Enjoy a private 500 s.f. floor in an 1899 brownstone, appointed with new flooring throughout (completed Aug. 2015 through Sept. 2015), upgraded kitchen & bathroom (completed Oct. 2015). It's sunny and loaded with everything you need!
We own a double-duplex brownstone in Clinton Hill on Gates near Classon Avenue - (7 blocks to C train, 5 blocks to G train, minutes to all), in which we host on the entire top floor. This is more of an efficiency/studio set-up: it is the top floor in a two-family, double duplex brownstone, the top floor for our guests consists of a sizable bedroom, full bath and eat-in kitchen for your exclusive use. Our family occupies the floors below. You go through a common hallway and staircase, to get to the top floor (2 easy flights up from the main entrance), but not through any rooms, so it is a fairly private set-up.
- Clinton Hill, Gates Avenue near Classon Ave. (1 mi. or less to Williamsburg, Park Slope, Prospect Heights, downtown, Ft. Greene, Bed-Stuy, Bushwick; 20 mins to Manhattan)
- includes FiOS, heat (or A/C), hot water, and electricity all included
- furnished with two twin beds (convertible into a king bed), one roll away twin bed and one inflatable mattress (we prefer a max of three, but we can sleep four upon request)
- large double closet in bedroom; linen storage (could also be bookcase or other) in hall; ample kitchen cabinet space and large refrigerator
- 7 blocks from the C train (Clinton-Washington Avenue or Franklin Avenue)
- 5 or 6 stops from Manhattan
- G train stop at Classon Avenue only five blocks away (for train to Park Slope, Williamsburg/Greenpoint, Queens, or transfer to A/C to Manhattan or JFK)
- Driving time to Manhattan, about 15-20 minutes to downtown & upper east side; 30-40 minutes to westside
- very close and convenient to Downtown Brooklyn/Brooklyn Heights, Williamsburg and Park Slope (2 buses less than one-half block away), including museums, cultural and historic attractions
-restaurants, cafes and bars near, grocery store on the corner and several others within a 3-block radius, as well as supermarkets 6-7 blocks away
- Laundromat 1 block away, with 24-hour laundromats about 5 blocks away, but I will do small loads of laundry for you upon request
You will have exclusive use of and access to: a sizable private room as described in "The Space" section, furnished with two twin beds (which we will combine into one king bed upon request) and optional roll away twin and inflatable mattress, and other small furnishings; full private bath and private eat-in kitchen both renovated in Fall 2015; sizable dining table in sun-filled kitchen area doubles as a great desk space; alcove perfect for vertical bike storage (2 Racor B-1R Solo Vertical Bike Rack hooks)
Upon request you may also have some use of the living room on the floor just below.
Interaction with Guests
We'll be around, but since you have the top floor to yourself, most of the interaction is on the way in or out - we're open to socializing and did so frequently with our last long-term guests, so it's really up to you
Just the right mix of urban center and local neighborhood; close to all but enough quiet for a calming walk.
B52 bus for a 10-minute ride to downtown Brooklyn is a few yards away on the corner; G train/Classon Avenue is 5 blocks away; C train is about 6 blocks to either the Clinton/Washington stop or Franklin Avenue stop. There is on-street parking, alternate side is twice per week on the immediate block but only once per week on Classon. From LaGuardia Airport, a taxi will cost $30-$35, but there is also a bus that will put you at the Jackson Heights subway station, and from there it's about 5 stops to catch the G train, which stops 5 blocks away. From JFK, the taxi is closer to $40, but the AirTran can get you conveniently to the A/C line and the C train is about 6 blocks from here.
Other Things to Note
Free birthday cake for guests staying with us during their birthday - send me flavor request and picture that you would like on the cake!
Smoking - outside please; pets allowed but please contact me first for arrangements