Location, Location, Location. Our beach house is as good as it gets! Directly on Lake Erie in North East, PA, at lake level with a private beach. If you are coming to North East, chances are you want to be in a prime location ON the beach. Sunset Beach House is an unbeatable beach location for authentic lake living on the wine trail and steelhead alley. This beach house is located on the lake and the mouth of 16 mile creek, which is a world class fishing spot. This is paradise for fishing & watersports as you can cast or launch directly on the beach in front of this home. We are locally owned & operated with a meticulous cleaning staff, luxury linens, city water, and continuous quality improvements for our guests enjoyment. This year we have added a beach bar on the lake!
Sunset Beach House is a unique, one of a kind, lakefront beach house at lake level with 3 bedrooms with 2 queen beds, 2 twin beds, 2 full bathrooms and 3 decks. If you want to be on the lake and relax this is the beach home for you. You can step of the porch and be directly on the beach in just a few short steps to Lake Erie or 16 Mile creek. This house is located in the Sunset Beach Association, an exclusive private neighborhood. It is adjacent to to 16 Mile Creek, Freeport Beach, and close to wineries and other amenities. 16 Mile creek hosts excellent fishing and empties into Lake Erie in very close proximity to this beach house. You don't have to pack a bag for the beach or fishing, just simply walk out the door- off the deck and you are there!
Find us, like and share us on Facebook at Lake Erie Beach Cottages.
Check in to see pictures from our private beach, fishing, water sports and upcoming events in our local wineries and surrounding area.
For availability, please see the calendar which is updated daily.
This house is a great place for an authentic Lake Erie Beach experiences. If you are looking for a great location, this is it. We offer gorgeous picture window views from the living spaces, plus window and balcony lake views from two of three bedrooms. Beautiful sights, relaxing wave sounds and fresh breezes of lake living are experienced here without leaving the property. You can enjoy lake living year round through all four seasons here in this luxury vacation rental. This is a great home to celebrate all occasions in all seasons with family and friends.
This is a nice family setting -- a quiet residential neighborhood built around enjoyment of Lake Erie -- a great place to relax and unwind, but close enough to town for shopping, exploring, wineries, watersports, fishing, a nice meal or a walk to the Freeport Restaurant.
The first floor offers a comfortable living area with panoramic lake views at lake level with an open floor plan. The first floor hosts the living room, kitchen, washer, dryer, full bathroom with full tub-shower combo, and one bedroom with two twin beds. The dining table seats four-six. Additionally, large counter and stools seat two more. Outside there is a picnic table for dining al fresco.
The kitchen is equipped with oven, cooktop, microwave, dishwasher, washer and dryer, coffee pot, tea pot, cookware, dishes, and utensils.
The second floor has a full bathroom with tub-shower and two bedrooms, both with Queen beds and direct access to the second floor balcony overlooking the lake.
Three wood decks offer outdoor living space, including two decks overlooking the beach and lake.
Two televisions, one on each floor
One DVD player
Basic cable tv channels
Fresh hotel quality bed linens and towels provided
Central Air Conditioning
Heating provided by a gas furnace
Washer and Dryer
Iron, Ironing Board
Picnic table outside
Off-street parking for three cars. Maximum of three cars allowed.
Beds sleep six. Inquire about rollaway twin beds for a maximum of eight people.
Family neighborhood. Homes are close together. No parties allowed.
Sunset Beach is a natural Great Lakes shoreline that changes with the weather. We have many beach stones, driftwood, sand and beach glass. Sorry, we do not have palm trees, coconuts or white sand. Sunset Beach is a great place to relax, celebrate all occasions, swim, walk the beach, fish, kayak, water sports, enjoy a camp fire, and treasure hunt for beach glass or other flotsam and jetsam.
Freeport Beach, the public beach next to us, does get sand replenishment and grooming. Little ones will enjoy the playground at Freeport Beach. Older kids and adults can enjoy the sand volleyball courts there. In the summer season, Freeport Beach offers a lifeguard.
Guests with limited mobility can enjoy the lake views from the home and decks. Two decks are partially shaded. The beach requires good mobility for access, as the surface is uneven with scattered driftwood, beach stones, etc. Access to the adjacent Freeport Beach requires crossing 16 Mile Creek which is normally ankle to calf deep at the mouth of the creek, but can be deeper with rain. Driving distance to Freeport Beach for those who want to bypass the creek is about half a mile. Walking distance to Freeport Beach is much closer.
- Lake Erie Wine Trail: We are located on the Lake Erie Wine Trail. 26 wineries make up the complete wine trail. Wineries are open YEAR ROUND and close only on major holidays. Along the wine trail we have many artisans, galleries, antique shops and restaurants. Winery Tours make for a great ladies getaway, classy bachelorette trip, or couples getaway.
Visit during a wine related event or festival, or choose a slower time such as winter or spring to get more personal attention and learning from the winemakers themselves. If you visit during a slower time, call ahead to book a special small group session with a winemaker for a look behind the scenes. A private winery tour would be a nice way to celebrate a special occasion. A special dinner or gathering at a winery is a nice idea for a rehearsal dinner, shower, engagement party.
- Our ladies groups also enjoy shopping, wine tasting, Bella Day Spa, Double DAB Horse Riding Trails, and Presque Isle Casino.
- World Class Fishing: Lake Erie area is known for world class fishing including walleye, perch, bass, lake trout, and steelhead. We can recommend Charters or discuss parking for your boat. 16 Mile Creek is about 40 feet from this house. 20 Mile is about 3-4 miles from this house. Steelhead season typically runs from October through March, but creeks can and do freeze over for the latter part of the season.
- Sunsets: Watching the sun set each night into the lake is a beautiful thing and a local tradition. You have a direct and open view of the sunset at lake level at this home. If you watch closely you may catch a green flash!
- Nearby: We have a nice variety of restaurants nearby, including the Freeport Restaurant & Pub, and Johnny B's,. The Cork & Noosa Restaurants are newer, upscale and just 2 miles away. A local pub with good food is Plummer's just a few miles east across the N.Y. border. Other local faves for coffee/lunch/hanging out is South Shore Café, & Boston Bean – a cool space with WiFi. Presque Isle Winery has a fun food menu to go along with wine tasting. South Shore cafe is open mid-June to mid-October. For 18-holes of golf, we recommend Green Meadows Golf Course (5 miles).
- Daytrips? We are a short drive to Chautauqua Lake, Bemus Point, Findley Lake, Peek-n-Peak Golf & Ski Resort - and new Mountaineering and Zipline Courses, Erie, Presque Isle State Park as well as Presque Isle Downs & Casino, Splash Lagoon Water Park, Waldameer Amusement Park, Malls (Millcreek, Galleria, Grove City). Niagra Falls is another great day trip for family memories. For unique family adventures, we recommend the new mountaineering course and zip lines at Peek 'n Peak Resort in Clymer NY, the Horse Riding Trails at Double DAB in Ripley NY, and the Scallywags Pirate Ship in Erie.
- Our location is excellent for water sports. If you are looking for a place to kayak, canoe or windsurf, bring your small craft and launch from the beach.
- Larger boats and jet skis can be launched from the North East Marina just 2 miles away and anchored during the day in front of the home.
- For beach sports, try sand volleyball at the adjacent Freeport Beach sand courts - just a short walk.
SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE
Whether relaxing with sunset viewing, sunbathing, winery tours, shoreline walks, or lake swimming, and sea glass finding, everyone in your group will be entertained at this lakefront location.
NORTH EAST, PA – OUR TOWN
North East, PA is Erie's Wine Country, a refreshing small-town getaway from busy lives. Known for its miles of vineyards and beaches, many wineries, fruit/vegetable farms, and a growing artist community -- this is the good life. Relax and enjoy the lakefront. Grill out and eat at your picnic table. If you want to go out for meals, there are a number of family friendly restaurants close by. Explore local wineries, enjoy a massage at Bella Day Spa, sightsee, take a horse trail ride with Double DAB, treat your family to local produce -- pick-your-own options available or buy from one of many local farm stands. Downtown North East shopping district now features our new Grape Country Marketplace where you can shop for locally made products, art and more.
Erie, Pennsylvania -- with Presque Isle State Park, Waldameer Water & Amusement Park, Erie Zoo, Splash Lagoon, the Tom Ridge Environmental Center and Presque Isle Downs & Casino -- is a 20-35 minute drive depending on destination.
New York State, also close by, offers Chautauqua Institution, Peek 'n Peak Ski/Golf/Spa, Panama Rocks. Niagara Fall is about 2 hours, and is an easy day trip