Welcome to “ORCHID” HILO VACATION RENTAL HOME:
See all my homes at www.hilovacationhomes.com.
Located on the same side of the street as the ocean (NOT across the street from the ocean), the Orchid cottage has limited views and easy access to the whitewater coastline. Walk along the coast in either direction or fish from the cliffs. Soothing sounds of the waves crashing along the shoreline can be heard day and night. This spacious 1-bedroom 1-bath house is an affordable accommodation for an individual or couple who wants to be near the ocean. The house has a fold out couch and a day bed with twin mattress for additional guests.
Very clean and exceptionally well appointed. Kitchen, full-sized washer/dryer, high speed internet (WiFi). TV viewing option include Amazon Prime, Netflix and the better cable alternative, Sling TV.
Click on the "Video" tab for video walk through of house.
The Orchid house is located south of Hilo town. Just 25 minutes to central Hilo. An easy 35 minutes drive to the Volcanoes National Park. Close to Big Island Hawaii guest activities and the warm pond swimming area (about 15 minutes by car). Approximately 25 minutes drive to Hilo swimming, snorkeling, and surfing beaches - Richardson's Beach park.
Near Downtown Hilo yet it feels like a secluded Hawaiian town. Just minutes from beautiful Pahoa and on the way to the Kalapana Lava viewing area and other Pahoa sights (Champagne ponds, Ahalanui Beach Park - Warm ponds, Maku'u farmers market). Same distance to Volcano National Park as Hilo.
Please visit my dedicated website at www.hilovacationhomes.com. The Hilo Activities tab has the best organized overview of the many activities in and around Hilo organized by driving direction.
Not sure which house is best for you, simply call me at (818) 357-6889.
Vacation Rental Highlights:
• Large, 900 sq. ft. guest house with separate step down bedroom. The sofa is a fold out bed in addition to a day bed with a twin mattress.
• 12 miles from Downtown Hilo.
• Walk to rear portion of the property for amazing sunrises and ocean views. Whale watching during the winter months. Chairs available at the house to bring back to the edge of the property.
• Live in a community of Hawaiian residents and learn why so many people decide to retire in this area.
• Why settle for a house away from the water? This house rents for the price of a hotel, but includes a complete kitchen and washer/dryer.
• Often rented for long term stays, the house is private with little traffic on the street in front and an unused garage separating this house and the main house.
• House is completely stocked. Everything you need for cooking, plenty of towels, soap, shampoo, hair dryers. Ironing board/Iron, playpen, highchair and Cable Wifi, Netflix and Sling TV.
• Living Room – Large couch and day bed for plenty of seating. Couch folds out into queen size bed if your party is larger than 2. Flat screen T.V. with Amazon Fire controller. This as Amazon Prime and Netflix for a huge selection of prior shows and movies. For current shows and sports, the better cable alternative Sling T.V. offers all the usual cable stations in a slick user interface.
Small selection of books and games for the evening.
• Kitchen – Everything you need. Coffee maker, blender, toaster, rice cooker, pots/pans. Lots of cooking tools. Large oven/range.
• Master Bedroom – Very large, step down separate bedroom with King size mattress. premium sheets, nightstand, dresser, clock and ceiling fan. Sliding glass door to outside porch and limited view to ocean.
• Bathroom: Single bathroom near front door in living room. Bath towels, hand towels and wash cloths, hair dryer, shampoo and soap provided.
There is more to do in and around Hilo than any town on any of the Islands. It just isn’t well advertised because there aren’t resorts to promote the area. Please visit http://hilovacationhomes.com/hilo-activities/ for the best organized site - showing activities by driving direction.
• Waterfalls - Boiling Pots, Rainbow Falls, Akaka Falls, Waipi’o Valley
• Gardens – Hawaiian Botanical Gardens, Lili’uokalani Park and Gardens, Nani Mau Gardens, Akatsuka Orchid Gardens.
• Museums – Lyman’s historical and geological museum and The Tsunami museum. Both in downtown Hilo.
• Beach Parks – Richardson’s Beach Park, Onekahakaha Beach Park (the calmest), Carlsmith Beach Park, Reed’s Bay, Lehia Park. Punalu’u Beach Park and Whittington Park.
• Volcanic sights: Volcano National Park, Thurston lava tube, Kaumana Caves State Park, Pahoa transfer station, Live lava bike/hike tours in Kalipana Viewing area.
• Markets and shops: Hilo Farmer’s Market, Maku’u Farmer’s Market, Hilo Coffee Mill, Ka’u Coffee Mill, Volcano Winery and Mehana Brewery, Hilo Candy Company, Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut and Punalu’u Bake Shop
• Other – Hilo Zoo, Palace Theatre
• Shop large stores for all your supplies. Just a quarter mile above the Hilo airport is a Walmart, Target, newer Safeway, mall with modern movie theater and cute stores.
• Looking for familiar fast food? In the same area is a Burger King, Panda Express and Starbucks. Just up the street on the north side is a Subway, Jack in the Box, McDonalds and Domino’s Pizza.