***Brand new reclining, very comfortable sectional sofa and dining table and chairs as of December 28, 2018***
Unique architectural style. Beds for 11 in this beautiful and spacious 3 BR + loft, 2 full baths house with open floor plan, on 1.5 acres off of Ski Hill Road, between Driggs and Grand Targhee Resort (15 minute drive to Grand Targhee). Air conditioning installed--rare for Teton Valley! Great views of Grand Teton and surrounding mountain ranges through huge picture windows, plenty of privacy, and peace and quiet. It is a 5 minute drive into town, where there is an excellent, modern grocery store, a fine wine shop, several outdoors shops and outfitters, and many other stores, as well as several very good restaurants. It is 9.7 miles (about a 15 min. drive) up to the ski area, where there is fantastic downhill and nordic skiing, as well as a tubing hill.
Grand Targhee consistently gets more snowfall than any other ski area in Idaho, and has unbelievable powder skiing! Additionally, throughout the valley there are multiple opportunities for nordic skiing and snowshoeing in the winter.
When the snow melts, the trails are great for hiking and mountain biking, and there are fantastic outdoors music concerts and festivals. There is also fabulous fly-fishing in the area with 3 world-renowned rivers (S. Fork Snake, Henry's Fork, and Teton) and ~ 20 productive smaller streams within 40 minutes.
We are a 45 min drive over the pass to Jackson Hole, and an hour drive up to Yellowstone National Park. Many people say that the summers in the Teton Valley are even better than the winters--come see for yourself!
For details about skiing / snowboarding / nordic skiing during the winter and music festivals / mountain biking / hiking during the summer at Grand Targhee, check out Grand Targhee's website.
Amenities in the house include:
* Master BR with king size bed, huge walk-in closet, and large bathroom that includes oversized, soaker tub with whirlpool jets, shower, and double sinks.
* 2nd BR with king size bed
* 2nd full bath with shower / bathtub combo
* Large great room / den with incredible views through the many large picture windows, and TV with Roku for streaming content (no broadcast channels)
* Dining area with dining table with leaves and chairs that can accommodate up to 10 people
* Huge, full kitchen with all appliances (including Kitchenaid mixer, full-size food processor, Vitamix blender, and large crock pot)
* Full size washer and drier
* Loft area with TV / DVD (no broadcast channels), 70% sized game table (ping pong / pool; air hockey does not currently function), and full size fold-down futon
* 3rd bedroom with 2 single beds and 1 queen size bed
* Anteroom with full size bed that can sleep 2 additional people
Please note that we maintain our house in a "western rustic" style that is conservation-minded. The high valley meadow surrounding the house is beautiful, and we do not trim it during the summer except within a one foot area next to the front sidewalk and around the back patio and horseshoe pit area. This is common for this area. We have not installed a lawn because that is not natural to the area, and unnecessarily requires extra water. We maintain a very comfortable house and furniture and bedding for our guests. Simply, this house and property are in a great location with spectacular views, excellent comfort, and many great amenities which we love.
Please come check out our house, and one of our favorite places on Earth. And please let me know if you have any questions or need any recommendations during your stay. I want you to be thrilled with your stay in our house and your time in the Teton Valley!