool toys.
Dave and Sally are newly retired teachers. We have taught in the Bay Area in California in a two room school, on Hornby Island in British Columbia, Canada, and here in Kona for the last 14 years. We also ran a group home for troubled teens in Victoria for six years. Dave runs a special program at Kealakehe High School in Kailua-Kona for teen age kids who have trouble with the larger campus, and Sally taught at the Elementary level at a private preparatory school in Kona, both in the classroom and PE and Music. We will be dividing our time between our home in Canada and our home here in Hawaii. We hope you enjoy our place.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2011
- 1800 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Suitable For Elderly Or Infirm
- Wheelchair Accessible
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Enjoy our 3 bedrooms, carpeted, with 2 king size beds and one double bed, each equipped with dressers and closets. Each bedroom has sliding glass doors that open onto pool deck. The master bedroom has 2 closets and a regular door to hallway, while the other two bedrooms have sliding Japanese soji doors....moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom, 1 Half Bathroom
- Our large main bathroom has a shower big enough to share or to contain a wheelchair, aqua tile floor, and long counter. There's a door that opens onto the pool deck. The shower can be used as a bathtub. Out on the lanai is another small bathroom that has a toilet and a shower with a view of the side yard. You can wash hands in the nearby kitchen sink inside....moreless
- Near Kona Coffee farms, cattle ranches, botanical garden, local restaurants. Enjoy the fishing boat activities on the sea below. Look up the coast at the beautiful Kealakekua Bay. Watch the saffron finches and tropical Java sparrows at the bird feeders and listen to the sounds of the Hawaiian doves. Parking for RV/Boat/Trailer. Deck/Patio: Large wood deck around pool, with railing. Lanai (3) : Red cement lanais all around the house. Ocean View: 180 degree ocean view, no houses in front of us. Mountain View: Looking up the hill at Mauna Loa, Hualalai Mountain can be seen from the front and side of the house. Kid Friendly: Toddlers and small children must be watched as pool is accessible to bedrooms and lanais. Small children will be welcome at your own risk. Handicapped and Wheelchair Accessible (may have limitations). Wood finishing and kitchen counters and cabinets are beautiful, old growth fir from Vancouver Island, British Columbia....moreless
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- Away From It All
- Botanical Garden
- Coin Laundry
- Live Theater
- Nude Beach
- Rain Forests
- Theme Parks
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Near The Ocean
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Equestrian Events
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Alarm Clock
- Basic Soaps
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Paper Towels
- Parking Off Street
- Sofa Bed
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- Cooking Utensils
- Beach Towels
- Large Cooler
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Grill Gas
- Porch / Veranda
- Small Cooler
- Unscreened Porch / Veranda
- Wood Deck
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Hot Tub
- Outdoor Hot Tub
- Private Pool
- Spa Whirlpool
- Housekeeper Included
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
4 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Property Damage Protection $59
- Cleaning $150 + tax
- Pet Fee $30
- Tax Rate 13.5%
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
We are south of Honaunau, off the main highway, with a 180 degree view of the ocean and up the coastline to Kealakekua Bay and Kailua Kona. It is very quiet and private, in the country near cattle ranches and Honaunau Bay, which is the best dive and snorkel site in Hawaii, and also near the National Historical Park. We are 15 minutes from Captain Cook, where there is a shopping center, and 35 minutes from Keauhou and Kailua Kona. Our place is an oasis on a small lava flow, but landscaped so you don't see lava from the lanais. We are one and a half hours to Volcanoes National Park. There are plenty of nearby activities: snorkeling, swimming, Hookena Beach Park, scuba, kayaking, hang gliding, antiquing, coffee farms, madademia nut farms. We have 55 macademia nut trees, 4 mango trees, citrus trees. Eat your fill. Watch the birds at the feeder and the boats on the ocean. Enjoy a drink on the lanai and watch the Kona sunsets.
Other Activities: shopping, kayaking, parasailing, miniature golf, boating, wildlife viewing, basketball court
Living room with counter to kitchen on right.
Pool with ocean in background. Privacy wall on left.
Pool, house showing living room and front covered lanai and guest bedroom door.
View of doors to bedroom and bathroom and our 2 Swiss Mountain dogs.
View of mountain side steps, privacy wall, and corner of carport.
Master bedroom showing access to pool.
Taken from lanai showing garden pool, hot tub, and house. Ocean in background.
View from lanai of front garden, ocean.
Tiled bathroom. Shower on left, pool outdoors in background.
Guest bedroom, one of two smaller bedrooms, pool and view
View from pool
Sally and Dave, our son, Kyrin, and Kona and Makani, Christmas, 2012
Rainbow over the ocean from pool deck.
Sideways view, sorry, of Sally, dogs, hot tub,
Merry Christmas! Sally and Dave at a school fair for Therapeutic Horsemanship.
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.