Great Location, Walk to Town and South Beach
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-3 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
Great Location, in Katama section of Edgartown, within walking distance to South Beach, yet 1/2 mile walk to downtown Edgartown's shops, harbor, Captain's houses, restaurants, and cinema. Clean, comfortable house with two bedrooms (one queen bed and one with twin trundle beds), and lots of updated furnishings (inc. new hardwood floors, couch, area rugs, etc.). Central air conditioning, WiFi, deck with gas grille. Recent bike path runs in front of property. Left to village center, right to the beach.
Truly the best location, and on the new bike path: At the new bike path in front of the property, turn left to the village center, turn right to the beach.
Walk 1/2 mile to in-town and dine on Main St., on Edgartown harbor, or at one of many inns. Other favorites -- walk down Herring Creek to Katama Airport and breakfast on their outside deck while planes land overhead at one of the Nation's oldest grass airfields. Bring a picnic to the beach or one of the many natural reserves on Island.
Cycle to nearby bike path and venture to the beach, to downtown, along Beach Road to Oak Bluffs, around the State Forest, or, for the more serious cyclist - all the way to the cliffs at the other end of the Island.
Don't worry about parking a car in busy downtown Edgartown. A ten minute walk to Main Street brings you to a movie, dinner, or an ice cream. And if you bring or rent a kayak or canoe, you are close to Edgartown's Great Pond and the harbor.
Member since: 2012
- 775 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 2-4
- Queen size Beds (1), Twin or Single Beds (2)
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Oversized modern fiberglass shower, vanity sink, tile floor
- Rental is completely outfitted with modern/quiet central air conditioning, new dishes, TV, DVD/CD player, WiFi internet, patio furniture, and mix of antiques and newer furnishings (inc. all new hardwood floor, couch, area rugs,etc.). Includes quality bedding and towels for a comfortable escape. Lots of windows with combination screens and storms let in the sun and cool breezes; Rental is larger of two units on same lot. Only shared element is laundry room with new front-loading washer and dryer, but with separate entrances. 1 queen bed room and a second twin bed room (pop-up trundle). Own deck with furniture & gas grill. Combination living room/dining room/full kitchen. Modern bathroom with large shower. Bike path runs in front of the property: left to town, right to beach. Your unit includes large front and rear yard, sitting back off the road; own deck, gas grille, and plenty of tall shrubs for privacy from road. ...moreless
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Sports & Activities
- Recreation Center
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Pier Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Air Conditioning:
- Broadband Access
- Clothes Dryer:
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Mid Fall Plus
Oct 11 - Oct 30, 2016
3 night min stay
Oct 31 - Dec 31, 2016
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning - regular $95
- Refundable Damage Deposit $350
- Tax Rate 3%
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Car: Not Necessary
1/2 mile to downtown Edgartown with shops, restaurants, harbor, inns; 0.8 mile to South Beach on the Atlantic Ocean. The Katama area is valued for its location proximate to both South Beach and the village center. A bike path runs in front of the property. Left to town; right to the beach.
Located on Herring Creek Road, the 'right fork' to South Beach. (22 Herring Creek Road, Edgartown, MA 02539 to pinpoint excellent locale)
Year Purchased: 1996
About the owner: I used to live at this location yearround. It was great for its convenience to downtown, to the beach, to the bike path, yet feeling of removed and less-dense development. Now, I live elsewhere, but still love the location. The house sits back off the road and its locale lets me leave my car off Island; I can use my bike, or the bus that runs in front, or take an easy walk past the llamas, on bike path, near the harbor to downtown.
Why the Owner Chose Katama, Edgartown, MA, USA:
Best of both worlds. Excellent access to downtown, to South Beach and the many tracts of open space, farms, and Great Ponds. Any direction you walk, run, or bike you pass along beautiful areas.
- Primary: 1-774-5219277
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Living room with new floors, sofa
Twin bedroom w/new floors '12 (part view)
twin bedroom view
another twin bedrom view, looking towards hallway
A Living room view (with new couch and floors '12)
Queen bedroom w/new floors '12
view of kitchen
A kitchen view
another front yard view
deck and grill off yard partial view
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Monday, October 24, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM