About the property
- Condo700 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay3 nights
Condo, 1 Bedroom + Convertible bed(s), 1 Bath
Superb location and economical rates make this piece of paradise an ideal home base for your Maui explorations. Sunny Kihei is where you can best assure yourself of that vacation of a lifetime. Kamaole Beaches I, II and III (the KAM's) are consistently rated as the best beaches in Kihei, and a stay at Kihei Akahi places you in the middle of this beautiful stretch of sandy beaches. Our five star reviews tell the story just as well as we can.
A full remodel was completed in September 2015. Among the many enhancements are high grade kitchen cabinets, granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, recessed LED lighting, porcelain tile flooring, new ceiling fans and a new air conditioning unit.
Our first floor location allows you to avoid elevators and have the benefit of your lanai extending out to a broad, landscaped lawn area. Your lanai area is the perfect place to enjoy your morning coffee, your happy hour or to catch up on your reading. You can also just relax and enjoy the tropical plants and song birds.
Inside, we strive to provide you with the comforts of home. All first floor units have a substantially larger living room area than the upper floor condos. The washer/dryer is a real bonus that is not offered in many Maui condos. The bath was recently updated to provide a large tiled shower with a separate sink and granite top vanity area for added privacy. We offer gas cooking.
Free high speed wireless internet and unlimited free long distance calls to the US, Canada and many other countries allow you to stay in contact with family, friends and business associates.
Your comfort is assured by an air conditioner, two ceiling fans, a portable pedestal fan and gentle cross breezes. A security screen door allows you to enjoy fresh air circulating through the unit while not having to be concerned about your privacy.
Condo entry is via an electronic lock and an in unit safe is provided for the protection of your valuables. There is a large bedroom closet. Beach chairs, umbrellas, and a cooler are provided to enhance your beach adventures.
Kihei Akahi offers two pools and a tennis court that is very close to our unit. There are gas barbecues at each pool area. Parking is convenient to our unit.
KAM II is a guarded beach that offers excellent swimming, boogey boarding, body surfing, and snorkeling. Restrooms, a shower and a picnic area are provided. KAM III directly south of KAM II offers a playground. At dusk, KAM II is a magnet for visitors and locals alike to enjoy the beauty of the sunset. During whale season (November to April), you can enjoy the humpback whales performing for your delight.
Kihei Akahi is a quiet oasis, yet it is also very close to a wide variety of shopping and casual and fine dining venues.
TOP TEN REASONS TO STAY AT KIHEI AKAHI C-105
1. Location, Location, Location – OK, we know that is three reasons, but seriously, Kihei is Maui’s cradle of sunshine. When it may be raining elsewhere on the island, chances are the sun is shining in Kihei. With Kihei Akahi situated right in the middle of the three top rated Kamaole beaches, the sun, sand, surf and snorkeling are only steps away from your door. C-105 is closer to the beach than most of the Kihei Akahi condos, yet far enough away from South Kihei Road to afford you a quiet stay. Kihei Akahi is also close to numerous restaurants along with shopping opportunities like the Shoppes at Wailea. While in Wailea, enjoy a walk on the promenade between the five star hotels along the beach and poke your head into the hotels to see what $600 per night or more can buy you.
2. Size – All of the first floor one bedroom units in Kihei Akahi have a larger floor plan. This added square footage is in your main living area where you will spend most of your time when your eyes are open.
3. Amenities – Kihei Akahi offer not just one, but two pools plus a tennis court. These amenities are a perfect complement to all of the recreational offerings throughout the island.
4. Beaches – Maui has more miles of sandy beaches than any of the other Hawaiian islands. The jewel beaches in Kihei are the KAMS (Kamaole I, II and III). Walk down Akahi’s entry drive and you are in the middle of KAM II. The KAM’s offer guarded beaches, rest room facilities, open stretches of sand, picnic areas, and snorkeling opportunities. If you continue south into Wailea and Makena, there are a treasure trove of beaches, each with their own personality and charm.
5. Ground Level – C-105’s first floor location affords you an opportunity to spill out into the garden area when on the lanai as opposed to being constrained to a lanai with a railing. There is no waiting for an elevator, and C-105 is distanced from the elevator area and trash disposal area that can be a source of noise and unwanted light at night.
6. Price – We have adopted a pricing philosophy that we would rather see others enjoying our home away from home than allowing it to sit vacant in the search for guests willing to pay top dollar. This philosophy has resulted in our being able to host many wonderful singles and couples who have treated our Kihei home like it was their own.
7. Recreation Equipment – We have attempted to provide all of our guests with the basics for an enjoyable stay in this tropical paradise. You will find beach chairs, umbrellas, snorkel gear, a cooler, etc. to allow you to begin enjoying all Maui has to offer without having to purchase or rent gear before hitting the beach. Many guests prefer to rent their own snorkel gear, so just up the street is Snorkel Bob’s where they rent top quality snorkel gear. Get the 2 for 1 coupon online.
8. Entertainment – After you have taken in a full day of relaxation on the beach or at the pool area, shopping, touring, dining and/or nightlife; you are able to come back to the peace and tranquility of C-105 where you will find a flat screen TV, DVD Player, CD player, books, DVD's, games and playing cards. There is also a bedroom TV. An added bonus is the free unlimited calling to the US and Canada.
9. Comfort – We have made every effort to make all of our guests as comfortable as is reasonably possible. The pictures tell the story of the queen sized bed, the sofa bed and comfortable living room chairs, the dining area as well as the stools at the kitchen counter to keep the chef company. Outside you will be able to enjoy your morning coffee or a meal al fresco with the lanai furnishings.
10. Fully Equipped – In the kitchen, we have tried to think of everything to enable you to practice your culinary skills. You will find a rice cooker, a blender, coffee maker, mixer, toaster, microwave, and all of the utensils needed for your cooking pleasure. An unusual feature in Hawaii, we provide gas cooking. Last, but certainly not least, there is no need to go to a complex laundromat since you will find a washer and dryer right in your unit.
Hawaii Tax ID #W51900626-01
Keywords: Popular KAM II location, 1st floor, close to restaurants and shopping, tennis, pools, beach
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- Mar 25, 2018
About David Kochel
We are early retirees who have been enjoying the beauty of Hawaii for over 20 years. After having visited all of the major Hawaiian Islands, we realized that there is no other place that offers what Maui offers. Living on the East Coast, it is a long flight, but it is well worth the time to reach paradise.
David Kochel purchased this Condo in 2012
Why David Kochel chose Kihei
In our Maui travels, we explored north, east, south and west and stayed in each of these locations. There was no question that Kihei offered us the best weather, variety of beaches, and access to great restaurants, shopping and golf. We limited our search for a condo to the KAM I, II and III area and were fortunate enough to find our ideal location. We are an active couple. The South Kihei location affords us the ability to explore a wide variety of beaches each with their own personality. Our daily walks originate from our condo, and our more aggressive hiking locations are equally convenient. When we want to explore beyond the Kihei/Wailea/Makena area, other areas of Maui are very accessible.
What makes this Condo unique
The basics of a one bedroom, one bath condo in Maui are very similar from property to property. What makes our condo at Kihei Akahi different from many others are an in unit washer/dryer, gas cooking, the flat screen TV in the living room and cable TV in the bedroom. The first floor location eliminates the need to wait for an elevator or climb stairs, and it also allows you to extend your outdoor living from the lanai onto the spacious and beautifully landscaped lawn area. In addition to the location benefits highlighted above, the very short walk to a premiere, guarded beach is a real plus.
Pool / Spa
Sports & Adventure Activities
EVERYTHING WE COULD ASK FOR
This condo provided us with everything we could ask for. It was well appointed and well equipped. The kitchen especially was fully equipped including items like a coffee bean grinder and salad spinner. We are lovers of the beach, and all of the beach equipment (chairs, umbrellas, towels and snorkel gear) was provided. We did not use the pool frequently, but it was just a ho, skip and a jump from the lanai door. We did use the pool area for barbecuing, and we were able to meet other great guests in the course of cooking. As far as location, Kihei Akahi is situated in an ideal spot. Not only is the beach just across the street, but we were also close to Fred's (great for breakfast and Mexican food) and Moose's (great happy hour and daily food specials). Just up the street from these two restaurants are several shopping plazas that offer everything from Subway to local dining to specialty shops and much more. Dave was an absolute pleasure to have as our host keeping all lines of communication open and providing us with a guide he developed to get the most out of our stay. If you make this condo your pick, you cannot go wrong!
Our hosts were wonderful. Prior to our arrival, they provided a Guide to Maui that they developed to assist their guests in getting the most out of their stay. It was like an Insider's Guide to Maui that provided a great deal of information that only a local would have as opposed to the stuff in the advertising booklets at the airport. Once we arrived at the condo, we were thrilled with how nice and well equipped it was. Also, the Kihei Akahi complex was equally as nice. We like to barbecue, and the gas grills at the pool was a great way to not only prepare our meals, but also to meet other travelers. All of the provided beach gear made our trips to the beach across the street and to other spots very comfortable experiences. Maui is a very diverse island, and the Guide to Maui enabled us to explore the island and see sights we never would have seen without the guide. Ours was the dream vacation thanks in large part to Dave & Tobi.
Everything we needed and then some.
Fabulous Location with great amentities!!
What a great gem!! The location was perfect for everything, eating, shopping and most important...Beach access. Loved the condo, had all the amenities you could ask for. It was great having access to the beach chairs, umbrellas and coolers. The bed was comfortable, the layout in the living room was nice, and having use of the WIFI was a plus. Will definitely be keeping this place in mind for our next visit.
Great location; great value!
This condo had everything we needed during our 10-day stay. Great central location, lots of beach gear, in-room laundry & supplies, stocked kitchen (staple goods), etc., etc., etc. I just wish we would have packed lighter!
Everything we had hoped for
The VRBO description of the condo was 100% accurate. We did not want for anything. The beautiful kitchen was fully equipped and the beach gear provided was superb. In real estate they always say location, location , location. Well, Kihei Akahi is in a perfect location. It was easy to get to other parts of the island, dining & shopping did not require us to even get in the car and being directly across the street from a wonderful beach was the cherry on top of the cake. We will definitely be back.
Additional information about rental rates
Additional $10 per night for each guest over two persons.