About the property
- House1800 sqft
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay7 nights
SOLD THIS AND BOUGHT A NEW HOUSE - SEE LISTING 4786079
NOTE: THIS HOUSE IS NOT FOR RENT, we sold this house very recently and purchased a new property in December of 2017 which can be found under listing # 4786079.
I left this listing here so you can get an idea of feedback from past owners that stayed with us (homeaway/vrbo won't allow us to transfer the listing to a new property). The new house is in the process of being updated so the photos are a bit old, but it is a BEACH BLOCK, 4 BR, 3 BA (plus outside shower) with ocean and bay views! Please give me a call with any questions, thank you.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- Calendar last updated:
- May 24, 2018
Why Andrew Botwin chose Ship Bottom
The house will feel comfortable and like a blend between home and the beach. From a cleanliness and maintenance approach, we treat this like our home, not a rental. Please note: We do NOT rent to prom groups or college students. We do NOT allow pets.
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
Comfortable, clean, relaxing
This was the perfect home for our family to share for the week. It's a good size property so we all had space to spread out. Beds were comfortable, furniture in good shape, HUGE kitchen and dining table! With a 2, 4 & 7 year old the toy closet and book shelves were an awesome surprise along with the game cupboard and fun drawers of craft and coloring supplies!! This home is made for family and we loved our week there!!
Great Beach Location on LBI
Great location on LBI, near stores, restaurants, and beach. Is very spacious! Fabulous well stocked kitchen and outdoor BBQ. Oversized dining room table in the kitchen which opens to fabulous deck and is perfect for entertaining. We really enjoyed our stay here and would definitely recommend to friends and family! Thank you, Andrew, for sharing your lovely home with us!
11 Reasons This Place is Amazing for Families!
We absolutely loved our stay at this perfect summer beach house. Right from the moment we walked in, I could see the layout of the home would work well for our two families with 4 small children/babies. Here's what made it fantastic:
1. There were three large bedrooms upstairs with ample space for sleeping, pack and plays, cots, luggage, etc. We never felt cramped.
2. The two bathrooms upstairs were located inside, or right across the way from the bedrooms. There was another 1/2 bath downstairs which made for fast trips for little ones. The outdoor shower in the backyard was clean, and helped eliminate any sand tracked inside.
3. The backyard was extremely spacious and fully fenced—essential for kiddos. We felt comfortable letting them move around and play. There is also a brand new grill in the back.
4. The upstairs deck had a roll out sunshade, that covered nearly the entire area, which was super important for protecting the infants/shielding us from light rain.
5. The inside flight of stairs between floors were carpeted and had two landings, so kids only had 4 -5 steps to navigate at a time (greatly reduced tripping/fall hazard).
6. The kitchen was extremely well stocked with every kind of pot, pan, container and children's plates/utensils/cups and more. No need to bring any of this from home.
7. The front closet was overflowing with toys for the little ones. We put our own toys away and used theirs!
8. The rooms all had TVs with DVD players. We suggest bringing your own DVD (non Blue Ray) movies and shows in case you want a better selection for small children (there are plenty of adult and older kid discs).
9. The King bed in the master bedroom was extremely comfortable!! It's hard to find a king bed in a rental.
10. The beach is a short walk away, maybe 5-7 minutes. The part of the beach we accessed was a "swimming" beach, rather than a surfing beach. Flat sandy bottom. Blissful.
11. The nearby Causeway restaurant is also a liquor store. Super easy runs for more wine!
BONUS: Probably the BEST factor in our stay was the owner, Andrew. He was the most responsive, helpful and friendly owner I have ever rented from during a vacation house rental. He answered a zillion of my questions before the trip, and when the grill didn't function well during our stay, he replaced it immediately.
Andrew, you rock! Thanks for making this an amazing first vacation as a family of four!
Fabulous kid friendly house!
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in this very kid friendly home. It has everything you need located a few blocks away from the beach and plenty of local shops and restaurants. We made unforgettable family memories and will return next year! Thanks CC.
This is a beautiful well maintained house me and my family had the pleasure to stay here for the past week and it was wonderful. Kid friendly ,very clean has everything you need and only 2 blocks from the beach Andrew is a great host who cares for the people renting from him . I hope to be back next summer for 2 weeks because 1 week just is not enough
Clean, spacious house with all accommodations. The kitchen and dinning rooms were wonderful for family dinners. Short walk to the beach. Close to everything. Great place!
Hello. THIS HOUSE IS NOT FOR RENT, this is listed as we have another new one for rent and we wanted to leave this up on the site or you to see the reviews of people that stayed with us in our previous house (which is for this listing).