Moonshine Hill Inn, as We Have Been Told, is a Magical Place...(14 Reviews)
The manager has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:Cottage
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
5 Star Luxurious Cabin, On 21 Acre Wooded Property Including Pond And Treehouse
Enjoy this 1,500 SF luxurious cabin which sleeps six. Upstairs there is a king size bed, with a luxurious soaking tub, plus a twin bedroom nook, and an twin sleeper sofa that opens up to a full size extra long Tempur-pedic twin bed, small office area, a laundry room and bay window lounge area.
Downstairs is a double bed, a bathroom with shower, a fully appointed kitchen, dining room and living room with huge stone fireplace. Every detail of this house is complete, it is appointed with the finest furnishings, fine art and luxurious linens while maintaining that cozy, comfortable country feel!
Step outside and the magic continues...there are many outdoor living areas: The front porch is flanked with two porch swings to watch the world pass by at a slower pace...the locals call it 'Leipers Fork Standard Time'. There is a beautiful outdoor patio with two large fire pits for songs in the round. Also, an extra large Big Green Egg for outdoor grilling.
Walk the grounds and you will see the large pond with a fountain that lights up at night, with a cedar log pavilion (covered in string lights) overlooking the pond for that lazy afternoon nap or sunset picnics.
Step into the speakeasy barn and take in the mural by a local artist that is a tribute to the Americana musicians of the region and the Nachez Trace.
There is also a log cabin a bit up the hill for a change of pace, or to host an intimate dinner party or a lively card game.
You will see that Leipers Fork keeps the Christmas Lights up all year long; and so does Moonshine Hill. You have the entire property to yourself, there are no other guest there.
There are numerous things to do in and around Leipers Fork, Franklin and Nashville so you will not be at a loss of activities, and at the end of the day you can come back to this serene escape!
Moonshine Hill is perfect for the romantic getaway weekend, honeymoon, anniversary, reunion for close friends but with the extra beds it can sleep 6 people comfortably.
Moonshine Hill is pet friendly!!! They can run all of their energy out through the hills here. Bring your furry friend we provide the bed. There is a non-refundable $100.00 pet fee per pet.
You will be hard pressed to find another luxury country cabin so close to all of these wonderful amenities, and also so beautiful that you won't want to leave! We love our guest and want to make everyone that visits us have a wonderful time during their stay at Moonshine Hill!
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2016
- 1500 sq. ft.
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome:
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Private Chef
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
- Main House 2 Bedrooms, sleeps 6. Bedroom One (Master Suite Upstairs): 1-King, 1-Twin, 1-Single Sleep Sofa, Bedroom Two Downstairs: 1-Double. Master Bedroom: King size bed with canopy Teester king and also has a HD flat screen TV at foot of the bed with every channel. There is a cozy bedroom nook w/twin bed, a sleeper sofa in the lounge area that folds out to an full size extra long twin Tempur-pedic bed. Also, there is a small desk area and library. Downstairs has one antique double bed that is very cozy and comfortable plus a bathroom with shower. There is a sofa by the fireplace in the living room and an HD flat screen too. This place is ROMANTIC and OVER THE TOP! Great place for your friends from Nashville to gather. Beautiful antique and modern furnishings, creating an eclectic interior and exterior that is a warm and cozy place to relax. Bring your favorite people, that's important! We have a TREEHOUSE which both children and adults LOVE!...moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- This is a very exclusive and private property, surrounded by woods. Only one family at a time has use of the entire property with a cedar log pavilion overlooking the pond, and treehouse. The main house has dutch doors at the entry and kitchen (to bring the outdoors in), large brick patio off the kitchen leading to a huge fire pit and BBQ with plenty of seating. The main house includes a large soaker tub for two with bath salts, and bathrobes, a small library of books, secretary desk and Wifi. The kitchen includes all culinary appliances to prepare gourmet meals. We supply popcorn, welcome gift of fresh fruit, specialty heirloom grits and oats and locally roasted coffee from the Frothy Monkey. Lush gardens around the property and a vegetable garden for you to harvest from during your stay, catering available, local restaurants or specialty chef, antique shops close by. If there is something you need, just ask and we will do what we can to make it happen for you....moreless
- Satellite / Cable:
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Autumn Foliage
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Outlet Shopping
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Lake View:
- Water View:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Equestrian Events
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer
- Fitness Room / Equipment:
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided:
- Coffee Maker:
Dishes & Utensils:
All provided, Cuisinart Food Processor, Kitchen-aid Mixer, Slow Cooker, pots and pans. This kitchen is ideal for the home Chef. There is a vegetable garden that you can harvest from during your stay...moreless
- Deck / Patio:
- Lanai / Gazebo:
- Lawn / Garden:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Rates are based on 2 guests; add $35 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Cleaning fee $160
- Property Damage Protection $59
- Firewood fee $50 + tax
- Pet Fee $100
- Refundable Damage Deposit $500
- Tax Rate 13.25%
Minimum two night stay. Weekday rate of $350.00 (Mon, Tues, Wed) and Weekend Rate is $375.00 (Thurs, Friday, Sat, and Sun).
Manager's cancellation policy:
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Be sure to check out endless attractions and live music venues all around the area; Puckett's Grocery in Leipers Fork, America's Favorite Mainstreet in Downtown Franklin and the Historic Franklin Theatre, The Bluebird Cafe, City Winery, Station Inn, Arrington Vineyards, Ryman Auditorium, and Grand Ole Opry in Nashville, just two left turns from Moonshine Hill!
Franklin Theatre: http://www.franklintheatre.com/
Carter House and Carnton Plantation: http://boft.org/visit.htm
Arrington Vineyards: http://visitfranklin.com/see-and-do/arrington-vineyards
History, Biking, Civil War, Hot Air Balloon, or Ghosts Tours in Franklin: http://franklinonfoot.com/
Where to Eat - Franklin: http://downtownfranklintn.com/categories/eat/
Nashville Concerts, Events, Art and Calendar: http://www.nashvillescene.com/nashville/CalendarHome/Page
Ryman Auditorium: http://ryman.com/events/calendar
Grand Ole Opry: https://www.opry.com/
Schermahorn Symphony https://www.nashvillesymphony.org/
Tennessee Performing Arts Center: http://www.tpac.org/
Year Purchased: 2016
About: Hi y'all, Gloria and Richard here! You know that excitement you felt when reading about and viewing the amazing pictures of Moonshine Hill? We felt the same way! We fell in love with this lil' piece of heaven from the moment we laid eyes on it. Even before we ever stepped foot on the property we knew we wanted to be a part of this wonderful place. Ann Johnson saw the beauty and potential of this property many years ago and spent years refurbishing and creating this charming oasis. We are pleased as punch to be the new owners of Moonshine Hill, but more so for our new friendship with Ann! Richard and I love music, growing food, cooking, fishing, hanging outdoors, and community. Moonshine Hill offers all of that, and we hope you will fall in love with it, just as we did! See you in the Fork!
Why Franklin, TN, USA:
We first came to Franklin 5 years ago and we fell in love with the area, open rolling pastures, wooded hillsides, and creeks, and ponds. Then the frosting on the cake was Leipers Fork's slow pace, live music, southern cuisine, and it stole our hearts, and it will yours too!
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
Picture-perfect story book property!
- Primary: +1 9496837848
Links to more information:
- CLICK HERE - Visitor Information for Historic Franklin, Tennessee
- CLICK HERE - Visitor Information for Leiper's Fork, Tennessee
- CLICK HERE - "America's Favorite Mainstreet," Events, Happenings & Places To Go!
- CLICK HERE - Nashville Scene for the Events, Restaurants, Concerts, Honky Tonks in Nashville
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Moonshine Hill Inn is a picturesque treasure tucked away in Leiper's Fork, Tn.
This hidden gem is a short drive to Nashville's Music City & Grand Ole Opry.
Lovely view from the lake in the spring. Fire pits are here for you to enjoy.
Here's the perfect place to pick a guitar at Moonshine Hill Inn!
View of the main house
Enjoy your meals in the cozy dining room of the main house.
Main house great room. Hang out, cook, watch TV, read a book, play games.
Main house upstairs lounge. Great place to chill before taking on the day.
Upstairs cozy comfy bedroom nook off of the lounge area.
Interior of Treehouse, think "Glamping"...
Log cabin... the fun at Moonshine Hill just never ends!
Upstairs log cabin, great place to sneak away and take an afternoon nap.
21 Wooded Acres of Private Property for our guest to roam at Moonshine Hill Inn.
View from the lake on the 21 acre property - the perfect nature walk to discover
At night, we light up the sky with lights and the gorgeous moon smiles upon you.
This view of the Pavilion with the twinkling lights is lovely by the lake.
Sit back and swing your worries away on the front porch swings of main house.
Cozy bedroom downstairs in the Main House.
Main house kitchen, equipped for the home chef. Harvest from the edible garden
Main house king suite upstairs. Library and secretary desk.
Treehouse great place to take in the views from above and take an afternoon nap.
Pavilion overlooking pond. Enjoy morning coffee, or an afternoon thunderstorm!
Downstairs log cabin hang out and make some music!
View of the half acre pond.
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to manager
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.