About the property
- Condo1266 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 nights
Condo, 2 Bedrooms + Other (See Description), 2 Baths, (Sleeps 4-6)
RAINBOW ROCK CONDO-PICTURESQUE OCEAN VIEWS
Rainbow Rock condo's sit on a rocky bluff above the mighty Pacfic Ocean. As you arrive at the gated community and enter our home you will experience a 180 degree view of the ocean and beach below. The view is spectacular and can be seen from the living room, dining room, and kitchen. From the balcony you can enjoy whale watching, surfers, and other wild life with our high power telescope.
Our home was remodeled in 2012 and is fully furnished and professionally decorated. The Master bedroom has a dual king Tempur-Pedic bed, and the Guest bedroom has a top of the line queen. There are two full bathrooms, and a fully equipped kitchen. Unique to this condo is a small office, with WFI internet, and free long distance. We offer a private garage and off street parking for one additional car.
There is a private beach with a natures landscaped path to the ocean, where you can experience sandy beaches, waves crashing against the rocks, and a variety of wild life.
Our home is located on the second floor. There are eight steps with a wide stair well that makes it easy to get to our floor. There is no elevator.
The town of Brooking's is about two miles south of Rainbow Rock. There you will find plenty of good services, shopping, and food places. Take time out to visit Harbor located at the mouth of the Chetco River. There you can sign up for a great day of Charter Boat fishing, enjoy a great meal of fish and chips, or simply find a bench and take in all the activities that go on around the docks.
Keywords: Condominium Ocean View Beach Access Gated Community
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 23, 2018
Our Family moved from Northeren California to Grants Pass Oregon in 1968. Soon after our parents arrival they started a Custom Drapery & Carpet company. That business has expanded to now include a Hunterdouglas Gallery in Medford Oregon. All of our familly enjoys Curry County, and have spent over thirty years hiking, backpacking, rafting, lodging,and sport fishing. It's truly one of the most beautiful places in Oregon.
Craig purchased this Condo in 2010
Why Craig chose Brookings
Back in the mid 1980s me and another family member kept our recreational vehicles at Whale's Head Resort, which is located approximately, 5 miles north of Rainbow Rock. We loved it there however we did not have a view of the ocean and wanted to be closer to town. Many times we would past by Rainbow Rock and comment on how nice it would be to have a home there. In 1991 a family member decided it was time to sell their motor home and purchase a condo at Rainbow Rock. Finally we had our spectaculiar ocean view and now live much closer to town. In 2010 my brother and I purchased our home from a family member.
What makes this Condo unique
We enjoy the serenity that comes with looking out our windows and viewing the beach and ocean. Whether it is a beautifull sunny day, to a full on storm it doesn't get any better than that. Brooking's is often referred to as the banana belt, due to its warm weather in the winter. This past December we were whale watching off our balcony in short sleeves and cutoffs. Visiting our private beach is always fun as you never know what you might find.
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 7 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Very nice location with a commanding view of the Pacific Ocean.
Just like having your home on the beach only better.
Family farewell gathering
Perfect in every way ! Beautiful SW coastal Oregon ocean view, close to great town of Brookings. Property exactly as described by owners. Fully equipped kitchen. Communication promptly acknowledged. Have stayed at Rainbow Rock before, will do so again, as would other family members. Highly recommend.
Loved, Loved, Loved This Place!!!
We had such a wonderful time at this condo! The decor is absolutely extraordinary! We were there for a week, and each day, I discovered some new delight. I loved EVERYTHING, from the gorgeous bedspreads, to the many, many paintings and wall hangings, to all the other delightful beach decor. We have stayed at a lot of condos, and this is the first time we said, "They have thought of everything!" The owners must have stayed here quite a bit, because this place wants for nothing...it's better than home. And of course, I must mention the view. I sat in the little viewing nook on several evenings as the light disappeared from the sky and the stars peaked out. On our last evening, I was filled with melancholy, thinking how much I would miss that very special spot. We usually stay on the central Oregon coast, as it is much closer to home, but the views there cannot begin to compare to Brookings! We also loved to looked down at the path to the beach and watch the wildlife. We saw lots of humming birds and butterflies, two brown bunnies, a grey digger and a squirrel, plus lots of birds. It felt like we were in the middle of an animated fairy tale with all these lovely creatures. I guess you can tell, we had a fabulous time!
MESMERIZING_CAPTIVATING VIEWS_UNIQUE SETTING AND EXPERIENCE
Our 2 month (7/1-8/31/2016) stay at the Rainbow Rock condominium conjures up the following:
• Mesmerizing and captivating views from the time we first opened the door to our temporary new abode, replicated each time we turned while inside condo or exploring the paths outside and seeing the living seascape before us;
• Reflections on peaceful times spent in the “view alcove” watching the ocean tirelessly kiss the shoreline no matter how many times it is sent away;
• Walking on the beach and exploring its mysteries, one can shake the sand from your shoes but not from your soul;
• Memories of the many different varieties of the dramatic views (sunny with a blue sky, ominously cloudy and threatening, light mist slowly blanketing the ocean and stacks, heavy fog that makes you feel like you are living in a cloud, or surreal views of the moon reflecting itself on a tranquil or rough ocean with the stacks standing guard);
• Not feeling compelled to go out searching for a unique dining experience each night because you already have it sitting outside your window, just add some imagination and creative cooking to make it complete. Don’t feel hurried, or deal with questionable service, or be concerned about having an extra glass of wine;
• Smell the sea, feel the sky, let your soul and spirit fly while looking at a private beach unspoiled by the distraction of crowds;
• Watch and photograph from the condo balcony as a female deer and her fawn meander up the path just below the condo balcony;
• At night, when the sky is full of stars and the sea is still you get the wonderful sensation that you are floating in space;
• There are scores of activities and places to visit in and around the Brookings area (i.e. Azalea Park, Jerry’s Rogue Jet boat excursion (Gold Beach), beautiful scenic stops (Samuel Boardman State Scenic Corridor) etc.),
• The ocean stirs the heart, inspires the imagination and brings eternal joy to the soul;
• The memories of our stay at Rainbow Rock will linger on, long after our footprints in the sand are gone.
I suspect that you get the feeling that we enjoyed our two month stay and will return next year. You are correct!
Five star condo
We enjoyed celebrating our 30th anniversary on the coast in your wonderful condo. A much needed vacation with outstanding views and sounds of the ocean. Very quiet and well appointed. The entire unit is really comfortable and cozy with Wonderful sunrise and sunsets. Y'all have no idea how much we needed this get-away and are looking forward to staying again next year. Thank you both so much!
Wow! What a view and great condo. It was immaculate and so comfortable. When we walked in the front door our eyes immediately went to the other end of the condo and the view...then we checked out our home for the next week. The beds and linens are better than a 5 star hotel. We had a small problem upon arrival...no water....but called number given by Craig and Merry and within minutes someone was there to fix the problem. Seems another tenant turned their water off along with water for this unit. After that all was wonderful. Took a lot of site seeing trips around the area but the best part was returning every day and opening the balcony door and getting the ocean breeze and listening to the waves hitting the beach below the condo! One morning early we watched a pair of deer frolicking in the waves and playing like two puppies....have never seen this before! Really hope to make it back someday to bring friends! Thank you Craig and Merry!
Places to visit, Harris Beach State Park, Boardman State Park, Jedediah Smith Redwoods, Undersea World, Redwood National Park, Gold Beach, Rogue River Jet Boats, Prehistoric Gardens, Trees Of Mystery, Oregon Caves
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
We keep a credit card on file for the security deposit.
Major Credit Cards & Personal Checks