Charming Historic Farmhouse - 5 Bedrooms/3.5 Baths, Large Porch, Deck & Hot tub
- english, spanish
About Carla Giacomangeli
I am a city dweller with a love of the country side as long as I have the option to get to the city if needed! #over50fabfarmlady Love anything vintage and made in the USA. Love all animals and gardening! Best quote: We don't stop laughing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop laughing!
Carla Giacomangeli purchased this Farmhouse in 2005
Why Carla Giacomangeli chose Boyce
We choose Blue Hill because we feel in love with the house and the beautiful country setting - you can see the mountains and we are surrounded by 36 acres - 5 acres of fields and the rest is wooded and we are close to the Shenandoah River, Middleburg and Winchester. Blue Hill also offers us the opportunity to get away from the city but is close enough to DC that the the drive is relaxing and if we want to do something there are tons of options - so we can just relax and do nothing or we can plan a weekend of fun things to do!
What makes this Farmhouse unique
Blue Hill is a unique home - the words comfy and inviting are the words most often heard from guests!
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Great family vacation
We had such a relaxing time on blue hill farm! Carla was so nice and responsive to all my questions.
Amazing property. My friends and I had a wonderful time staying here. Our dogs did too :)
Spacious, comfortable home for family get together
We had an enjoyable four-day stay for a family reunion/wedding. Carla the owner was very responsive during the booking process up to our arrival with my upfront questions. The house was charming in a lovely setting with ample space for everyone. The hot tub was a hit late at night. You need to bring your own toiletries (shampoos & soap) and we had to go to the market to buy dishwasher pods too which we would expect to be a staple in the house. Overall a great stay and recommend..
We had a large family reunion in Berryville, and this was the perfect accommodations for our part of the family. The house is beautiful, warm, and inviting. It was a fantastic place to spend the weekend. When we come back, we will try to book here if possible.
I should note, there was a problem with the fire alarm that Carla and Mark were incredibly responsive and helpful with. You can't ask for anything more! Thanks to you both!
Blue Hill Farm
For our golfers' weekend that I've organized, we've stayed at 4 different houses in the area, and this is clearly our favorite. We are contemplating setting the date much earlier so we can reserve this house. I like size. I like the privacy, but still being just off a main road. We like the fire pit -- we burned every piece of wood. We liked the large hot tub.
My only complaint was with the hot water. It took forever to heat up before I even considered getting underneath it.
Hi David - Thank you for staying at Blue Hill. I understand the hot water taking a while to warm up. We are looking into options but nothing feasible yet. Carla
Blue Hill Farm
This is a wonderful, fully equiped house.
We couldn't have found a nicer place to have our family reunion for 13. Carla was very responsive to all emails.
Thank you for our special time in the Shenandoah Valley!
Blue Hill is located in beautiful Clarke County an oasis for travelers! Here is a sampling of what you can do and see:
• The Shenandoah River follows lazily along the foot of the Blue Ridge Mountains and provides both great scenic views and an up close experience with nature. The American Bald Eagle, Blue Herons, Deer, Red Tail Hawks and Osprey are just a few of nature’s guardians that rule this special landscape.
• Burwell-Morgan Mill established in 1785
• Long Branch Historic House and Farm
• Blandy Experimental Farm & the State Arboretum of Virginia
• Small Town USA - Berryville
• Veramar Vineyards
• Tour Route 11 Potato Chip
• WILSON'S WILD ANIMAL PARK
• Winchester CiderWorks - hand crafted apple cider
• Family Drive Inn Theater
• The Fire House Gallery
• Watermelon Park for canoeing, tubing, fishing, swimming
• Berryville Main Street Summer Crafts and Farmers Market
• Nalls Farm Market - best apple dumplings!
• Berryville Monastery - try the jams made by the monks
• Dinosaur Land
• Shen-Valley Flea Market
• Carter Hall
• Belle Grove Plantation
• Barns of Rose Hill
• Shenandoah Caverns
• Crystal Caverns
• Endless Caverns
• Great Country Farms
• Blue Ridge Hot Air Ballons
• WWII Fighter Rides
• Front Royal
• Front Royal Canoe Company
• Marker Miller Orchards
• Butler's Farm Market
• Mount Airy Farmer Market
• Bear's Den
• Shenandoah National Park - Front Royal North Entrance only 32 mintues away
• Sky Meadow Park
• Old Town Winchester
• Shenandoah Valley Discovery Museum
• Shenandoah Museum and Gardens
• Eagle Rider Winchester - rent a motorcycle
• The Wagon Wheel Ranch - trail rides
• Royal Horseshoe Farm
• Luray Cavers
• Luray Zoo
• Old Rag Mountain - Shenandoah National Park
• Summit Point Raceway
• The Ashby Inn & Restaurant
• Glen Burnie Estate
• Old Courthouse Civil War Museum
• Shenandoah Valley Discovery Museum
• Museum of the Shenandoah Valley
• Mosby’s Confederacy Tour Half
• Ghosts of Old Town Winchester
• Visit Strasburg, Va - stop by the historic Hotel Strasburg
• Patsy Cline Historic House Winchester
• Locke Modern Country Store Millwood, VA
• Focaccia Italian Grill 15 Crow Street 540-955-9005
• Camino Real Mexican 16 Crow Street 540-955-4730
• The Berryville Grille 9 East Main Street 540-955-4317
• The Cookie Guy 23 Crow Street Berryville, VA 22611
• Fox Pizza 616 E Main Street 540-955-3697 (delivers)
• Red Fox Inn 2 East Washington Street 540-687-6301
• Hidden Horse Tavern 7 West Washington Street 540-687-3828
• Hunter’s Head Tavern 9048 John Mosby Highway 540-592-9020
• Lone Oak Tavern 12696 Lord Fairfax Hwy 540-837-1210
• The Chocolate Bar Restaurant 3111 Valley Avenue 540-535-0010
• Violino Ristorante Italiano 181 North Loudoun St 540-667-8006
• Patsy’s Pastry Pizzas 158 North Loudoun Street 540-545-4150
• Lloyd’s Tropical Island Coffee and Café – Jamaican cuisine & coffee 39 West Picadilly St 540-905-802
• Espresso Bar & Cafe Free WiFi - 165 N Loudoun Street 540-686-7209
Or just relax in the hot tub at Blue Hill and watch monarchs, finches, swallowtails and deer and the occasional wild turkey!