Complete Privacy, Minutes from Everything!(15 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
3 bedroom, 2.5 bath home full of amenities
Solitude Lodge is a newly, completely renovated home situated on 29 beautiful Adirondack Park acres. The home has 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths and sleeps 8 very comfortably. The master bedroom has it's own bathroom and a king size bed. Bedroom #2 has a queen bed. It shares a hallway bath with bedroom #3 which has a double bed and two twin beds. The half bath and laundry room are on the main floor off of the kitchen.The kitchen is completely new with granite tile counter tops, and all new appliances, including a dishwasher. It is loaded with all the pots, pans, dishes and utensils you will need to prepare and enjoy meals together. The dining room has a large Adirondack rustic style birch and antler table that seats at least 8. Glass doors lead onto the deep front porch where you will find Adirondack chairs, a gas grill, and picturesque views in every direction! The spacious living room has wide plank pine floors, hand hewn beams, a stone fireplace, reading area, chess table, foosball table, rustic bar and dart board, and a 40' flat screen TV with DVD player. A second TV and DVD player for gaming and movies is in bedroom #3.
When you are done exploring you can come home to Solitude! Put your feet up and enjoy each other. We have been lucky enough to create many cherished memories with family and friends in this area. Our goal when renovating Solitude Lodge was to build a home that you could create your own memories in!
Some comments from our guest book...
- 'We had such a wonderful time with our family. Half of us went skiing, half went to Lake Placid. The slopes are just minutes away. This is the nicest house we ever stayed in, and we've been coming to this area since the '80ies. Certainly we will be coming again!'
- 'This is an awesome place, how wonderful! Great views, lovely house, thank you!'
- 'Great cabin,
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2011
- 2000 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 8
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- Our property caretaker lives 2 minutes away and is just a phone call away for you! There is no need for you to be concerned with linens, towels, trash removal , or wood supply... we take care of all that for our guests. We tried to think of everything we could do to help you enjoy, and relax with friends and family! Remember Solitude Lodge is only 5 Minutes from the Town Beach, 3 Minutes from Whiteface Mountain, 15 minutes from Lake Placid, 1 Hour and 15 Min from the Canadian Border, and surrounded by hiking, fishing, snow shoeing, mountain biking, cycling, and skiing, and much more!...moreless
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
Local Services & Businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Outlet Shopping
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Cross Country Skiing
- Equestrian Events
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Ice Skating
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Rock Climbing
- Water Skiing
- Child's Highchair
The dining room is completely open to the kitchen and living room. While sitting together at the birch and antler table you can look out the glass doors to the porch which has the best view in town!...moreless
- Dining Room
- Seating for 8 people
- Broadband Access
- Clothes Dryer
- Free Long Distance
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room:
- Parking Off Street
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- Wood Fireplace
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Apr 15 - Jun 16, 2017
2 night min stay
Jun 17 - Sep 15, 2017
2 night min stay
Sep 16 - Oct 20, 2017
2 night min stay
Oct 21 - Dec 20, 2017
2 night min stay
Dec 21 - Apr 14, 2018
2 night min stay
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $200
- cleaning $100
- Tax Rate 3%
Rates are subject to change anytime before confirmation of your reservation. The TENANT agrees to pay for any damage to the grounds, buildings or content of the premises, A copy of all bills for repair of said damages shall be provided to TENANT within 15 days of receipt by OWNER. OWNER will return remaining balance of security deposit to TENANT after any damages and expenses have been compensated for.
The TENANT shall:
1. Not be allowed to assign this lease or sublet the premises or any part thereof without the written consent of the OWNER.
2. Permit the OWNER or owners representative to enter the premises at reasonable hours in the daytime to examine or show same.
3. Make no alterations in or on the premises without the consent of the OWNER.
4. Contact property manager immediately if problems develop with any of the appliances or systems on the premises.
5. Pay for all damages caused by neglect or carelessness of TENANT, family and guests to the premises.
6. Not cut or permit to be cut or destroyed, any trees or shrubbery on the premises.
7. At end of stay TENANT shall remove all bagged garbage and recyclables to trash cans in the garage. The garage is to be used for no other reason. The TENANT shall leave the premises and contents in orderly fashion. The house will be cleaned by OWNER. Refrigerator should be cleaned out and dishes shall be done by TENANT. Dishwasher can be left running. TENANT shall leave used linens and towels on the floor in the laundry room.
8. No pets will be allowed on the premises.
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Solitude Lodge is located on 29 beautiful Adirondack Park acres divided by a scenic byway. As a family we enjoy sitting around the fire, hiking , and playing horse shoes on our own property. Some of our favorite things to do in the immediate surrounding area are skiing on Whiteface Mountain, kayaking at Lake Everest Beach, hiking and mountain biking in the new trail system recently created just 1 mile away. There is so much to enjoy!
About the owner: We are a family of 4 with 2 teenage boys. Spending time together means everything to us! We spent years going north to ski at Whiteface Mountain with Grandma and Grandpa. The boys started skiing at The Kids Club at Whiteface when they were 4 years old. Now they are both ski instructors and one is in college. As they say... 'don't blink'. Over time we grew to enjoy sharing all of the seasons and activities this area has to offer with our family and friends. Buying and renovating this home was a dream come true. A real labor of love! Every choice we made was based on preserving the past and creating a future full of new traditions and mental snapshots! We would love to be a part of helping you create memories of your own!
The Unique Benefits at this House:
When you sit on the front porch and have your morning coffee looking at the slopes of Whiteface, or your apres ski beverage looking at the cliffs of Quaker Mountain you will understand how we came up with the name Solitude
- Primary: 518 339 3346 5183393346
Welcome to Solitude Lodge!
The kitchen looking towards the 1/2 bath and laundry room.
Living Room area looking into Dining Room
Bedroom #2 with a queen bed
Bedroom #1 is the Master Bedroom with a king size bed
Looking into Master Bathroom
Solitude Lodge with the cliffs of Quaker Mt. in the background.
Dining room into the Kitchen
Reading Area in Living Room
Part of Bedroom #3 with 2 twin beds and one double (1 twin alcove not shown)
Desk and dresser alcoves in Bedroom #2
Master Bedroom looking towards Master Bathroom
View of Whiteface Mountain from the wrap around porch
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Wednesday, April 26, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.