Spend your vacation or holidays enjoying the Magic of Rocky Mountain National Park and the Three Lakes area within an easy walk from this home located in the Arapahoe National Recreation Area. Enjoy the beauty and majesty of the Rocky Mountains and Grand Lake just outside your door from this newer, beautiful mountain home next to Shadow Mountain Lake and the Rocky Mountain National Park with panoramic views the mountains.
Grand Lake hosts some of the very best firework displays on July 4th and New Year's Eve. We recommend finding a spot closer to or in town for best views of the fireworks as you won't be able to see them from the home.
Maximize your time outdoors on the lake with the canoe and 3 Kayaks included for family fun on the water or by taking in the spectacular mountain vistas and wildlife from the many upper and lower decks . Or spend a lazy afternoon lounging on one of 4 decks while reading your favorite novel. In Winter, nestle up on the couch with your favorite book or read a story to your family as the gas fireplace glows with warmth as the snow gently falls outside the windows. (Note: you have to transport canoe or kayaks to lake with your own vehicle and tie downs)
We are just four minutes from the town of Grand Lake and the entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park. Grand Lake provides a classic 'old west' town ambiance and fun for the whole family. From there you can enjoy the shops, restaurants, mini-golf, guided horseback riding, guided and unguided snowmobile and ATV rentals, go-carts, bumper boats and more.
Rocky Mountain National Park is home to an abundant wildlife population including elk, deer, moose, bears, porcupines and foxes (many of these pass through the rental property as well). Miles of hiking and snowshoeing trails are accessible from the home as well as access to the National Park and the Arapahoe National Recreation area.
Trail Ridge Marina is just down the road and offers pontoon and sport-boat rentals. For the adventurous, you can also snowmobile across the lakes in the winter! Book early as this is a year round vacation rental and books full and fast each season. There is no better place to spend the holidays than in the mountains of Colorado.
1. We DO NOT allow gatherings or events (family reunions, weddings, rehearsal dinners, etc.) of any kind to take place in our home. We receive multiple inquiries as such so want to provide notification here to help save you time in your vacation rental search. Strictly enforced.
2. CAMP FIRES or any OPEN FIRES are not allowed in this HOA community at any time. There is a gas bbq grill on deck for cooking only. Most summers in Grand Lake have countywide fire bans as well regardless of where you stay.
3. Quiet Time: 10pm to 8am is quiet time. Noise, even normal conversation, travels in the mountains and neighbors sleep with windows open as most homes have no A/C in the mountains. We require guests move indoors at 10pm.
4. Not a PARTY House: This home is designed for quality family gatherings. We discourage heavy drinking groups from booking this or any of our rental properties due to past problems.
5. When allowed, pet fees apply. ($25 per pet per night). Requires pre authorization by property manager.
CHECK-IN TIME IS 4PM CHECK-OUT TIME IS 11AM
Keywords: Lake, River, Canal, National Park, Hiking, Fishing, Hunting, Swimming, Snowmobiling, Skiing,