Restored Traditional Family Home,Metres from Town Centre
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Built in 1929 and restored over the last two years to its original grandeur, the home is one of the most outstanding properties on the island. It has three floors, each providing panoramic views of Samos/Vathi town and harbour and totals 180m² of living space, with an additional 60 m² roof top.
Located just metres from the central pedestrian shopping mall and the main town square, and a 20 short walk to Gaggou Beach the luxury home offers all of the convenience of town living from a secluded and quiet position.
The property comprises a formal and an informal living area, separate dining room and kitchen – all as originally configured but totally updated. There are three double bedrooms, and a study/fourth bedroom. There are two bathrooms (main with large shower) as well as a toilet area on the rooftop. All rooms have stunning views over the port, town or surrounding mountains and capture all the summer breezes, while the master bedroom has a private wrap around balcony.
Fully Renovated Traditional Home: The house is a traditional up-market house, nearly 100 years old. It could not be better located for anyone interested in staying in Samos/Vathi - close to everything but in a quiet secluded area.
It is made of local stone - the outer walls are 80cm thick and internal ceilings are 3.5 metres high. The renovation completed in 2008 included new plumbing, electrical re-wiring, replacement of light fittings, laying new floor coverings and installation of central heating and solar hot-water. There is a water pump that ensures good water pressure in every part of the house - including the large upstairs shower room.
The original wooden windows and shutters have been repaired and repainted and the front door replaced by a hand made replica of the original. The house has been re-painted inside and out in the traditional style of the house. Facing towards the harbour, the house is always cool and receives refreshing breezes in almost all weather conditions.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2008
- 180 m²
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
- Pets Considered
- Unsuitable For Elderly Or Infirm
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- There are three good szied bedrooms in the house - two on the first level and one on the ground floor. All rooms have a queen size bed, cupboard and view over the harbour or town. As the house is located at the end of a short pedestrian walkway, all the rooms are quiet. The two upstairs room share the main bathroom and the third bedroom has access to the second bathroom, on the ground floor. There is a double futon bed in the upstairs living room and another single futon in the fourth bedroom/study (on the first level). We can also provide a travel cot for smaller children. All rooms get good breezes at night - but there are a couple of stand up fans that can be used on the really hot evenings. It is also very pleasant to sleep on the large lounge on the rooftop....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- The main bathroom is extremely spacious and modern - it was installed new in 2008. It has a very large shower enclosure (with lots of hot water and excellent water pressure) with a another bath/shower, toilet and vanity unit in an adjoinging room. The second bathroom is small but includes a toilet, shower and basin and is located on the ground floor. It is ideal for washing off after a day at the beach. The washing machine is also housed in this bathroom. There is a third toilet and handbasin off the utility room on the top floor of the house....moreless
- The rooftop area of the house offers a panoramic view of Samos harbour and Samos/Vathi. It contains a dining table and chairs as well as a large comfortable lounge setting. There is a utility room off the rooftop which includes a fridge for drinks and snacks and a small dresser for plates, glasses etc. There is also a toilet and handbasin. There is a free public wireless during the summer that can usually be accessed from the rooftop. If this is not available, there is free wireless in all of the cafes on the main square (2 minutes walk from the house) and a couple of internet cafes close by. There is parking very close to the house but not immediately outside it as it is in a pedestrian only area. There are a few steps to the house - and the house itself is 3 stories so it would not suit anyone who has serious problems with stairs. The bus station is an easy walk. The house is very close to the main shopping mall plus all the waterfront cafes and tavernas....moreless
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- Botanical Garden
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Near The Ocean
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Mountain Biking
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Dining Room
- Seating for 8 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Parking On Street
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- 4 Ring Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jul 1 - Jul 1, 2017
7 night min stay
My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- No additional mandatory fees
Discounts are available for long stays and for small groups.
The price includes all linen, electricity and satellite TV. It also includes weekly cleaning and change of linen. This can be increased for an additional charge if required. A 10% security deposit is required to confirm the booking. This will be forfeited for any cancellation less than 30 days before the booked arrival date. 50% of t
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Car: Not Necessary
Easily accessible by plane and ferry – Samos sits just a kilometre or so off the coast of
Turkey, the mountains across the Mykali straits providing a spectacular backdrop to
most of the north eastern part of the island. The southern most of the North East
Aegean Islands and just north of the Dodecanese, Samos is a great base for island
hopping - although there is of course lots to do on the island itself.
It was the birthplace of the mathematician Pythagoras, as well as the site of the ancient Temple of Hera. The Efpalinos Tunnel – an engineering marvel from the time of Polykrates – deserves a look. The house is metres from the ArchaeologicalMuseum in Samos (outstanding Kouros), the main village square, the port and Gaggou and Roditses beaches and close to the bus station..
Although damaged by fire, Samos is still a green island. Mountain pine forests and vineyards provide a cool green retreat on hot summer days and some outstanding hiking for those with the energy.
Year Purchased: 2006
About the owner: born in Samos and at the age of 17 went to Australia where i have been there since,worked for the national airline for over 30 years with regular visits to my beloved island of Samos where i have two properties that i make available to our holiday guest , i make sure and provide my homes in top order with information regarding both houses and Samos in general to ensure a memorable holiday for our guests
Why the Owner Chose Pithagorio, Greece:
The reason that i bought this property was that i fell in love with it at my first inspection , over 100 years old with with sound foundations and 70 centimeters stone walls 14 feet high ceilings the hand made craftsmanship and excellent position with fantastic views from every floor and window , i did spend a lot of money to renovate this home but it was well worth it .The result ! well? read our guests comments
The Unique Benefits at this House:
I don't think the photos do this house justice it is much much better ,quite yet 100 meters walk to the bars coffee shops restaurants and retail shops 700 meters walk to the nearest beach and the sunset from the top deck with a cocktail in hand is something you will always remember
- Primary: +61 411254972
- Secondary: +61 411254972
- Tertiary: +61 411254972
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
External view of house
Roof top with view over Samos Harbour
Ground Floor Bedroom
View from top deck
shower first floor
stairway from second floor
drinks at the top deck
Roof top area
View from Downstairs Bedroom
View from Main Bedroom
View from top deck
View from top deck
entry from the street
stairway from top floor in to informal lounge
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.