About the property
- Cabin2000 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 - 3 nights
Cabin, 3 Bedrooms + Loft, 2 Baths, (Sleeps 8)
This 3 bedroom / 2 bathroom cabin is a perfect for your next vacation with family and friends. Whether you are looking to enjoy the mountain for all it has to offer in the winter or summer this is home. With all the same comforts of most five star hotels, but yet in the privacy of your own cabin surrounded by aspen and pine trees that create the perfect environment. Take a stroll on your wrap around deck while enjoying your morning coffee or maybe an evening beverage and take in all the beauty that nature has to offer. Rest assured whatever your preference you will be happy with what this cabin and Brian Head has to offer while you are in town. Listed below you will see nearby activities and approximate distances, plus amenities offered. We look forward to hosting you during your next visit to Brian Head.
Keywords: Private Cabin
Whispering Pines Lodge
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- Calendar last updated:
- Nov 23, 2017
About Whispering Pines Lodge
Family Time Vacation Rentals specializes in managing privately owned cabins-homes, lodges and condos. We are hands on and live where are properties are located. My wife and I started our business in 2008 after deciding we wanted to give our children the simpler life of living in the country. Our business is built on the concept of providing comfortable lodging to families and individuals who want to feel the comforts of home while away on vacation. With over seven years of experience in the nightly rental business, we consistently work to provide top quality properties at affordable rates. A large percentage of our guests who visit the area and stay with us become repeat customers because they had a great time and have said the accommodations and beautiful landscape of where their vacation home was located were exceptional.
Whispering Pines Lodge purchased this Cabin in 2008
Pool / Spa
Sports & Adventure Activities
Terrible, not as advertised and unsafe.
I not only own and operate a vacation home myself but I also use vacation homes on most family vacations and this was the worst experience I've ever had. I'm not sure where the previous guest stayed giving this property five stars or what "five-star resort" they manager is referring to and equating this property to but this cabin without a doubt is not it.
Pros: close to ski lifts, shopping and restaurants.
(1) No satellite TV (as advertised) or cable, only television upstairs in loft with DVD player and three DVD's.
(2) No Wi-Fi.
(3) Dirty and messy - had to wash all cooking utensils/dishes/cups/pots/pans prior to use prior to use as they were incompletely washed; dust and cobwebs throughout; blankets and comforters on beds appear to be used for repeated guests without washing; couches covered with stains; closets were full of junk and owner’s personal belongings
(4) Not well equipped - no dishwasher; all kitchen supplies mismatched, limited and not sufficient, it appears whatever the owner/manager had left over had no use for they stocked the cabin with (it's ok if it's your personal cabin but not if it's set up as a vacation rental).
(5) Unsafe and not well maintained - multiple space heaters but only two were in working order; the bathroom shower leaking and not working; one functioning smoke detector for a cabin whose primary source of heat is a wood burning stove (bring your own wood as we were told wood is not provided).
(6) Poorly managed - to address issues I attempted to contact manager, Lisa, on day of arrival with no success, it was Christmas Day. The next morning I was able to reach Lisa and after bringing up the issues she offered to look for another property for me (which was unavailable as our stay was between Christmas and New Year’s, I also searched myself) and then told me she would get a hold of Matt (the owner) and get back to me. After not hearing back from Lisa I reached out to her again and informed her that we would be leaving one day early (we would have left sooner had I not prepaid, not refundable, ski camps for four kids) and again she told me she would get a hold of Matt and get back to me. Again, she never did. I've since attempted to contact her multiple times post our stay via phone and text and have received the same answer of I'll talk to Matt and get back to you...I'm still waiting.
The amenities for this listing did have Sat TV listed. The owner removed the Sat TV and we have updated the listing to reflect this. Wifi has never been listed as an amenity. Management was in constant communication with guest during their stay. They would not allow us to address their concerns, dripping shower faucet, testing smoke alarms, etc while at the cabin. We offered to send housekeeping over right away and guest refused. After inspecting the cabin upon departure, to ensure the wall heaters/smoke alarms where working, we found the cabin filthy inside and out. There was no damage by guest just need a lot of cleaning to get it ready for the next guest. Matt did reach out,via phone call, to the guest to address concerns. After no response a follow up email was sent to guest. The guest was refunded for the last night they did not use.
Last Minute Getaway
We had last minute getaway and Matt was very accommodating in getting us set up. The cabin was nice and secluded. We took advantage of the aspen trees and great fire pit. Brian Head was better than expected for a mountain town for restaurants and shops. It was a plus having so much around within a short drive for hiking and lakes for fishing. We will definitely be back!
One small note....the mosquitoes were large and aggressive. Bring strong Deet bug spray and long sleeves.
I am glad you enjoyed your trip and this amazing cabin in the woods.
During the late summer after it rains there can be some mosquitoes, bringing repellent is a good idea regardless where you stay on the mountain.