• Mountain cabin, cozy & well maintained with dramatic views of Scott Peak and Alpine Meadows ski area from all rooms. Available summer and fall only. Not available in winter--please, no ski lease inquiries.
• Master suite with bath + 2 other bedrooms
• Dining table seats eight (find 2 extra chairs downstairs)
• Sunny deck with gas BBQ
• Recently updated flat screen TV, expanded cable, DVD/VCR player, stereo, selection of DVD movies and music CDs. No Wi-Fi, unfortunately. See detailed description for more info.
• Convenient access from main road with ample parking (room for at least five cars/boat parking)
• 1 mile from Alpine Meadows ski area, to Tahoe City and Lake Tahoe, to Truckee
• Please check calendar for availability for summer/fall rental (May through November). The cabin is NOT available for rental during the winter season-please, NO ski rental inquiries.
• Bright, airy spaces are enhanced by a soaring, convex ceiling showcasing rugged Scott Peak on quarter acre of land. The cabin is has about 1,300 square feet of living space.
• Upper level: Living room, dining room and kitchen, 1 full bathroom, washer/dryer. Lower level: 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms (master suite with attached bath)
• Perfect for 2 or 3 couples (sleeps 6).
• Located on Alpine Meadows road, from Alpine Meadows ski area, just steps from the popular Five Lakes Trail trail-head, to Tahoe City and Lake Tahoe, to Truckee
• A car is generally necessary, though public transportation on TART bus available at junction of Alpine Meadows Rd and Highway 89.
Master bedroom & bath highlights:
The master bedroom features a Queen Size Select Control air bed with dual controls, heated mattress pad, 2 side tables & 2 lamps. All beds are fitted with quilts. Enjoy the view of Alpine Meadows and Scott Peak view (from all 3 bedrooms)
The en-suite bath (attached to master bedroom) features a full-size stand up shower (glass enclosed), a deep soaking tub, vanity and window. Hair dryer provided.
2nd bedroom highlights:
This bedroom features a Queen Size bed with heated mattress pad, 2 side tables & 2 lamps, closet, dresser and luggage rack. This bedroom is the same size as the master bedroom.
3rd bedroom highlights:
This bedroom is smaller than the other two bedrooms and features a comfortable double bed with a side table & lamp, closet and luggage rack.
• Soaring convex ceiling swoops from 10 to 12 feet to showcase the magnificent mountain view, including Alpine Meadows and the jagged tip of Scott Peak
• Wood stove pumps out welcome heat in the winter with ample wood supply
• Well stocked kitchen
• High glass panels in living/dining area lets the light shine in all day long
• Sunny deck with gas BBQ, outdoor dining for four and a lounge chair
We like to cook so this kitchen is fully equipped with appliances: large refrigerator, stove, microwave, dishwasher, coffee-maker, toaster, blender (with food processor attachment), and garbage disposal. Ample dishes, glassware, cutlery, pots and pans, baking supplies and spices are available.
Living room highlights:
The living room offers eight foot couch, six foot love-seat and rocking chair. Flat screen TV, expanded cable with ESPN, DVD/VCR and stereo available.
Dining area highlights:
Gather the family around for a meal at the table that seats eight.
The bedrooms are not accessible to wheelchairs due to all three of the bedrooms being located downstairs. However, the upstairs is fully accessible to wheelchairs, walkers, etc. There is a level wooden walkway that leads from the street to the main floor, which contains the kitchen, dining area, living area, deck and 1 full bathroom (though the bathroom is small). I have a friend in an electric wheelchair and she can access the upper floor with no problem.
• River Ranch offers full service bar and restaurant- located at junction of Alpine Meadows Rd and Hwy 89, from cabin
• Crest Café offers casual lunches, dinners and après-skiing happy hour-located at junction of Alpine Meadows Rd and Hwy 89, from cabin
• Graham’s offers fine dining near Squaw Valley-located from cabin
• Pfieffer House offers traditional German food on Hwy 80 between Alpine Meadows Rd and Tahoe City about from cabin
The popular Five Lakes Trail, a moderately steep trail to five small high alpine lakes in the Granite Chief Wilderness, offers access to the Pacific Crest Trail for longer excursions or wilderness backpacking. The trailhead is a few hundred yards from the front door, heading toward the ski area on Alpine Meadows Road.
The Bear Creek Trail trail-head is located across the street from the Five Lakes trail-head and provides an easy hike down to Bear Creek and back up the hill to connect with the horse trails that traverse the base of Scott Creek.
Other recreational activities include mountain biking, horseback riding, tennis, golf, river rafting on the Truckee River in the summer; skiing, snowboarding and snowshoeing in the winter at nearby Alpine Meadows or Squaw Valley. Lake Tahoe offers many water-based activities, including boating, kayaking, standup paddleboarding, jet-skiing, parasailing and fishing.
Keywords: House, single-family home, 3 bedroom house, cabin, mountain cabin