Wicker Park/Bucktown area is for the foodie, boutique shopping, bar hopping, martini sipping, a world class neighborhood. It is laid back with genuinely good people. Tons of young people, families, young professionals, business crowd, and yes.... hipsters! Most of the activity is on Division Street but take Milwaukee Ave (primary cut-through road) to the hustle and bustle of the Six Corners in Bucktown (North Ave, Milwaukee, Damen).
This is a small boutique building. There is a store on the 1st floor, the "PALACE" is our 2nd/3rd floor unit and the "LOFT" is on the 4th/5th floor. You are technically renting out the whole building if you rent both units. Each unit is a 3 bedrooms/2 bath with 1 or 2 sofa sleepers. No elevator and not handicap accessible. Sorry!
Keys for the units are in a lockbox on the gate. We will send you the code for the lockbox a few days before your trip.
The pricing is for 1 unit. Let us know if you want to rent both units and we will send you a new quote.
LOFT" (VRBO #411142) -
* 3 bedrooms, 2 bath, on the 4th/5th floor with Private Rooftop
* Sleeps 6-8 (a king bed, 2 queen beds and a full size sofa sleeper in the living room)
* You walk up to the top landing (4 flight of stairs) to enter the condo. As you walk in the unit there are 2 bedrooms (queen beds) that are next to each other, balcony too, and the guest bath that has a shower outside the bedrooms. When you walk to the front of the unit you have the kitchen and the living room area, 60in tv, a full size sofa sleeper and fireplace. You walk up the stairs to the master bedroom (with a king bed in the loft), master bath, washer/dryer and then the private rooftop deck the unobstructed view of the Chicago Skyline
"PALACE" – (457800) –The OTHER UNIT
* 3 bedrooms, 2 bath, on the 2nd/ 3rd floor with huge private deck over the 2 car garage
* Sleeps 8-10 -BIGGER UNIT (a king bed, 2 queen beds, a full size sofa sleeper in the living room and a queen sofa sleeper in the semi-private loft area).
* You walk up one flight of stairs to the unit. As you walk in the unit there are 2 bedrooms (queen beds) that are next to each other and right outside of the bedrooms is the guest bath that has a shower. When you walk to the front of the unit you have the kitchen and the living room area (full size sofa sleeper), 60 inch tv and fireplace. You walk up the stairs to the loft (queen sleeper sofa) and the master bedroom (king bed) with master bath is in the back of the unit with balcony. Huge deck over 2 car garage.
- Both units include dishes, pots & pans, towels & linens, cable television, wireless internet (code will be provided)
From O'Hare airport-Take TRAIN (Blue Line) to Division Street exit and a 5-10 minute walk to condo. Same TRAIN (at Division Blue line) takes you to the downtown area in 10 minutes (about 2 miles),
Driving- the 90/94 Expressway is about 5 minutes from building- street parking is free right around the corner.
FREE parking on Augusta Street (around the corner). FREE parking in front of the house overnight. Free all day on Sunday. Free parking across the street in front of Wells High School in the evening (Mon-Fri) FREE parking on Friday night-Sunday. They will tow the cars on Mon-Fri mornings. DO NOT BE LATE!! $2 an hour Paid meter parking in front of the house from 8 am to 10 pm.
Uber/Cabs takes you to most Chicago attractions in 10 minutes ($10-15)
Divvy Bike rental- across the street
Michigan Avenue- 2 miles away (10-15 minutes by bus-Take Chicago Ave "66" bus to Michigan Ave)
Navy Pier-3.5 miles away (20 minutes by bus-Take the Chicago Ave "66" bus to last stop, 600 East Grand 60611)
Millenium Park-3.25 miles (take train –exit 4th or 5th stops and walk to Michigan and Washington)
McCormick Place- 7 1/2 miles from condo (10-15 min by car)
Savage One- 1 mile from condo (1840 W Hubbard, 60622)
City Winery- 1.7 miles from Condo (1200 W Randolph St)
United Center- 2 miles from condo (1901 W Madison, 60612)
Wrigley Field- 5 miles from condo (1060 W Addison, 60613)
US Cellular Field-6 miles from condo (333 W 35th St, 60616)
Soldier Field- 7 miles from condo (1410 S Museum Campus)