|Minimum Stay||3 - 5 nights|
When you book through the VRBO checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
West End Haven, with its perfect rental location, is close enough to downtown Crested Butte to enjoy restaurants and galleries, but in a quiet neighborhood next to our winter ski and summer bike trails. Walk to the bus stop just three blocks away! This 4 bedroom, 3 1/2 bath house has a fenced in yard with several mature aspen and pine trees adding a feeling of privacy. Great for summer or winter rentals with space for skis, boots, and jackets in the tiled mudroom and security for mountain bikes under the covered patio in the back of the house. Walk into the luxurious feeling of the first floor with its original Louisiana pine floors, leather couches, slate and wrought iron stairway, stone hearth with gas fireplace, and wooden beams and trim. The comfort of these touches offer elegance and the serenity that is a vacation's promise. Enjoy the ambience of the fireplace and the flatscreen television built into the stone hearth which is surrounded by lovely custom built shelving and decorative art. Read or sip your early morning coffee at the cozy table next to the oversized living room windows or at the beautifully tiled kitchen bar with its unique metal chairs. The spacious, open kitchen is completely tiled with a marble top island and high ceiling cabinetry that accentuate the hardwood flooring. The kitchen's gas stove, two ovens with broiler, and stainless steel cookware allow for pleasant in house meals and dining. An eight person dining room table is placed along the three glass french doors that also line the living room wall and leads to the covered patio. Open all the doors in the summer for breakfast or evening dining! This home is flooded with amazing, natural light with oversized windows in every room.
The first floor master bedroom with its own glass french doors into the private back yard is located off of the living room. A beautiful, wooden king sized bed with elegant bedding, plush carpet, leather chair, and a flatscreen television retain the luxurious ambience of the first floor. A spacious bathroom with dual sinks and tiled and glass shower with dual shower heads completes the master suite.
A slate and wrought iron stairway leads to the second floor bedrooms. A king size room with several large windows and vaulted and beamed ceilings has an armoire with a television and a full, tiled bathroom. A queen room with wrought iron bed frame, more large windows and vaulted ceilings offers barn wood furniture and a television with a tiled bathroom across the hall. Lovely light fixtures decorate the bathroom and all rooms in the house. From the queen room, enter a unique door and step into an almost hidden, but very spacious bedroom with one twin and one queen.
This rental offers so much serenity with its natural lighting, luxurious feel, and privacy. Walk or bike to every part of town and live the true Crested Butte experience from this perfectly located vacation home!
We are happy to provide these amenities at an additional cost:
*Airport Shuttle Service
*In-home massage therapist
*Delivery of fresh groceries
*Daily cleaning services
*Biking, hiking, climbing, fishing, and ski guides
*Mid-stay or daily housekeeping
Keywords: single family, house, home, new, clean, mountain, views
We really enjoyed our stay at the West End Haven. Wonderful home on a large lot with plenty of space. Great location that is close to the shops and restaurants on Elk but far enough away to be quiet and peaceful. Outdoor deck was enjoyed by all.
We had 7 people and everyone was comfortable and also had private space when needed.
CB Property was great to work with and very responsive to requests.
Will come back!
My husband and I stayed at this lovely house in late August, 2015. B/c it was just the two of us, we only used the first floor and master bedroom. The photos are very representative of how the house is (including the 2nd floor, but we didn’t use and is not part of this review). We enjoyed our stay immensely for a variety of reasons in no particular order:
• Very attractive mountain décor (exposed beams, rich leather furniture, stone fireplace, etc.)
• Very comfortable living room to relax and watch TV after a long day of activity.
• Modern updates in all the right places (kitchen appliances, flat-screens, electronics, bathrooms, reliable WiFi, etc.)
• Large, well-laid out kitchen that *seemed* well stocked. (Full disclosure: we didn’t cook while there, but the kitchen seemed to have plenty.)
• Large table for larger group/family (comfortably sit 8, could squeeze in more chairs if needed)
• Tons of storage in the kitchen, master bathroom (including “real” hairdryer – ladies will know what I mean by this) and master closet.
• Excellent water pressure in the master shower.
• Good privacy (b/c of how the house is situated with mature trees/plantings, the house felt very private as we roamed around the first floor and master bedroom, especially at night with the lights on).
• Charming, private back deck/patio with portable firepit and tiki torches.
• Well-maintained landscaping w/ timed sprinkler system.
• Situated on a quiet street (corner of Teocalli and Second Street).
• Great view of Mt. Crested Butte as you enter/leave the house each time.
• Easy walk to Elk Avenue (at least in the summer, never stayed in town during the winter).
While we found the house on VRBO, we actually worked with a property management company – Crested Butte Property Management (www.cbprop.com) – to reserve the property. Tracy is very reliable and easy to work with. While we didn’t meet the on-site property manager, Meghan, she was easily available and responsive via phone and text if we needed her.
I highly recommend this property if you are looking for an authentic in-town experience while in Crested Butte. And I also highly recommend Crested Butte Property Management.
I should note that we have been coming to Crested Butte for quite a few years and have tried everything – from being up at the mountain (ski season) to being in town (summer) and out in the boondocks on acreage (summer). Of all the places we have stayed, this is one of our favorites.
I should note