Condo, 3 Bedrooms + Other (See Description), 3.5 Baths, (Sleeps 10)
- english, german, swedish, danish, norwegian
About Tony Blixt
Hi! I am Tony. When I'm not traveling for business, I live in Atlanta, GA . I love the ocean and everything associated with it. I bought the condo at Turquoise Place in 2011 and can't tell you how happy I am to have made that choice. The resort itself is fabulous and the Orange Beach/Gulf Shores are has all the amenities and recreational activities you possibly could ask for during a beach vacation. I and my family love it here and we are sure you will love it too.
Tony Blixt purchased this Condo in 2011
Why Tony Blixt chose Orange Beach
Located within a reasonable driving distance from our main home in GA, Orange Beach is for us a perfect vacation spot. The white beaches are perfect, the surroundings are clean and feel less exploited than many places in Florida. The property itself, Turquoise Place, is by far the most luxurious we have come across in the gulf coast region.
What makes this Condo unique
Some features offered by us at Turquoise Place: 3-minute walk to the ocean, outdoor salt water pool, 450 ft lazy river where you can float the day away, large salt water indoor pool with underwater stereo, two indoor hot tubs, sauna, steam rooms, ocean front state-of the-art fitness center, in-room spa service, pool side tiki bar & grill, personal chef service, lighted tennis courts, and complimentary DVD rental. Turquoise Place is located within 5 minutes from a shopping center hosting Publix, Walmart and other stores. A Tanger outlet mall is located about 15 minutes away, in Foley AL. There are several good restaurants within a convenient distance from the property. L
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
We had a wonderful stay. It was convenient to everything.
This was absolutely the best condo we have ever stayed in!!! The pictures don’t do it justice. When I called about Cynthia about how the bed squeaked on one side, she immediately got new box springs for it. She is absolutely the best!! We will definitely be staying at this condo again!! Thank you again Tony for a fabulous vacation getaway!!
Great place! Nicest resort we’ve been too! Amazing vacation!!
This property is breathtaking! Absolutely stunning! Spent more time in the condo than ever.
Being on the 5th floor is perfect! Not too low and not too high. Beautiful ocean views. Having the hot tub and grill on the balcony were perfect and we used each frequently. We cooked in the condo quite a bit (would recommend getting a few rubber spatulas and wooden spoons). We arrived at Turquoise early on our day of check-in and were intending to park and go on out to the beach while I unit was being prepared. Security wouldn't let us park until our check-in time of 3 o'clock. I called Cynthia and she corrected the situation immediately so we got to enjoy a day on the beach while our unit was being cleaned. Thank you to Cynthia!!! The condo is huge. The 5 of us were never, ever on top of each other. Having the 4 roll-away beds would be great for additional guests. We totally loved EVERYTHING about this unit. It's PERFECT and I hope to return.
Over promised under deliver
This rental receives three stars strictly on the decor. The customer service is summed up as... "Overpromise and under deliver."
1. The unit's decor is nice, pleasant and clean. It is on the 5th floor.
2. However, the patio door would not lock at all. This is a very frightening thing with small children and detracted from our vacation as we weren't able to relax at all. Cynthia the contact person for questions/issues with the condo said she would have someone fix it the next morning. However, after exchanging several text messages back and forth about whether or not the technician for the door showed up I was just frustrated about dealing with service issues on my vacation. I mean I don't want to spend my time dealing with maintenance issues and waiting around for maintenance men. Cynthia said she would have liked to be there when the tech came but she had a cold and didn't want to infect us. So I told her to cancel the tech and we will just deal with the door not being able to lock. She said she would cancel the request. However, 10 minutes later the tech showed up to fix the door. We waited around for him to fix it and it remained fixed for a few hours and then didn't lock again. Talk about frustrating.
3. When I called Cynthia prior to our stay to determine what we need to bring. She said toilet paper, paper towels and toiletry. She did not mention trash bags. I made her aware of this politely and she sweetly responded that she would have housekeeping come the next morning to drop off trash bags. No one showed up with any trash bags.
4. Cynthia also told me that she would have a welcome basket with wine in it when we arrived. There was no welcome basket.
5. When I called Cynthia to tell her that we would be arriving a little later she told me that some lightbulbs were out in the unit and that she would have to come in and replace them. I thought this was strange as that should have been taken care of before our stay. Not sure if it was a ploy to "check out the renters" or if it was complete lack of organization and proper management. I mean those types of issues like changing a light bulb should be taken care of before our arrival especially since we were coming in later that evening. However, no one ever came during our stay to change the lightbulbs. In summary, nice unit. Very poor customer service. Over promised, under delivered.
Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you found the unit to be nice.
Under normal circumstances. I would not address specific comments from our guests, as I believe those should have a chance to speak for themselves.
In this particular case, however, I find the comments regarding our hardworking concierge to be both misdirected and downright inaccurate. I therefore feel I have no other choice but to address them:
1. When getting the call about the faulty lock on the sliding balcony door, we immediately called the repair company to get the issue addressed. That their first attempt of repair failed can hardly be blamed on the concierge. At the request of our guest we then held off completing the repair until after their departure. The lock has now been fixed.
2. Our standard household welcome kit includes two tall kitchen bags. This was also the case here.
3. Since the guests indeed did come in late, we had time to replace the light bulbs before their arrival to the unit. I do not believe this qualifies as complete lack of organization and proper management. Nor does it constitute a ploy to "check out the renters".
As a special arrival gift to our guests, we provide a basket of snacks and other goodies. If for some reason this is not there on arrival, we would encourage arriving guests to contact our concierge. She will be happy to immediately arrange delivery of the items.
This condo was amazing! So spacious and clean! We definitely look forward to coming back some day! Not a single bad thing to say about this place. The minute we walked into the condo we were blown away-it was beautiful!! Cynthia was the nicest to communicate with and we even got a cute welcome basket full of goodies. Thank you for making our vacation perfect!!