Truly A Dream Home, Perfect For A Vacation Or Retreat, And Great For Families.
Pool / Spa
- 0% refund (minus the service fee) if you cancel at least 0 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 0 days before check-in.
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
No pets - We typically do not allow pets.We typically do not allow pets.
Max guests: 12
we loved the place!! 3 families... 6 adults and 4 kids under 7. wonderful sleeping arrangements and extra blow up bed was great for the kids. lots of kid games were a wonderful surprise and fun. nice backyard with fire pit.....nice eating space and plenty of room to spread out. house was very clean and communication with owner was fast and easy....
Lots of space!
It’s so nice to have two separate living rooms for hanging out; and two rooms with king beds and couches! Everything was clean and pretty. The fire pit was fantastic for enjoying the night air. The location is perfect for enjoying Redondo Beach and the cute downtown with yummy restaurants (altho the house has a large kitchen, dining table, and easy entertaining areas).
Perfect for girlfriends’ reunion
This was THE perfect place for 10 gals to come from surrounding areas and enjoy a few days of togetherness. Great location to the nearby beach cities and Palos Verdes. All amenities were included in this very clean and well thought out home!
Served us well
We had kids and lots of couples and the property was great. It had plenty of space, extra pillows and blankets, great outdoor space for kids to explore, and the kitchen was great. The host was generous and we really enjoyed our time there. great park and stores nearby. We recommend this home!
Decent stay that could have been much better
Overall, our stay was good but there were a couple things that could have made this a 4/5 star stay.
1) Upsell after VRBO confirmed my stay: I booked a two night stay with VRBO and I received a confirmation code. A couple days later the host contacted me and said they do 3 night minimums during the summer. The owner gave us a good deal on the 3rd night but many of our friends did not need to stay so we ended up having to front the cost for that night. Not ideal considering we already had an agreement in place.
2) The RULES: I have NEVER stayed at a short-term rental with this many rules. No shoes in the house, no rolling luggage wheels on the hardwood, no using the firepit after 10PM (what's the point of a firepit if you can't use it when it gets cold), don't park on public parking spaces by the other neighbors houses (there were signs everywhere making us feel unwelcome by the neighborhood), don't have the TV on with the windows open and countless other rules. Really made it hard for me to enjoy myself as I found myself enforcing the rules with all my friends. Additionally, there were A LOT of ways the landlord could take the ENTIRE deposit. That is an issue. If the maids show up and you're there past the check-out time they charge you an significant amount, if the neighbor complains about anything they charge, etc.
3) Things breaking down: The dishwasher wasn't working correctly so we had to wash dishes by hand. We had to buy dish washing soap and sponges. That wasn't so bad in itself but once we noticed the lack of dishes for the size of the place we found ourselves doing A LOT of dishes when we should have been focusing on our friend's wedding activities. Coffee maker didn't work correctly, towel racks were broken, the BBQ in the back had rusted out burners (not going to eat food cooked with burning rusted burners) and toilet paper roll dispensers were broken. Looks like this place has had a lot of wear-and-tear without a lot of investment really.
The location was good, the host allowed us to have one additional person and let us keep our luggage a little longer at the house (though we ended up not needing that service). If a couple things were altered this could be a very good listing. The expensive price tag should come with a flawless experience. Overall, it is obvious that the neighborhood hates having the rental there and the rules set onto the renter are excessive. Really wanted this to be a better listing for the price.
This renter is exaggerating the issues she had. Also, this stay was for Ashley, not Robert, even though it was written as Robert. She did not communicate well during the trip and gave no indication of any problems, except for the dishwasher, which we offered to fix.
1. This was a group of bridesmaids, not a regular trip such as a family vacation. Most of our house rules have to do with not causing excessive noise. We've had many guests who treat our house like a party house and not like a house in a suburban neighborhood. We've had to explicitly state in our house rules some examples of what "excessive noise" means, because people are often unreasonable and claim they didn't know. I don't think it's unreasonable to not want people partying in our backyard at midnight, for example, or blasting music from the house with the windows open. Nobody would like that.
2. We typically don't offer two-night reservations during summer weekends,. There was never an agreement (as she said) that we would let her stay only two nights, but she booked with Instant Book without talking to me first, so in my very first message to her, I explained our policy of minimum three nights on a summer weekend, and asked her if we should cancel it or add a third night, at a very generous discount. She really wanted to stay there and booked a third night.
3. We have had a couple hundred groups of guests stay in our house, and we have never a single time taken the entire security deposit. We have never and would never take the entire security deposit for people checking out late. We have language in our rental agreement about taking the security deposit for flagrant violations of our house rules, such as people throwing large, unauthorized parties, or getting noise complaints from the city, and even then this is mostly to prevent people from using our house as a party house.
4. The dishwasher wasn't broken, it just needed an annual dishwasher salt refill, according to the screen on the dishwasher, which can occur randomly at any point about once a year. I offered to have some dishwasher salt delivered, but she insisted she would just handwash instead and that it was no problem, so she shouldn't be complaining about this.
5. We did a $150,000 remodel on this house in 2015 and we do maintenance on the house multiple times per year, so I'm not sure what she's talking about with regard to a lot of wear and tear. She didn't tell us about any issues until she checked out.
Redondo Beach is an excellent location. There are long stretches of beach, the Esplanade is a beautiful place to walk, Riviera Village on Catalina Ave has a variety of local restaurants and little shops, and the Redondo Beach Pier is a tourist favorite. If you plan on cooking, the best local grocery store, Sprouts, is right down the hill. If you like nightlife, you’ll definitely want to make it to the Hermosa Beach Pier. If you have kids, Rocketship Park is a short walk away.
Our neighborhood specifically is in a very exclusive part of town, secluded and with lots of greenery, located on a hill overlooking the surrounding area. And the beach is just a mile away!
The location is ideal, walking distance to the beach, minutes from downtown Redondo Beach, close to Hermosa Beach and Manhattan Beach, and only a short distance from LAX airport. Santa Monica, Venice, Downtown LA, Hollywood, and Disneyland are all within reasonable driving distance.
You can park two or three cars in the driveway, and there is always plenty of street parking as well.
About Brandon Goldman
I'm a vegan, libertarian, college dropout, entrepreneur, and software engineer from California. I like movies, Wikipedia, great food, traveling, and spending time with my friends and family. My wife Sherri is a pescetarian, Googler, and electrical engineer from California. She likes movies, cooking, running, music (singing and playing instruments), and traveling.
Brandon Goldman purchased this House in 2012
Why Brandon Goldman chose Torrance
Sherri and I bought this property when we were newlyweds. When we were looking to buy a house, we wanted a place that was awesome enough to live in forever. Big enough for our future kids, fantastic layout, exclusive neighborhood, lots of greenery, close to the beach, excellent schools, very safe area, etc. We both ended up moving away for work, and couldn't bear to part with it! We decided to keep it and rent it out, and maybe move back one day. We recently remodeled the home, so it's even more of our dream home now than when we bought it!
What makes this House unique
We originally didn't even know this neighborhood existed. On a lush, green hill overlooking Redondo Beach? We thought that was all Palos Verdes! When we found out it was Redondo Beach and within our budget, we became very interested in the neighborhood. This house was one of the first houses in this neighborhood we looked at, and we fell in love with it right away. We never thought we'd get it, and didn't even make an offer at first, but after looking at dozens of other houses, we came back to this one and bought it :)