|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
When you book through the VRBO checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
• comfortably sleeps five
• two queen-sized bedrooms & two full baths located on second floor
• child's annex with bed and desk within the "master" bedroom
• three full modern baths; one complete with jacuzzi
• modern kitchen with all new appliances
• adjacent dining area, easily seats six
• snug, light-filled sunroom
• large "salon" perfect for entertaining
• washer and dryer in home
• complimentary WIFI, cable, & telephone service
• spacious backyard on Thornton river - grill out and birdwatch!
• central location in charming village of Sperryville, easy access to shops, dining, etc.
Keywords: historic house, rustic home, cabin, nature, river, hiking, biking, walking, dining, winery, art
The Kisers: Meadow Green Farm & Pamela Kiser Antiques
Local owners John and Pam Kiser live nearby on their beautiful 400 acre Meadow Green Farm, at the foot of Old Rag mountain, where they raise heritage pigs, laying hens and guinea fowl. They sell fresh pork products and eggs from Pamela's ornamental bird and chicken menagerie. The renovated 19th century barn onsite houses Pamela's eclectic collection of antiques. Many of the furnishings in the cabin are sourced from this collection and are for sale.
Pamela is an avid antiques dealer, gardener and a sought after decorator. John, a former businessman, is currently a writer and pig farmer. One of his books, The Monks of Tibhirine, Faith Love and Terror in Algeria, was the basis for the Cannes Film Festival's award-winning film of 2010, "Of Gods and Men" - shown to great critical acclaim in the US.
27 Main dates back to the 1820s. The original part of this rustic, beautiful cabin still displays the original logs and mortar nearly two centuries old and provides the perfect background for the antique furnishings throughout. The house was the home of Pamela's great grandparents and reclaiming it was a labor of love for the Kisers.
This beautifully appointed cabin affords luxurious accommodations in a relaxed atmosphere for the discerning guest. It offers the perfect place for your getaway, and will provide everything you need to relax and truly unwind in a stunning, natural setting, with every convenience at your fingertips.
Our rental experience at 27 Main was excellent. There are no adjectives to describe this unique home. Furnished with priceless antiques, yet still homey and comfortable. Kitchen and bathrooms beautifully updated and equipped. Convenient location for Shenandoah Nat'l Park and Skyline Drive. In downtown Sperryville, walking distance to Hopkins Ordinary Ale House which became our "home away from home", the General Store and several places to grab a bite to eat. We definitely plan on returning as soon as we can!
We loved our experience staying at 27 Main. The owners were friendly and accommodating, and the house is just beautiful! Sperryville is idyllic, and the home is right in the middle of so many activities. We were renting while waiting for our house to close, so staying at 27 Main helped make our transition easy and comfortable. Thank you for a wonderful stay!
Had such a lovely time in this beautifully-decorated and restored home. It was perfect for a girls weekend getaway! The owner greeted us personally, showed us around, and told us about the history of the home. She even put fresh flowers out for us to enjoy in the bedroom. The house is located in direct proximity to all the attractions in historic Sperryville, including the Stonewall Abbey yoga studio (most relaxing yoga class I have ever taken, and I don't usually like yoga), the Hopkins Ordinary Aleworks, Rudy's Pizza, Thornton River Grille, Copper Fox Distillery, Headmaster's Pub, etc. A ten-minute drive to the Thornton Gap Station entrance to the Shenandoah National Park, where we were dazzled by the leaves changing for fall. Great trip, would definitely go back!
Within an easy walk to yoga, galleries, restaurants, a turkish bakery, a micro brewery, antique and specialty shops and a whiskey distillery. Short drive to Luray Caverns, many wineries, the renowned Inn at Little Washington and numerous local eateries, hiking, farmer's markets, local, pastured farm products and nature at it's best!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$500|
check in is at 4pm and check out is at 10am
Monthly/winter rentals are available at a reduced rate in the off season, however, guest will pay utilities. Pets considered on a case by case basis. Pet fee will apply.
1. No smoking permitted in the house.
2. Maximum occupancy is 5 persons.
3. Any person on the property other than the guests listed above, or Owner/Agent, is the sole responsibility of the Guest.
4. Owner is not responsible for ANY accidents, injuries or illnesses that may befall Guest on the premises. Owner is not responsible for the loss of Guest's personal belongings or valuables. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressing and assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premises.
5. Keep the property, including all furnishings and fixtures in good order.
6. Pets are NOT permitted on the premises.
7. Only use appliances for intended use.
8. All drinks that could stain need to stay in the kitchen, please.
9. ANY food items/paper products used by Guest need to be replaced before date of departure.
10. No parties in the house unless approved by owner in advance.
11. Rates are subject to change until reservation is confirmed.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.