Settlers Mountain - View Point Cabin - Spectacular Views of the Smoky Mountains(9 Reviews)
The manager has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
House, 3 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), + 2.5 Baths, (Sleeps 8-12)
When you arrive your host Rich and Karen will greet you to help you settle in and address all your needs as they arise. Located not far off the main highway will give you the privacy you need as well as the convenience to Bryson City and all the surrounding activities.
Keywords: This is the perfect place to relax and unwind after a long day of Smoky Mountain adventures.
The view will take your breath away…no kidding! This home has a Frank Lloyd Wright feel to it that perfectly blends itself with the environment. It overlooks seven mountain ranges, is constructed from local lumber and took over two years to build. You will be amazed at the detail to design and layout. It does not get any better than this, and we can customize the sleeping arrangements to fit your needs as follows:
If your are bringing your dog, please check the pet box in making your reservation or your reservation may not be validated.
At a Glance
- Maximum Occupancy: 12
- Bedroom 1: 1 King Bed + 1 Twin,
2 Twins or 3 Twins
- Bedroom 2: 1 King Bed + 1 Twin,
2 Twins or 3 Twins
- Bedroom 3: 1 Queen Bed
- Great Room: Queen Sleeper Sofa - 2 Roll-away beds to be placed at your discretion
- 2.5 Baths
- Free Internet, satellite TV, DVD/VCR
- Dog Friendly , Please indicate how many pets & include the pet fee
- On site Concierge & Management
- Complimentary use of Family Pavilion
- AAA rated
- Hiking trail on site
This home includes wood burning fireplace (including wood), huge wraparound porch
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2012
- 2800 sq. ft.
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome:
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12, Beds for 12
- All bedding including comforters are laundered between guests.
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Theme Parks
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Rock Climbing
- Water Tubing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Pantry Items
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
In season rate
May 26 - Sep 4, 2017
2 night min stay
Fall season rate
Sep 30 - Oct 28, 2017
2 night min stay
Thanksgiving season rate
Nov 18 - Nov 25, 2017
2 night min stay
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning for whole house $100
- Pet Fee $50
- Tax Rate 10.75%
- Check-In: After 3:00 pm | Check-Out: By 11:00 am
-When you arrive stop at the office which is the first house you see coming up the driveway and is clearly marked OFFICE. Our resident caretakers Rich & Karen will check you in and give you the key to your rental home. Should you need more information or help while staying on Settlers Mountain call them at 828-488-8622
- Occupancy based upon the number of beds per cabin. You can not exceed maximum occupancy without prior approval by management.
- Cleaning Fee of $100.00
- All cabins are "dog-friendly" for dogs up to 40 pounds; which must be approved by management at the time of reservation and a $50.00 pet cleaning fee will apply. If you are bringing your dog, please check the pet box in making your reservation or your reservation may not be validated.
- 50% deposit required to confirm & hold your reservation: If you cancel more than 30 days before your reservation, your deposit will be cheerfully refunded. If the reservation is canceled less than 15 days prior to your arrival date, your deposit will be forfeited.
- The balance of the reservation will be due 15 days prior to arrival: Cash, Personal Check and Major Credit Cards (Amex, Visa, MC, Discover) are accepted.
- No refunds will be issued for early departure (including weather-related issues).
- For the comfort of all our guests smoking is permitted outdoors only.
Manager's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Canopy zip line
Great Smoky Mountains National Park - 20 min away
smokey mountain railroad
Year Purchased: 1959
About: Settlers Mountain was created to share the wonderful Great Smoky Mountains with friends and family. What started as a personal retreat turned into a family enterprise. Bert and Mildred Kraft loved the mountains and its local people so they settled in Bryson City and built Settlers Mountain (circa 1959). Bert, being a very industrious person with the love of architecture, built the homes on the mountain and refurbished a hand-hewn chestnut log cabin built in the 1840's, one of only five left in the area. Settlers Mountain is owned and operated by the Kraft Family and is enjoyed by five generations of Kraft’s. We welcome you to make Settlers Mountain your retreat and create a lifetime of memories. The Kraft Family
Why Bryson City, NC, USA:
This property has 200 acres and yet near to town on paved roads. Very well maintained grounds that is wooded and quiet, close to all the action the area has to offer or just sit back and relax
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Viewpoint has the best view of the mountains and you will not be disappointed. Our guest are always very pleased and remark how beatifull the property and friendly the host are. Come and stay with us.
- Primary: +800 476-8027 Office hours 9-6 Monday - Saturday
Links to more information:
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Master Bedroom down stairs - Set up with King Bed and one single Bed
Master bed room - set up with two twins and 2 single
Bedroom 2 - 1 King Bed + 1 Twin / or 3 Twins 2nd floor
Bedroom 3 - 1 Queen Bed
Great Smokey Mountain railroad in Bryson City 20 minutes away
Mountain biking in the famous Tsali Park only minutes away
porch swing with view
Great Room - Queen Sleeper Sofa 2 Roll-away beds at your discretion
view from loft
Master Bedroom - view
2nd Full Bath
some fall colors from back porch
hiking trails, Great Smoky National Park and water falls very nearby
White water rafting, tubing, kayaking, zip lining very nearby
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Thursday, April 20, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to manager
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.