Affordable Self Catering Accommodation in Constantia Valley ,S/Suburbs Cape Town - Ascot Gardens Self Catering Suites, Cottages and Houses in Constantia
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Ascot Gardens Self Catering Suites, Cottages and Houses in Constantia
1 BR / 1 BA / Sleeps 2
- Ascot Villa in Constantia Valley , Southern Suburbs , Cape Town
5 BR / 4 BA / Sleeps 14
- 3 Bedroom 2 Bathroom Holiday House Constantia Cape Town, Sleep 5-8
3 BR / 2 BA / Sleeps 8
- Deluxe 1 Bedroom Bungalow , sleep 2-4 persons in Constantia Cape Town
1 BR / 1 BA / Sleeps 4
- Minimum stay:3-6 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Ascot Gardens self catering Cottages , offering Standard , Superior and Deluxe One , Two and Three Bed Roomed units , that can sleep 2 - 8 persons .
Situated in the quiet and peaceful and safe Cape Town residential southern suburb of Bergvliet , in the Constantia Valley.
Ascot Gardens central position in Cape Town Constantia Southern Suburbs is an ideal base for visiting and seeing Cape Towns many attractions.
The Airport ,V &A Waterfront , Fish Hoek and Hout Bay Beaches and Table Mountain are 25 minutes drive away and Kirstenbosch Gardens and Constantia Wine Estates are 10 minutes away .
Within walking distance of Ascot Gardens , is a local shopping center , super markets , rail station , and 6 good local restaurants.
Ascot Gardens offers private garden suites and Cottages of various sizes , for sleeping from 2 -8 persons and Holiday Houses can sleep up to 24 persons on the entire Ascot Gardens property .
We charge per unit and not per person
Ascot Gardens ‘Home from Home’ 3 Star Graded Self Catering , is inspected every year by the Tourist Grading Council of South Africa (TGCSA). Latest approval was on 25 October 2015. This your guarantee that the accommodation provided , is equal to or better than accepted international self catering standards.
All units surrounded by beautiful gardens . (As featured on BBCTv Gardeners World program.)
• Free WiFi internet to all units
• Private entrance to each unit.
• Private patio with table and chairs and BBQ surrounded by a beautiful garden
Fully furnished and equipped including bed linen , bath towels and toilet rolls.
•Premium satelite DSTv Television and DVD.
Dish washers in larger deluxe suites .
• Music centers , bedside clock radio.
• Private BBQ facilities.
• Secure , off street parking behind remote controlled entrance gates.
. Safe and ceiling fans in all bedrooms and lounges.
• Iron and ironing board
• Laundry . Wash lines for smalls in bathrooms
• Library providing novels , magazines and tourist info brochures and maps , and guest use computers with free Wifi
• Shared swimming pool , sun lounges for sun bathing either around pool or placed outside in your own private area at your own suite.
Ascot Garden is an Ideal base for tourists requiring affordable self catering accommodation in the vicinity of Cape Town and the Southern Suburbs .
Bergvliet is a quiet safe tree lined Cape Town Southern Suburb in the Constantia wine growing area , only 16 klms from City Center.
The Constantia Wine route, Constantia Shopping Village, Blue Route shopping center and Constantiaberg Medi Clinic are 5 minutes drive away.
Kirstenbosch Gardens , Muizenberg Beach , Cavendish Square , Newlands cricket and rugby stadiums , Westlake , Steenberg and Royal Cape Golf Clubs , are 15 minutes drive away.
The Airport , V&A Waterfront , Table Mountain , Cape Town City Center , Fish Hoek and Hout Bay beach , Simonstown , Penguins at Boulders , Canal Walk shopping , Clovelly Golf club are 25 min away.
Camps Bay , Clifton Beach and Chapman's Peak Drive are 35 min drive away.
Stellenbosch Wine Route , Cape Point Nature Reserve , Noordhoek , Somerset West , Franschhoek are within 50 minutes drive .
Hermanus , the Aquila Big 5 Game Reserve and Shark Cage Diving in Gansbaai , are 2-3 hrs drive away.
Ascot Gardens Self Catering Suites, Cottages and Houses in Constantia : Constantia, Western Cape Vacation Rental by Owner Listing 406846ha
All units have their own private entrance and secure off street parking . Open plan lounge / kitchen/ dining area , outdoor patio with table and chairs and BBQ facility. Free WiFi , Satellite DSTv , DVD, music center, bedside radio. Safe , ceiling fans. Shared library, laundry facilities , swimming pool , sun loungers. Price of each suite is dependent on their size and facilities offered , for the different seasons . Standard suites for 1/2 persons , are from 40 m2 in size and are priced from R680-R780 /night /suite. Superior suites for sleeping 2 or 3 or 4 persons , are from 60m2 in size and are priced from R890-R 880/night/suite. Deluxe suites for sleeping 2 or 3/4 persons are approx 90m2 in size and are priced from R840-R1040/night/suite 2 Bedroom 1 Bathroom House for sleeping 3-6 from R1450-R1040/night/suite 3 Bedroom 2 Bathroom House for sleeping 4-8 , from R 1700-R2100/night/house Entire Houses , sleeping 10- 15 from R2490-R4030 /night/house
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
- 40 m²
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Low Allergen Environment
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 2, Beds for 2
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to ask which available suite is best matched for your dates required . Standard suites( 1/2) sleep 1 / 2 on Double bed or 2 Single beds from R 680/n Superior suites ( 2-3/4) sleep 2 in bedroom on either 2 Single beds or on Queen size bed and 1 or 2 persons on Single bed or Sleeper Couch or Double Bunk placed in lounge from R 890/n Deluxe suites (2-4) sleep 2 in bedroom on either 2 Single beds or Queen size bed with 1 or 2 persons on Single beds placed in lounge , from R 990/n 2 Bedroom House (4-6) sleep 2 in Queen size bed in main bedroom and 2 Single beds in second bedroom .Double bunk or 2 Single beds placed in lounge from R1450/n 3 Bedroom House can sleep 8 in Queen size bed in main bedroom 2 Single beds in second bedroom and 2/3/4 single beds in 3rd bedroom ( or 2 beds placed in lounge) from R1700/n House/Villa sleeps 10 to 14 persons in Single and Queen size beds in bedrooms plus extra beds placed in lounge. from R3140/n...moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- We supply bath towels and toilet rolls but do not provide swimming towels , hand towels, face clothes or soap . Standard Duchess suite has shower and toilet. Mountain suite has full bathroom with bath and shower and toilet . Superior suites; Duke, Poolside and Cottage suites have full bathroom with bath and shower and toilet . Jack and Queen suites have shower and toilet. Deluxe suites; Royal and King suites have large full bathroom with bath and shower and toilet, plus additional separate toilet . Fountain Suite has large full bathroom with bath and shower and toilet 2 Bedroom 1 Bathroom House has large full bathroom with private bath and shower and toilet which is shared with 2nd bedroom 3 Bedroom 2 Bathroom House has large private full bathroom with bath and shower and toilet which is shared with 2nd bedroom .The 3rd bedroom has shower and toilet . Houses / Villas sleeping 10-14 persons , have 3 or 4 bathrooms per house ...moreless
- Guests have free access to WiFi to all suites. Shared library, laundry facilities, and swimming pool with sun lounges. There is an internet /library with 2 complimentary computers . We have tourist brochures and information on restaurants and activities in Cape Town. On site laundry and washing lines, Ironing board and iron is provided in each suite. Hair dryers, Adapters and plugs available for R100 refundable deposit . The units are not serviced daily but bath towels, dish cloths, toilet rolls, dish washing liquid and garbage bags are checked and replaced whenever necessary. We will enter you suite daily when you are out and remove your garbage and replace bag if dirty . For longer stays, a complete service, clean and bed linen and towel replacement is done, after every 7 days,. The shopping center and 6 good local restaurants are 10 minutes walk away ...moreless
- Audio Tape Player
- Books For Adults
- Tourist Attractions
- Autumn Foliage
- Botanical Garden
- Coin Laundry
- Live Theater
- Rain Forests
- Recreation Center
- Theme Parks
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Outlet Shopping
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Equestrian Events
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Ice Skating
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Pier Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 2 people
- Activities Guide
- Air Conditioning:
- Alarm Clock
- Broadband Access:
- Ceiling Fans
- Computer Available:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Mobile Phone
- Parking Off Street:
- Security System
- Sofa Bed
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided:
- Tumble Dryer:
- Washing Machine:
- Wireless Internet:
- 2 Ring Stove
- 4 Ring Stove
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Ice Maker
- Pantry Items:
- Beach Chairs
- Child's Swing
- Gated Community
- Lawn / Garden:
- Outdoor Grill:
- Outdoor Grill Gas
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool:
- Outdoor Pool
- Housekeeper Included
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
GREEN SEASON 2016
May 1 - Oct 31, 2016
3 night min stay
EARLY SUMMER 2016/7
Nov 1 - Dec 9, 2016
3 night min stay
SUMMER PEAK 2016/7
Dec 10 - Jan 9, 2017
6 night min stay
Jan 10 - Apr 30, 2017
6 night min stay
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- No additional mandatory fees
SPECIAL OFFER GREEN SEASON VALID 1 MAY-1 NOVEMBER ONLY
For every 6 nights booked 1 night will be free
The prices quoted above from R680- R 780/night/unit are for the Standard Bedsitter 40 M2 DUCHESS OR MOUNTAIN Suites sleeping 1 or 2 persons.
Single person discount may be offered depending on season and availability .
We also offer larger 60 M2 one bedroom SUPERIOR SUITES FOR SLEEPING 2 PERSONS from R 780- R 1040/NIGHT /UNIT or 3 /4 persons
AND ALSO LARGE 90 M2 ONE BEDROOM DELUXE SUITES that can sleep 2 - 4 from R 990- R 1140/night /unit .
All Prices for suites are per Unit and not charged per person
Some Superior suites and all Deluxe suites can sleep additional 1 or 2 persons sleeping on extra beds placed in bedroom or lounge at no additional charge
Enquire to email@example.com to ask which available suite will be best suited for your dates required
I require 33% deposit to confirm the booking and the balance to be paid before or soon after arrival
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
The property's calendar has not been updated in over 3 months. You can contact the owner for availability or look for properties with confirmed availability
Bergvliet is a quiet peaceful tree lined Cape Town residential Southern Suburbs in the Constantia Valley.
Ideally situated within 30 minutes drive of Cape Town Peninsula's many attractions and the City and Waterfront and Beaches .
Within walking distance is a local Shopping Center, rail station, and 6 good local restaurants.
The Constantia Wine Route, including Groot Constantia, the oldest wine farm in South Africa and Constantia Village shopping center , are 5 minutes drive from ASCOT GARDENS .
Kirstenbosch Gardens, Muizenberg Beach, Cavendish Square Shopping , Newlands cricket and rugby stadiums, Westlake, Steenberg and Royal Cape Golf Clubs, are 15 minutes drive away.
The Airport, V&A Waterfront, Table Mountain,Cape Town City Centre, Fish Hoek and Hout Bay beach, Penguins at Boulders , Simonstown and Clovelly Golf Club are 25 minutes away.
Camps Bay, Clifton beach and Chapman's Peak Drive are 35 minutes drive away.
Stellenbosch Wine Route, Cape Point Nature Reserve, Noordhoek, Somerset West and Franschhoek can be reached within 50 minutes.
Hermanus, Aquila Big 5 Game Reserve, Shark cage Diving ,are 2 hours away.
Year Purchased: 1996
About the owner: Your Hosts @ ASCOT GARDENS - Barry and Lesley Edkins, 8 Eksteen Avenue, Bergvliet Born in the Baby Boomer decade (post 2nd World War) both hosts are originally from Johannesburg where they completed their schooling. A shipboard romance on the Cape Town Castle when sailing from Cape Town to England in 1967 led to the couple marrying in 1969 and settling down first in Durban until 1972 and from where they then spent 5 years in Zimbabwe, living in both Bulawayo and Harare. Since the closure of Barrys clothing factory in October 2005, Barry has been marketing and managing ASCOT GARDENS. At ASCOT GARDENS, Barry is responsible for marketing, reservations, payments and maintenance;and for ensuring that the money trees continually bear fruit which then enables Lesley to present our guests with immaculate and stunning gardens throughout the year, and accommodation considered the best value for money self catering accommodation in the Constantia Valley We live on the property in our own private corner house and from there manage the 1 acre property consisting of the 12 different sized ASCOT GARDENS SELF CATERING garden suites . Ascot Gardens often has open days to show off our lovely gardens , and the money raised is donated to worthy charities .
Why the Owner Chose Constantia, Cape Town, South Africa:
Barry’s work in the Clothing Industry led to a move from Zimbabwe to Cape Town in 1977 and the purchase of the original ASCOT HOUSE , 6 EKSTEEN AVENUE, BERGVLIET in 1979. In 1996, when their 3 children Grant , Scott and Angie finally left home , Ascot House was subdivided into 3 separate private self catering suites and the ASCOT GARDENS self catering venture was born. In 2001 , a property at the back of Ascot House was purchased and rebuilt and opened for guests in December 2001 as ASCOT LODGE , 17 JEFFCOAT AVENUE , also offering 3 private self catering suites. NOVEMBER 2004 marked the opening of another adjoining property ASCOT VILLA , 30 HIDDINGH ROAD , a luxury entire private House/Villa that sleeps 11-14 or can also be booked as 3 separate private self catering suites for different families . ASCOT MEWS, 28 HIDDINGH ROAD, was opened to guests in July 2005. Conversion of single house to 3 private self catering suites was completed and offers guests s/c accommodation for up to 10 guests. All of our units have been refurbished in both 2014 and 2015 and furnishings are continuously being updated .The gardens and property are very well maintained Our annual 3 Star Grading award ensures that our accommodation is of an international standard . Last successful inspection was in October 2015
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
Barry is a keen golfer , and also a partner with son Scott , in Ascot Tours , a company specializing in Golf Tours , hotel accommodation , safaris , car hire and travel throughout Southern Africa. Barry enjoys drinking good red wine , and his occasional over indulgence has often spoiled a good Thai or fish barbeque meal that he has prepared for his invited friends or ASCOT GARDENS guests. Lesley , Michael the gardener , Mary and Sheila the cleaning maids , Albert the maintenance man , all ensure that ASCOT GARDENS is always looking good , clean and colorful for our many international guests that often return and stay with us for 3 weeks to 3 month each year during our summer months of November to end March . Barry loves to pass on local information of where to eat , shop and visit local attractions. He can recommend some good value deals offered by local restaurants , and provide a daily weather prediction ( mostly incorrectly ! ) .
- Primary: +27 217151509 Kindly do not phone between 10pm and 7 am SA TIME
- Fax: +27 217151509 Kindly do not fax between 10pm and 7 am SA TIME
Links to more information:
- CLICK HERE - STANDARD SUITES FOR 1 OR 2 PERSONS FROM R 620/UNIT/NIGHT
- CLICK HERE - DELUXE SUITES FOR SLEEPING 2 OR 3/4 PERSONS FROM R890/UNIT/NIGHT
- CLICK HERE - 2 OR 3 BEDROOM HOUSE FOR SLEEPING 4-8 PERSONS FROM R1450/NIGHT/2 Bedroom HOUSE
- CLICK HERE - HOLIDAY HOUSES AND VILLAS FOR SLEEPING 9-15 PERSONS FROM R2420/HOUSE
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
private Patio of Queen suite with own bbq
Covered patio outside Cottage Suite sleeping 2 to 4 persons
Bedroom in Royal Suite which can sleep 2 to 4 persons
Open plan kitchen/lounge/ dining area of Duke Suite sleeping 2 to 2 persons
Bathroom in Fountain Suite sleeping 2 to 4 persons
Open plan kitchen /lounge/dining area of fountain Suite sleeping 2 to 4
Private outdoor garden patio and BBQ of 3 bedroom house and Ascot House
Open plan kitchen and lounge of Queen One bedroom suite
Lounge in 3 bedroom house in Ascot house with door leading to outdoor patio
Open plan kitchen and lounge / dining room of Royal Suite sleeping 2- 4
Mountain Suite balcony with lovely mountain views
Open plan Cottage lounge /sitting /dining area
Duchess suite kitchen
Open planbedroom and sitting area of Duchess Suite for 1 or 2 persons
Bedroom of Duke Suite sleeping 2 to 3 persons
Pond and covered patio outside Fountain suite sleeping 2 to 4 persons
bathroom of Royal suite sleeping 2 to 4 persons
Ascot Villa sleeping 8 and up to 14 persons in 3 private self catering units
Private covered outdoor patio of African Suite and Ascot Villa
Back entrance to House between Cottage and Poolside Suites in Ascot House
Secure protected Swimming pool and pool sun bathing area
Mural in Ascot Gardens
Large bedroom in African Suite with views of the garden and TV in bedroom
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
- Property typeCottage
Request to book
Contact the owner or see rate notes on this listing for additional information and fees
- Response time Within 24 hours
- Response rate 100%
- Calendar last updated 05/15/2016
Before making a payment, always call the owner at the number listed on our website to make sure your payment instructions are accurate.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.Learn more
Kindly do not phone between 10pm and 7 am SA TIME
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Travel with peace of mind.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.