Chelem Beachfront Via Del Sol Villa with Balcony, Pool, Waterfall, Palapa, Grill(10 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
2 bedrooms, 2 baths, 2 sleeper sofas, sleeps 6+
Route to the Sun Villa combines modern convenience with the charm of the Yucatan. Suitable for nonsmoking singles, couples, or families, the ground floor of our villa features a fully-equipped kitchen/dining area, spacious livingroom with convertible sofa, Mexican-inspired bathroom with generous shower space, and a bedroom with queen-sized bed. You'll love the privacy and spaciousness afforded by the upper floor, which is dedicated solely to a master suite with king-sized bed and seating area, bathroom with terrarium shower, and a full balcony overlooking the pool, palapa and beach. The Canadian owners live onsite.
Area Attractions: Exploring? Travel to one of the many nearby attractions such as haciendas, cenotes (underground rivers with crystal clear water for swimming), Mayan ruins, or a flamingo lookout.
Nightlife? Although our immediate area tends to be (mostly) quiet, a few restaurants in Chelem offer special events from time to time including karaoke, big screen viewing of sports, and other special events. You'll want to visit Merida on a Saturday night, when the streets are closed to vehicles, and the restaurants put tables and entertainment out-of-doors. You'll often see traditional dancers.
The city of Merida also boasts many familiar shopping and restaurant chains including Home Depot, Costco, Wal-Mart, TGI Friday's, Burger King, KFC and Chilis. Or relax in a recliner in the VIP room of a movie theatre, and be served by a waiter as you watch the movie of your choice, in English. Visit the Gallerias shopping mall and go ice skating on their indoor rink.
Shopping & More: Like to shop? The port of Progreso is located only 15 minutes away by car, and features a traditional mercado (market) where you can purchase fresh produce, meats, fish, and clothing. On days when the cruise ships are in, the square immediately across from the mercado boasts a lively shopping area with stalls operated by vendors from throughout the Yucatan. Here you can find traditional and modern clothing, silver jewelry, carvings and many other items for the souvenir seeker. Or take a 45-minute bus ride from Progreso to the City of Merida where, on Sundays in the main square (less than 3 blocks from the bus station), you will find a profusion of goods at very reasonable prices. On the way back through Chelem, stop at one of the many stalls set up by the roadside and purchase 'pay de coco' (coconut pie) or 'cremitas de coco' (coconut pudding topped with cinnamon ~ our family's personal favorite).
Member since: 2011
- 1100 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 8
- Events Allowed
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Car Optional
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Suitable For Elderly Or Infirm
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 4-8
- The high-ceilinged Master Suite encompasses the entire second floor of the villa, and includes a cozy seating nook with sofabed and reading lamp, and plenty of armoire and shelf space for your clothing. Individually controlled wall-mounted reading lamps, bedside tables, and a clock radio are provided. Three large ceiling fans ensure your comfort. Sliding double doors lead to a full-width balcony overlooking the pool, palapa, yard and the gulf. You'll enjoy spectacular sunrise views. Stargazing may become a favorite activity, as the nights here are very clear. The main floor bedroom includes ample hanging, shelf and drawer space. Windows on 3 sides complement the high ceiling with large fan to allow plenty cross-ventilation. Both bedrooms include two sets of linens and one bed covering (quilt or comforter)....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Immerse yourself in your surroundings while showering in the ensuite bath off the Master Suite ~ a glassed terrarrium adjoining the shower allows maximum light while maintaining your privacy. The main bath is decorated with Mexican flair, and is accessible from two rooms. You'll love the oversized shower with rainforest showerhead. Each bath is equipped with 4 bath towels and 4 washcloths. A blow dryer is provided in the Master Ensuite bath. A double outdoor shower is located on the grounds adjacent to the palapa/grill area....moreless
- Credit cards are accepted via paypal. A 4% premium applies. A rental deposit of $200 USD is due at the time of booking. This deposit is nonrefundable and applied toward the rental fees. Rental of the owner's personal vehicle is available by the day or week with a valid driver's licence. Please ask for details. Air conditioning, while generally not needed, is available in both bedrooms if desired. An additional charge applies. Housekeeping services are provided pre-and post-stay. Additional housekeeping services can be arranged on a per-visit basis. Cancellation Policy: The initial $200 is non-refundable. If you wish to cancel your reservation, the remaining deposit will be refunded as follows: 100% if cancelled 60 days or more prior to the Check-in date, 50% if cancelled 30-59 days prior to the Check-in date, 0% if less than 30 days prior to Check-in date.....moreless
- DVD Player
- Video Library
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Water Parks
Local Services & Businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Beach View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Dining Area
- Seating for 8 people
- Activities Guide
- Air Conditioning:
- Alarm Clock
- Bottled Water
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Local Activities Guide
- Mobile Phone:
- Paper Towels
- Parking Off Street
- Parking On Street
- Sofa Bed
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Beach Towels
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
- Small Cooler
- Walkway To Water
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool:
- Heated Pool
- Outdoor Pool
- Housekeeper Optional
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Apr 18 - Jun 30, 2017
7 night min stay
Jul 1 - Sep 1, 2017
7 night min stay
My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $146.36
- Taxes Not included
Air conditioning, if desired, is $75 additional per a/c unit per week.
Credit cards are also accepted through PayPal. A 4% surcharge applies. We also accept direct funds transfers, Interac e-transfers (Canadians only) and Cash. (Cash payments in MXN pesos will be subject to the exchange rate posted on xe.com on the date of payment).
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
We are located directly on the beach, midway between the small fishing villages of Chelem and Chuburna, 15 minutes' drive from the city of Progreso, a cruise ship port with many restaurants along its bustling boardwalk (the 'malecon'). A short drive will take you to the city of Merida, where traditional culture and architecture meet with modern shops, hospitals, restaurants, cinemas and even an indoor ice-skating rink.
Our villa is designed for quiet relaxation in a safe and friendly enviroment. Although some Canadians, Americans and Europeans have chosen to make Chelem their home, this is not a traditional tourist area. If you want to experience the real Yucatan, but with modern amenities within reach, you'll enjoy what Route to the Sun Villa has to offer.
Other Activities: dolphin watching, flamingo watching
Master Suite Sleeping Area with King bed and Balcony
Your villa in the early evening
Your door to the pool, palapa and sandy beach
Via del Sol Villa, far right, is located immediately behind the pool.
Additional Dining Seating for 2 at Bar
Kitchen Features a Range with Oven, along with a modern refrigerator
Main Floor Bedroom with Queen Bed
Relax on the Upper Terrace
Pool is steps from your front door
View of front yard
Your beach, looking west
Doorway to your private balcony
Your villa, as viewed from ground level across the pool
Streetside View of Via del Sol Villa with gated entrance & parking.
Dining Area seats 6 at table, with 2 additional seats at bar
Kitchen area is fully equipped. 4-burner stove/oven not pictured.
One corner of your spacious living room
Main floor bath with spacious shower
Shower Area in Upper Ensuite Bath
Ocean View from Balcony
Your beach, looking east
One of your spectacular sunsets, as viewed when standing on the beach
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Wednesday, May 24, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.