Sleeps 1 to 32, Bachelor Parties, Family Reunions, Etc. Centrally Located to All(21 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3-4 nights
- Property type:Guest House
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
House: 10 Beds, 4 Futons, 2 Lofts. 7 Baths Sleeps 32-Max. 1 Block to Bourbon St.
The Kerlerec House is located one short block from the French Quarter and one block from world famous Bourbon Street. It is located at the center of all that New Orleans has to offer, the local scene on Frenchman Street, as well as all of the amazing tourist attractions. You will be staying just a short walk from some of the most famous restaurants in the world. Experience New Orleans day or night as a local would in one of the oldest neighborhoods in the city, or enjoy 1 of our 3 Lush Court Yards. You can rent our entire Property for only $1,500.00 to $1,900.00 (depending on season & special events) For the utmost in privacy and comfort.
History of property.: Experience all of wonderful New Orleans while staying in one of the oldest Creole Cottages in the city. This home was built circa. 1808 and has some of the finest examples of architecture and details fashionable in the late 1700’s and early 1800’s. You will be staying one short block from the French Quarter and one block from Bourbon Street. Our cottage is luxuriously furnished and elegantly decorated, having antiques from the mid to late 1800’s.
THE HISTORY OF THIS AMAZING HOME
This elegantly decorated Creole Cottage built, “of columbage and bricked between post” circa. 1808, is one of the rarest examples of early Creole cottage architecture remaining to date. This home is in the first subdivision of New Orleans named Faubourg Marigny. The plantation was subdivided in March 16 1806. This home retains almost all of its original architectural features including; its rare Ram’s horn hinges and original latches on the French glass doors.
More history of property.: There are also very outstanding long latches which were used to open and close the doors. The ceilings are original and are “dressed and beaded” which are rare to find intact to day. The mantels are the most distinguishing interior elements in Creole domestic architecture. Two of the mantels are box mantels in the style dating from the late 1700’s to 1810 with columns supporting a frieze having strong horizontal moldings. The floors are beautiful large plank and the original moldings are intact. This property was sold to one of the first women of color to purchase property in the United States. Madame Magdalene Baure’ purchased three lots which now form the sites of 1426 and 1434 Burgundy and of 928, 930 and 934 Kerlerec. This property now has 4 other cottages, two of which were believed to be very early barge board cottages from the early 1800’s most likely moved here at a later date.
Rental polices: Deposit & Cancellation Policy;
Prices are subject to Change Until the Deposit is received.
50% Deposit required upon booking, Bookings are only confirmed when the deposit is received and approved by our Credit Card Prioress or a Pay-paw is deposited.
Rates Vary with Out Notice prior to receiving the Deposit.
Balance required 15 days prior to arrival.
Balance required 90 days prior to arrival during 'Special Events'
Cancellation 30 days prior to arrival, & 90 day for Special Events.
* 30 Days notice required for 50% refund of deposit (minus 4% fee).
* Less than 30 days notice, no refund.
* 90 days notice required for Refund during 'Special Events' and Holidays.
* Force Majeure Event.
* 4% processing fee retained for all cancellations.
Cancellation refunds may take up to 30 days to process.
“Special event” dates include, but are not limited to: New Year, Sugar Bowl, Super Bowl, Final Four, Mardi Gras, French Quarter Fest, Easter, St. Patrick’s Day, Jazz Fest (last weekend of April and first weekend of May), July 4th (Essence Festival), Labor Day, Southern Decadence.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Verify your payment method
Member since: 2004
- 2 story
- 4800 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 32
- Events Allowed
- Guest House
- Guest House
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Suitable For Elderly Or Infirm
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 8 Bedrooms, Sleeps 32, Beds for 16-32
- Sleeps 1 to 32 Guest, Excellent for Large Groups such as; Bachelor Party's & B-Ette, (with a Double Parlor & Hot Tub, Excellent for Private Entertainment call or e-mail for recommendations for private Entertainment, Bars, S-Clubs) Rent the Entire Property for Ultimate Privacy. Wedding Party's, Family Reunions, Collage Reunions, Office Retreats, Anniversary Party's. Also the Formal Double Parlor, Dining Room, Large Kitchen Excellent for Group Dining as well as 4 other Antique Dining Tables, e-mail us for recommendations for any of your needs. Experience all of wonders of New Orleans for only $95.00 to $1,800.00 per night, This home was built circa. 1808 and has the finest examples of architecture and details fashionable in the late 1700’s and early 1800’s. You will be staying 1 short block from the French Quarter & 1 block from Bourbon & Frenchman St. Our Home & Cottages are luxuriously furnished and elegantly decorated, Antiques, Refrigerator, Ice makers, Dishwashers, Glassware...moreless
Bathrooms: 8 Bathrooms
- The main house as well as the other apartments have a tub and shower except for the Garden Cottage which has a stand alone shower. All bathrooms have; towels, washcloths, hand towels as well as toiletries. There is a Shared 8 person Hot Tub in the back Court Yard with a total of 3 Lush and private Court Yards. You have all the amenities of home provided as well as privacy (maid services not provided)....moreless
- More Amenities Than Most Hotels and all the amenities of home - Each private apartment has all the creature comforts of a hotel and more, but with more amenities, as most of our apartments have a fully-equipped kitchen, antique dining tables. spacious seating areas. The Main House has a 42' Plasma flat screen TV. The Mardi Gras apt. has a 32' Plasma flat screen TV. Unlimited, free local telephone calls, and a stereo system, cable TV, DVD & VCR. Each guest also has access to our Hot Tub and fabulous courtyards for the kind of relaxing you'll find only at our New Orleans getaway. The Kerlerec House is owned by Scott Thompson & Scott Wells. Ask for Scott Thompson Property Manager. Be sure to enjoy our lush courtyards and hot tub. All of the suites have a Microwave, Refrigerator (3 have Ice Makers), Toaster, Coffee maker, Wine, Martini, Champagne glasses as well as High Ball, Low Ball, Juice, glasses....moreless
- Satellite / Cable:
- Tourist Attractions
- Botanical Garden
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Theme Parks
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- Outlet Shopping
- Paddle Boating
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Pier Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Activities Guide
- Air Conditioning:
- Alarm Clock
- Basic Soaps
- Broadband Access:
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Paper Towels
- Parking On Street
- Sofa Bed
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Wireless Internet:
- 4 Ring Stove
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Ice Maker
6, The Main House, Mardi Gras apt., French Quarter apt. has Ice maker, Dishwasher, Stove/Range, Garden Cottage has a full Kitchen, Crows Nest & Jazz Club have Kitchenette, Refrigerator, all have Microwave, Coffee Maker, Toaster, Etc....moreless
- Deck / Patio:
- Lanai / Gazebo:
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Grill Gas
- Porch / Veranda
- Unscreened Porch / Veranda
- Wood Deck
Pool / Spa
- Housekeeper Optional
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Feb 9 - Feb 15, 2018
4 night min stay
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Cleaning Fee Entire Property $250
- Pet Fee $300
- Property Damage Protection $59
- Refundable Damage Deposit $1,000
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Car: Not Necessary
Sleeps 1 to 32, Bachelor & Bachelorette Parties, Family Reunions, Etc. The Kerlerec House is conveniently located one short block from the French Quarter and only one block from world famous Bourbon Street. It is located at the center of all New Orleans has to offer, the local scene on Frenchman Street, as well as all the amazing tourist attractions. You will be staying just a short walk to some of the most famous restaurants in the world. Experience New Orleans day or night as a local would in one of the oldest neighborhoods in the city. Enjoy three wonderfully lush courtyards and other sitting areas or relax in our Jacuzzi hot tub.
Other Activities: Audobon; Aquarium, Isectarium, Zoo & Park. Carriage rides, Tours; Historic homes, Cemetary, Ghost, Vampire, Haunted history, Swamp, Plantation.
Year Purchased: 2003
About the owner: My partner and I have owned Guest House property in New Orleans since year 2000. I have strived to provide you with a wonderfully Comfortable, Luxurious, Elegantly Decorated & private space to stay. We also pride ourselves in providing as many amenities as possible as well as all the comforts of home. We also will do our best to assist in anyway possible to advise or help you with your trip to the Big Easy. Thank You, Scott Thompson Owner/Manager
Why the Owner Chose Faubourg Marigny, New Orleans, LA, USA:
Living in Nashville TN we decided we Loved New Orleans so much that we could not stay away. Renting Hotels or an Apartment once a Month was not working. So we bought our first Guest House in year 2000 in the 2300 block of Royal Street. We then decided that we very much enjoyed the experience of owning a guest house. So when the opportunity to Purchase The Kerlerec House in early 2004 arose we did so, and never looked back. Not to say that Katrina did not give us a major tail spin. But we persevered and looked ahead. There are regular guests that have been staying at The Kerlerec Guest House since 1998 and come every year for Jazz Fest as well as for other events. These people are the reason that we love the ownership of our Guest House.
- Primary: +1 5049066270 Contact, Trinna Thompson or Scott Thompson
- Secondary: +1 5049051643 Bachelor Parties Call Scott for Bookings, Events
- Tertiary: +1 5043163801 Check-in contact, Trinna Thompson
Parlor/Main House Livingroom
Sitting area Mardi Gras
Bed Up Stairs
Bedroom Main House
Bedroom Garden Cottage
French Quarter Living space
Bedroom Mardi Gras
Mardi Gras Apt.
Main House, Master bedroom
Bedroom Mardi Gras
Bed Up Stairs bedroom 2
French Quarter King Size bedroom
Main House Diningroom
This listing was first published here in 2004.
Date last modified - Wednesday, March 29, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.