1 bedroom apartment on Italian Lavenderfarm in Piedmont, Italy
Natascha Di Mario
- english, french, italian, dutch
About Natascha Di Mario
Once upon a time we lived in the city in Belgium and had serious careers (Nicolas was a lawyer, Natascha was a psychologist). Everybody was happy, except us. And you know why? People don't come to a lawyer or a psychologist because they are happy and content; just the opposite. So, every day we were surrounded by negativity and unhappiness and this started to weigh us down. On the other hand, there was the Italian dream Natascha had when she was little. Being half Italian she has always wanted to live in this beautiful country where the skies and the sea are blue instead of grey. And so we started to dream together. To cut a long story short (we'd be happy to tell you the long version in person): We looked for a lifestyle that was the complete opposite from what we knew and went for it. Agriturismo verdita is the end result: a place where people arrive excited because they're on holiday and our job is to make them even more happy. It's a place in 'The middle of nowhere'. There's no traffic or city noise, we're surrounded by green hills where boar and deer roam and where we can breathe in healthy air. If you want to escape the peace and quiet once in a while you can easily reach a larger cities like Genoa or Turin or enjoy the seaside of the Ligurian Flower Riviera. Visiting luxury resorts such as Monaco and Portofino are also possible from here. We never thought it possible but we really found our paradise on earth and hope we can share it with you! Ciao, Natascha & Nicolas
Natascha Di Mario purchased this Apartment in 2007
Why Natascha Di Mario chose Merana
We choose for this house because when we arrived here we immediately heard the silence. All our guests feel the stress just fall away from them upon arriving, that's why we have so many return guests. You can never get enough of the peace and quiet here !
What makes this Apartment unique
This place is perfect for those who want to escape from their busy life and relax to the fullest. We are in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by green hills. But even being in the middle of nowhere, there are a lot of opportunities for trips, to the wine country, the sea, the city... We have a fantastic garden with panoramic jacuzzi, outdoor kitchen en sun deck.
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Possible activities / daytrips
1. Walk the 'Sentiero 575' with the aid of our walking-GPS. This path takes you around the little village of Merana, on the 'calanchi', millions of years old sea dunes.
We can organise a self guided walking holiday for you.
2. Discover the charming Piedmontese cities of Acqui Terme (30 minutes drive from Agriturismo Verdita), Alba (1 hour drive) and Asti (1 hour drive).
3. Enjoy the blue waters, the attractive coastline and beaches of the Italian Riviera, less than an hour away from our Agriturismo.
4. Discover the surrounding Medieval hilltop villages and drive around the countryside.
5. The world famous Barolo and Barbaresco vineyards are a little more than 1 hour away.
6. Piedmont has one of Europe's most elegant old cities in the shape of Turin, a monument to cafe society. You can reach Turin in 1.5 hours.
7. Genoa is another pearl of a city, but completely different and equally interesting because it has the largest medieval quarter in Europe.
8. Virtually every weekend throughout the year, villages hold events and festivals reenacting historical events or celebrating local food and wine.
9. During the right season you can go on a walk with our local truffle hunter. He shows you how his dogs find the best truffles there are.
10. Cooking classes are available for those who want to learn how to make the local dishes. These courses take place in Piana Crixia (10 minute drive) in the restaurant of a typical Ligurian agriturismo.