Cozy Cabin with Magnificent Mountain Views-Summer& Fall Only
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2-3 nights
- Property type:Cabin
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
• Mountain cabin, cozy & well maintained with dramatic views of Scott Peak and Alpine Meadows ski area from all rooms. Available summer and fall only. Not available in winter--please, no ski lease inquiries.
• Master suite with bath + 2 other bedrooms
• Dining table seats eight (find 2 extra chairs downstairs)
• Sunny deck with gas BBQ
• Recently updated flat screen TV, expanded cable, DVD/VCR player, stereo, selection of DVD movies and music CDs
• Convenient access from main road with ample parking (room for at least five cars/boat parking)
• 1 mile from Alpine Meadows ski area, to Tahoe City and Lake Tahoe, to Truckee
• Please check calendar for availability for summer/fall rental (May through November). The cabin is not available for rental during the winter season-please, no ski rental inquiries.
• Bright, airy spaces are enhanced by a soaring, convex ceiling showcasing rugged Scott Peak on quarter acre of land. The cabin is has about 1,300 square feet of living space.
• Upper level: Living room, dining room and kitchen, 1 full bathroom, washer/dryer. Lower level: 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms (master suite with attached bath)
• Perfect for 2 or 3 couples (sleeps 6).
• Located on Alpine Meadows road, from Alpine Meadows ski area, just steps from the popular Five Lakes Trail trail-head, to Tahoe City and Lake Tahoe, to Truckee
• A car is generally necessary, though public transportation on TART bus available at junction of Alpine Meadows Rd and Highway 89.
Master bedroom & bath highlights:
The master bedroom features a Queen Size Select Control air bed with dual controls, heated mattress pad, 2 side tables & 2 lamps. All beds are fitted with quilts. Enjoy the view of Alpine Meadows and Scott Peak view (from all 3 bedrooms)
The en-suite bath features a full-size stand up shower (glass enclosed), adjacent to a deep soaking tub, vanity and window. Hair dryer provided.
2nd bedroom highlights:
This bedroom features a Queen Size bed with heated mattress pad, 2 side tables & 2 lamps, closet, dresser and luggage rack. This bedroom is the same size as the master bedroom.
3rd bedroom highlights:
This bedroom is smaller than the other two bedrooms and features a comfortable double bed with a side table & lamp, closet and luggage rack.
• Soaring convex ceiling swoops from 10 to 12 feet to showcase the magnificent mountain view, including Alpine Meadows and the jagged tip of Scott Peak
• Wood stove pumps out welcome heat in the winter with ample wood supply
• Well stocked kitchen
• High glass panels in living/dining area lets the light shine in all day long
• Sunny deck with gas BBQ and deck lounge chairs
We like to cook so this kitchen is fully equipped with appliances: large refrigerator, stove, microwave, dishwasher, coffee-maker, toaster, blender (with food processor attachment), and garbage disposal. Ample dishes, glassware, cutlery, pots and pans, baking supplies and spices are available.
Living room highlights:
The living room offers eight foot couch, six foot love-seat and rocking chair. Flat screen TV, expanded cable with ESPN, DVD/VCR and stereo available.
Dining area highlights:
Gather the family around for a meal at the table that seats eight.
A note about internet:
This is a great place to disconnect! We have been unable to find a provider who can offer consistent service as we are in a narrow 'dead' zone. However, aircards do work well, and mobile phone access is good (particularly Verizon). Free Wi-Fi is available at Starbucks at Squaw Valley and other locations. Email us if you need more information.
The bedrooms are not accessible to wheelchairs due to all three of the bedrooms being located downstairs. However, the upstairs is fully accessible to wheelchairs, walkers, etc. There is a level wooden walkway that leads from the street to the main floor, which contains the kitchen, dining area, living area, deck and 1 full bathroom (though the bathroom is small). I have a friend in an electric wheelchair and she can access the upper floor with no problem.
• River Ranch offers full service bar and restaurant- located at junction of Alpine Meadows Rd and Hwy 89, from cabin
• Crest Café offers casual lunches, dinners and après-skiing happy hour-located at junction of Alpine Meadows Rd and Hwy 89, from cabin
• Graham’s offers fine dining near Squaw Valley-located from cabin
• Pfieffer House offers traditional German food on Hwy 80 between Alpine Meadows Rd and Tahoe City about from cabin
The popular Five Lakes Trail, a moderately steep trail to five small high alpine lakes in the Granite Chief Wilderness, offers access to the Pacific Crest Trail for longer excursions or wilderness backpacking. The trailhead is a few hundred yards from the front door, heading toward the ski area on Alpine Meadows Road.
The Bear Creek Trail trail-head is located across the street from the Five Lakes trail-head and provides an easy hike down to Bear Creek and back up the hill to connect with the horse trails that traverse the base of Scott Creek.
Other recreational activities include mountain biking, horseback riding, tennis, golf, river rafting on the Truckee River in the summer; skiing, snowboarding and snowshoeing in the winter at nearby Alpine Meadows or Squaw Valley. Lake Tahoe offers many water-based activities, including boating, kayaking, standup paddleboarding, jet-skiing, parasailing and fishing.
Keywords: House, single-family home, 3 bedroom house, cabin, mountain cabin
Member since: 2012
- 2 story
- 1300 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
- Queen size Beds (2), Double Beds (1)
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Satellite / Cable
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Health/Beauty Spa
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Cross Country Skiing
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Ice Skating
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Pier Fishing
- Rock Climbing
- Water Skiing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Dining Area
- Seating for 8 people
- Clothes Dryer:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Parking Off Street
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Sep 12 - Nov 14, 2016
2 night min stay
May 1 - Jun 15, 2017
2 night min stay
Sep 8 - Nov 15, 2017
2 night min stay
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Property Damage Protection $59
- Cleaning fee $160
- Tax Rate 10%
Rates are subject to change until reservation is confirmed. Three night minimum for August and holiday periods.
Any any time before, during, or after your stay, your information may be shared with www.guestchecker.com. We reserve the right to cancel the reservation based on Guestchecker results.
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Beautiful Lake Tahoe offers many recreational activities, including paddleboarding, kayaking, canoeing, sailing, and fishing, along with lakefront beaches. Tahoe City and Truckee offer excellent restaurants and shopping. Extensive hiking and biking trails abound; some easy, some strenuous. Events are held almost every weekend at nearby Squaw Valley during the summer, and High Camp offers skating and swimming.
Year Purchased: 2000
About the owner: We are a professional couple from the Bay Area who met in the mountains and feel a passion for North Lake Tahoe. We love to backpack in the Granite Chief Wilderness behind the cabin, mountain bike on nearby trails and relax at the beach at beautiful, blue Lake Tahoe.
Why the Owner Chose Alpine Meadows, CA, USA:
The location on Alpine Meadows Road means we have easy access summer and winter, the views of Scott Peak and Alpine Meadows ski area are spectacular from the house and we love to step out of the house and be on wilderness trails within minutes. It's a short drive to Lake Tahoe, with stores and restaurants nearby. We've been skiing at Squaw Valley and Alpine for decades and have explored most of the back country trails in the surrounding area.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
The deck catches the afternoon sun so we enjoy relaxing with a book and a glass of wine. If we're lazy we'll take a walk around the neighborhood, while if we're more energetic we'll tackle the Five Lakes Trail. Horse stables are just down the street for those who like to ride. A river rafting outfit is located at the end of the road.
- Primary: 415-470-1812
- Tertiary: +1 4157224388
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Back of cabin showing deck and large, airy windows to living area & bedrooms
Living room with sofa and loveseat, flatscreen TV, dining room table
Master bedroom with ensuite bath, queen Select Control bed & mattress warmer
Third bedroom with double bed
Sunny deck with gas BBQ & deck furniture has dramatic views of Alpine Meadows.
Front of cabin
There are plenty of plates and bowls, too.
View of Alpine Meadows Ski Area from deck. Nearby hiking trails abound.
Cycling and rafting along the nearby Truckee River are popular summer pastimes
Geese at Lake Tahoe with snow-covered Sierra in the background
Concerts are held throughout the summer at Commons Beach in Tahoe City
Floating from Tahoe City to River Ranch is a popular summer pastime
Bright, airy dining area and kitchen in background. Note dramatic convex ceiling
Fully equipped kitchen with recently updated appliances, views to Alpine Meadows
2nd bedroom with queen bed, electric mattress warmer, shared bath
Side view of house showing convex roof, forested yard on 1/4 acre
There is ample parking that can accommodate boats, RVs or 5 cars on the street.
The kitchen is well stocked with plenty of wine glasses and coffee cups
Coffee-maker and tea pots make mornings easy.
Sugar Pine Point State Park on the West Shore of Lake Tahoe is a 30' drive
Lake Tahoe is great for boating, kayaking and stand-up paddleboarding
The Five Lakes Trail, near the cabin, leads to the Granite Chief Wildernes
View of Lake Tahoe from the Stanford Rock Hike
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Thursday, October 27, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM