Smaller accommodation consider our Boat House. See below for info.Try find american rental.c
Sharon has installed central air conditioning in the Beach House. This is at the special request of our American visitors. It can of course be turned off and the cross ventilation with the cupola above used as originally designed at your wish. It should be noted that consumption of more electricity than 150kw/hrs/week will be chargeable to the visitor at the BEC applicable rate and fuel charge.(FYI 150kw/hrs/wk is more than we use in our private houses)
1. Air Travel from UK: By United, at GBP 549. On Friday to Tuesdays going west and Thursday to Monday going east Newcastle to Newark and then by Air Canada to Pearson for ($C this can vary) from Pearson direct to George Town Exuma at $C230 ish Ask for the Tango fare.
Other economic flights from the UK: Try Virgin Atlantic out of Manchester to Orlando (MCO). Then Bahamas Air to Nassau (NAS) but you have to over night in Nassau. Suggest Orange Hill Hotel. Then Bahamas Air or Sky Bahamas to George Town (GGT) or maybe American Airlines MCO/MIA/GGT. About $1000 round trip for travel only. Delta now offer round trip Orlando to GGT in March 2018 at $359.
Another lower price option: Air Canada on Sundays and sometimes Thursdays, US$230ish ( If you book January or June it can be as low as US$150 round trip) Toronto Pearson YYZ to George Town GGT direct. Note: you have to request the Tango fare. LHR/YYZ C$380 round trip with British Airways and Sky Bahamas NAS to GGT B$185 . $800 ish total.
From Miami take the AA Eagle to George Town (MIA-GGT)
Private Beach: We have access to a private deserted island with a sand beach, within a cute bay on the South side, only a mile from the cottage. See the aerial picture included with our photos. Brilliant snorkelling on the south west corner of the island. The only regular inhabitant is the Osprey who have young every year. You can ferry yourself to the island by paddling the kayaks across or walk at low tide or take a ride in the 15'0' Boston. A Haitian sail boat was washed up on the northern beach.
2. Holiday Rent Payment: ( this is the on line collecting company for HomeAway). Toward the end of 2017 HA desided to make a charge for a "service fee", this is a charge to the Visitor, it varies from 5 - 12% of your booking costs. The service fee is added on our Bill for you but is collected by HRP for HA before any remittance comes to us.
3 If you prefer to make payment by Pay Pal via a credit card, make it to friends and family using my email address for a free transfer, or other means, it is important to email or phone us to this effect. When we acknowledge receipt, you are "booked".
4. As regards cancellations, we are not in the habit of spoiling holiday arrangements with such practice. However, if you find that it is necessary to cancel your booking please advise us soonest so as not to incur charges.
5. The Boutique Cottage: has two Bedrooms each with en-suite bathrooms, sleeps four in luxury. More space for two children elsewhere at an additional cost of $10/head/night. All habitable rooms have a view of the sea. Our standard bed configuration is two Single beds or one King Size in both bedrooms. Please let us know your requirement ahead of your arrival.
6. Swimming from our sheltered beach offers a smooth rock bathing area with access ladder and freshwater shower as you exit the sea. This is next best to a swimming pool.
7. We now have new Liker kayaks, a Sport Fisherman, a Tandem and two paddle boards. A new inflatable kayak is ideal for fishermen who want to fish off alternate beaches, and a Sunfish sailing dinghy for your use. These are included in the rental. Further there is a 15'0' Boston Whaler at $250/day and a choice of two cars. All subject to their availability at the time you need it.
8. Quiet location away from the noise of Town, airport, race tracks and the like.
9. Telephone: We have a mobile phone you can use, all you need is a chip and some minutes obtainable from the local Telephone Company.
10. Internet: is available via rabbit ears supplied by BTC which we can offer at $30/week if service is available from the local supplier.
11. Bone fishing: the accommodation is opposite 2 x 8 miles of, the best in the world, Bone-fishing flats...so we are told. It's a Bone-fisherman's delight. All facilities for DIY fishing but bring your own gear.
12. The Rental charges include, meeting you and free transfers to/from the airport, use of our facilities and 24/7 concierge. Following the heading, "Terms" there are some special notes.
The Boat House: Is a separate, stand alone, small and somewhat rustic waterfront unit, located on the same site, 10ft. from the waters edge, usually used by sailors for an overnight after a session of cruising. It can also be good for Fishermen, couples or single visitors, refer to pictures 15 - 22. It may be that this unit, on some peak occasions, has occupants at the same time as your booking at the Beach House. In order to guarantee that this unit is vacant whilst you are visiting it may be that an increased rental (equal to something less than the Boat House rental) will be required, please ask Sharon before you book, for more detail.
13. Boat House rental: is $175/night $1070/week or $4060/month in each case plus $150 for changeover fee plus $250 for returnable security. Photos 15 - 22 are the Boat House. For more detail please contact me.
14. Bone Fishermen: For Bone fishing, a licence is required and obtainable from the Administrators Office. We can get one for you in advance of your arrival on request. DIY Bone-fishing is practiced here, professional Guides are available, we will be pleased to introduce you to reliable people. Bone-fishing is a sport/pass-time enjoyed right on our doorstep. The 'Flats' are 40'0' from the door. Fishermen who have stayed with us claim that at our location Bone-fishing is the best of its kind in the world. They get up early, Kayak out to the shallow banks no more than 50 yards (meters) from our dock. As with most fishermen they put them back into the water after a catch and photograph.
For a Bone Fishing Guide we recommend Martin Clark , ( once you have booked we will be able to advise his phone #) without doubt he is the King of the Fishing Guides. Tell him you are staying with us, he is not the most expensive.
Snorkelling: 'Kitty's Location'. On the south west shoreline of Sharon's Island, there is the most wonderful snorkelling. Visitors tell us, better than Thunderball Cave.
A scooter can be rented in town at $40/day.
Sailing Sunfish: Sailing on the clear blue warm waters of the Bahamas is exhilarating and yet relaxing for those coming from the hustle and bustle of the city. It is good to be competitive with neighbours and their Sunfish. We now have six Sunfish owners on our strip and are in the process of forming a sailing club. We even offer to learners free instruction to sail, weather permitting.
Boston Whaler: We can arrange for the use of a power boat. Cost for use at $250 for a day, plus $200 deposit. However we can do a discounted price of $200/day for a week of consecutive days. Take it on a trailer, use the Toyota and launch it where you will.
Transportation: The use of a car is recommended which we can loan to visitors who stay with us, on a "you bend it you mend it" basis. There are two and the cost to use the Suzuki Swift is $60/day, the Toyota Surf suv with roof rack and tow bar is $70/day. On very special occasions there is a Hyundai Santa Fe at $80/day. In the event you elect to hire a vehicle privately we will arrange to meet you in town on your first day.
Precautions: Visitors must be mindful that anywhere in the tropics, there will be nasty insects around. On Exuma the most prolific are the mosquito and the 'no-see-ums'. Both of these can give you, nice fresh meat to this area, a nasty bite, that is all BUT there is no need for this to happen if you take precautions.
They cannot withstand a breeze. So pray for wind. All the windows and external doors have fly screens. During the day, especially with children in the family, in and out all the time these insects will get inside the house. You will be well advised to obtain a room fly spray available for the interior of the house before you retire. Not much is needed just a quick squirt in each high corner of the room should be sufficient. Let us know if you are inconvenienced more than this.
Tours: One of the favourite tours requested is to the swimming pigs. Try Aquadisiac Adventures and ask for Edmond recommended by Nikie. Again the phone # is available after you have booked. Ask if their boat is insured for passengers at whichever tour company you decide to use..
Medical facilities: Opened in March 2016 we have our own 32 bed, state of the art hospital, fully equipped and offering facilities rated among the best in the Caribbean to all visitors and permanent residents.
Location: When you arrive at the Immigration counter at the airport: Say to the Officer, you are staying with 'Sharon Wright', most of them know me, at 007 Sea Breeze Drive Bahama Sound 11 West
Tipping: Most Restaurants and Hotels will include 15% on their bills for service charge.
Tour Guides and Taxis expect a gratuity to be given according to the service received. 15% = good service. Fishing Guides, your call entirely, though these people have been known to receive tips larger than their Fees from people who have had a good day.
Home Owners do not ask for nor include any tipping but it is always nice to receive if not by cash then a compliment where it is due, particularly when concierge is given.
The Maids clear the left over food from the fridge as their tip
Finally: As you depart the Customs Hall, you will be greeted by the Taxi Drivers Union Representative, if you ask them for Sharon, they will know where we are waiting.
Prices and conditions may vary from time to time