Country Gentlemen's 220 Acre Estate in the Foothills of Appalachian Mountains(34 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-7 nights
- Property type:Estate
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
7 bedrooms with 3 full baths and 2 ktichens, Sleeps 18-20. See other options
Pond is stocked with large mouth bass and sun fish so bring your fishing poles !
Will consider spring or fall wedding receptions on site.
Area attractions include Stony Brook Park, Swain Ski and Motocross resort, Letchworth state Park & Gorge with waterfalls, Genesee River rafting. See further details for area attr
Guest House: The Guest House is included in this package but can be rented off season as a separate rental. Check owner for availiblility.
It includes 2 spacious bedrooms, large kitchen with eating area and a full bath with shower. New frig. with free standing stove/oven.
King size mattress in bedroom one bedroom with 3 single twin size in the other.
The guest house is above the garage and can be seen from one of pictures off the back of the main house. The back door of the guest house is 1 step off grade and the side door of the house is accessible from the rear porch.
Proximity to attractions: Lechtworth State Park is approx 20 minutes west
Stony Brook State Park (10 minutes away) swimming pool at the end of a series of waterfalls. Large playground with picnic tables
Great fishing at Keeney Swamp State Forest:
Genssee Country Village (over forty 19th century homes) 45 miles away,
Strong Museum of Play in Rochester
Naples, NY wineries 30 miles away,
Nunda Golf courses 15 minute drive,
Dansville Labor Day Balloon festival is a 15 minute drive.,
Swain Ski and Motocross is 8 miles away.
Full size grocery stores are 15 minute away and Wegmans is 17 minutes away in Hornell,
Amazing Taxidermist Museum & store right in town. 8 minutes away,
Slader Creek Park- directly across the street.
Wilson Beef Farm - free range organic meat butcher shop located right in town
Alfred University & Alfred State is a 30 minute drive from our home
Horse-back riding: Horse and pony rides are available within 15 minute drive of the property.
Stoney Creek State Park with playground 10 minutes away
Jenkins Farm Market in Arkport
The abbey of the Genesee Monastery (45 minutes away)
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2010
- 3800 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Events Allowed
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 8 Bedrooms, Sleeps 20, Beds for 20
- kitchen 14'0 x 22'0, family room 11'3 x 20'0, living room 15'0 x 16'0, fireplace room 12'0 x 13'0, piano room 11'0 x 12'0, futon hall 12'0 x 13'0 The main house sleeps 14+ people. Single bed is in separate room with toddler bed directly off of bedroom #3. Baby's crib and Pack & play available Futon is located on large second floor hall along with a twin size trundle bed. sleeper sofa double bed is located in the family room Double bed is located in bedroom #5 Queen size beds are in bedroom 2 & 3 King size bedroom is in master bedroom #1 The guest house is included in the main house rental. It has 2 bedrooms a full kitchen and a full bath. It will sleep 5 people. All beds are newer within the last 2 years. Fresh towels stocked in the main house. Laundry room on 2nd floor across the main bath room in the main house. 2 large picnic tables (10'0 long) are available under our huge 10'0 x 70'0 front porch near the kitchen ent...moreless
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- Hunting is not allowed on premises. The 1,500 acre Slader Creek state forest across the street is ideal for hunting. The spring fed 3/4 acre pond on the hill is perfect for swimming and stocked with fish . We treat the water with barley straw which acts as hydrogen peroxide and keeps the algae to a minimum. The pond has a shallow end for kids with an 18 ft deep end for snorkeling. There is a nice size sandy beach with a dock and seating for 8 people. We have plenty of sand toys for the kids to use on the beach. Bring your own beach towels! 6 passenger Polaris Ranger Crew ATV is available to rent for $300 a week. A great vehicle to get around the property. No other ATV's allowed on property! We have lots of board games & outdoor games including horse shoes and an outdoor camp fire spot. 5 child swing-set just installed. This property is secluded from large farms, thus no worries about breathing animal odors. Come and enjoy the fresh air in the hills! High-speed Internet access installe...moreless
- Books For Adults
- Books For Kids
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Game Room
- Games For Kids
- Ping Pong Table
- Away From It All
- Autumn Foliage
- Recreation Center
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Mountain View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Cross Country Skiing
- Equestrian Events
- Freshwater Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Ice Skating
- Roller Blading
- Ski Privileges Optional
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Air Conditioning
- Alarm Clock
- Basic Soaps
- Broadband Access:
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer
- Filtered Water
- Free Long Distance:
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Paper Towels
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Beach Chairs
- Child's Swing
- Deck / Patio
- Golf Clubs
- Inflatable Boat
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Grill Gas
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
winter/check for holiday rates
Jan 4 - Mar 13, 2017
2 night min stay
March & April only
Mar 18 - Apr 30, 2017
2 night min stay
Jun 10 - Sep 2, 2017
7 night min stay
Changeover Day: Saturday
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $400
- Cleaning $125
- Taxes Not included
twenty percent down (of total) to hold rental with the balance due 45 days before arrival
Credit cards are welcomed. Internet access just added as of 12/10/2011
Guest House can be rented separately in the offseason from the main house. It has a full kitchen, 2 bedrooms and full bath. Sleeps 4-5.
I do not rent to teenagers, must be 28 years of age and prove it.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 2009
About the owner: Self-employed businessman & married man of 37 years. Father of 4 daughters and grandfather of 7 gandchildren. Enjoying the best years of my life with my family and friends. Thank You Jesus !
Why the Owner Chose Canaseraga, NY, USA:
I bought this beautiful homesite for a retreat destination for my children and grandchildren to enjoy for years to come. The swimming, hiking and farming is has been a great gift to us and hopefully something you too can share with your family.
- Primary: + (716) 310-6120 9:00 am to 6:00 pm EST
- Secondary: +1 716 689-7971 9:00 am to 5:00 pm EST
Links to more information:
Big enough for your family Reunion !
Great house for family and friends
Back side of house and Guest house, nestled in the hills
spacious kitchen directly off the porch and steps from the picnic tables
Bedroom #1 master with king size bed 13'6 x 27'0
Bedroom #2 with Queen size bed 14'0 x 15'0
1st floor bath with tub-shower in the back ground
2nd floor shared main bath
Beautiful vistas everywhere, come and explore nature at it's finest
wooded camp area filled with Oak and Hickory trees
Guest House from the back porch
Letch worth State Park, the Grand Canyon of the east
swing-set for the kiddies with an ATV for the adults
This could be your private resort for the week.
recently remodeled kitchen Dec. 2014
Living Room 15'0 x 16'0
Bedroom # 3 with Queen size bed 12'0 x 14'0
PULL-OUT SOFA BED IN FAMILY ROOM
KING SIZE BED IN GUEST HOUSE 13'0 X 13'0
SITTING ROOM WITH WOOD STOVE, PIANO ROOM IN BACKGROUND
This place is massive, be sure to include the ATV rental
sandy beach, paddle boat, beach house and plenty of sand toys for the kiddies
Stony Brook Park 10 minutes away
Swain ski resort 10 minutes away
This listing was first published here in 2010.
Date last modified - Saturday, January 21, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.