About the property
- House3600 sqft
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay3 - 7 nights
Lakefront House, 3 Bedrooms + Loft, 3.5+ Baths, (Sleeps 10-12)
This is one of the rare lake front homes in the area. You can have your own boat dock on Fontana Lake (southern area, near Little Tennessee River). Amazing architecture and luxury decor combined with lots of space for larger families makes this an incredible place to build family traditions.
Kitchen — appointed with granite counter tops, modern appliances including cook top (LP gas), oven, dishwasher, microwave and coffee maker. We also provide you with all the dishes, utensils and cooking tools you'll need. A gas grill is provided for BBQ connoisseurs (full propane tank included).
Great room — features large living and dining area with table suitable for seating 10+ (additional bars stool seating at kitchen counter for 3-4 people). The modern-rustic decor features distressed hickory hardwood floors, stone fireplace and hand-crafted round western red cedar character log post-and-beam design. There is satellite dish service throughout the cabin, but the main living room is for family time in front of the fireplace and there is no TV there. The kitchen has a small TV. Family fun and TV is downstairs in the daylight basement rec room where there is a large HDTV with CD/DVD (bring your own music or listen to one of the dozens of digital music channels provided by digital satellite). There is also room for games and additional sleeping on the upstairs loft.
Sleeping Accommodations — We feature both down and foam pillows as well as down comforters. Some beds w/ pillow-top mattress and luxury, all-cotton linens. High End shower towels are provided for the base number of occupancy with additional towels for hot tub use.
Lower Level — The king bedroom on this level is like a second master bedroom. This is a large bedroom that is just off the rec room and has its own TV and bathroom with oversized tub and handheld shower. Additional sleeping is available in the rec area on the queen-size sleeper sofa.
Middle Floor — This is the entry level of the cabin. There is a large king master bedroom and bath, a laundry room, and a half-bathroom near the front door.
Upstairs Floor — The open loft upstairs has a separately divided area (but still partially open to the living room below) functions as one of the bedrooms and has 2 queen beds and a gas-log fireplace. This room shares a bathroom with a closed queen bedroom that is also on this level.
Keywords: Fontana lakefront home, waterfront home, bryson city, north carolina,
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- May 10, 2018
About Dan Sikorra
Dan and Linda Sikorra who are owners of Fontana Realty seek to provide other families the enjoyment opportunities we've been allowed to experience over the years. We grew up the Midwest and spent time in Florida before moving to NC where we fell in love with Bryson City area after visiting the first time in 1994 with our 5 kids. We couldn't believe the beauty of the Lake, the Park and all the outdoor activities that were available. And to boot, we found Bryson City to be a very vibrant town with festivals going on all summer long. We bought our Fontana Lake lot in 96 and couldn't wait to make the move from Charlotte which took place in 2003.
Dan Sikorra purchased this House in 2006
Why Dan Sikorra chose Bryson City
We built this Retreat with family in mind. The privacy, yet closeness to town and the beautiful Fontana Lake views made it all the more exceptional. We couldn't have picked a better location to play on the lake or have lazy days on the deck!
What makes this House unique
Our eyes were opened, so when the opportunity availed itself, we moved from Charlotte NC, to be closer to the Smokies. We took every opportunity to vacation in Bryson City, a fun and vibrant town where we could enjoy all the surrounding outdoor activities. Our love for the land deepened as we hiked or ran trails through the Great Smoky Mountain National Park appreciating the beautiful wildlife and enjoying the hundreds of miles of mountain streams. When we wanted more action, we threw our mountain bikes in the boat and motored over to Tsali Recreation Area for some single track action. What a way to travel – the boat ride on Fontana Lake covers some of the most pristine lake wilderness areas in the southeast and if I was lucky enough to have another person with me we’d water ski on the way back.Our excitement and love for the area and the people who live here grow deeper over time. When one finds something very good, in order to truly enjoy it, it must be shared – and that is where we find ourselves today! Dan and Linda have five grown children and eight grandchildren.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Beautiful home on the lake
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this home. The house has a great layout and very comfortable. We would definitely stay here again.
Bald Eagles, Quiet Evenings and Luxury on the Lake
I'm happy to be the first to review this lovely home. We took an extended weekend away to see the eclipse and it was one of the best trips we've ever taken. The home lives up to the photos and the lake was simply amazing.
Here were the highlights:
1) We saw a bunch of bald eagles. Some were viewed right from the dock, others we encountered cruising around the lake.
2) The home is spacious and well appointed. The beds were large and comfortable, the kitchen was perfect and there were windows everywhere to take in the views.
3) While a powered boat was not included, we rented a pontoon. The folks at Almond boat park were very friendly and the marina is pretty close to the house. Dan also provided 3 kayaks (2 - one person, 1 - two person) which made for some peaceful morning excursions. The dock is quite large and should accommodate most needs.
4) The hot tub is well-maintained and was ready to go the moment we arrived.
There aren't very many cons. I stand behind the five star review. These are only included for completeness (and to let you know that this is an honest review).
1) Most of the beds had down comforters and pillow tops. Dan mentions this in the listing, we were mostly fine with it, so I'm just listing it here to let you know that you might need to consider this if you have allergies.
2) The bedrooms have blinds to block out the morning light, but the loft sleeping area and the basement pull-out couch area do not. If you will have children or guests in these areas, you might want to take note.
3) I feel I should note the driveway. For the most part, it was fine. We have 2-wheel drive vehicles and we made it up and down, but one of them got stuck a bit when trying to leave. The driveway is steep, and gravel. Dan was kind enough to meet us at the entrance and show us the way so we had no problems on arrival, but you may want to factor this into your decision if you are not comfortable with such things.
All-in-all, it was probably the best vacation we've ever had. Lake Fontana is very peaceful and the home was perfect.
All very true and useful information. I should add however that in terms of the loft and basement that even though there aren't blinds covering the very large windows, privacy is not an issue as the home and these windows look down over the lake from above - very secluded. Thank you.
Wonderful Vacation Home!
This house was more beautiful than the pictures showed! The property was very clean, well decorated, and completely stocked with everything needed for a family vacation. The kitchen had all necessary dishes, pots and pans, etc..., the beds were comfortable with plenty of extra linens and blankets, and the dock had two kayaks and other miscellaneous floats and things. We used the hot tub several nights, which was very clean and had a beautiful setting on the deck overlooking the lake. The marina for pontoon rentals was very convenient, just a minute across the lake. We brought waverunners with us and Fontana Lakes Estates had a very nice boat launch to put them in and leave the trailer. The town of Bryson City was adorable, with good restaurants and shops. Took us about 20 minutes to get into the town from the house. We also enjoyed the rafting on the Nantahala river nearby, and the Great Smoky Mountain Railroad. There were so many things to do, it seemed like a week wasn't long enough!
Thank you Terri!
Located in the Great Smoky Mountains near Bryson City, with a wealth of great things to do —
• Boating (no craft restrictions)
• Hiking on the Appalachian Trail
• Hiking in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park
• Waterfall Hikes
• Spa: Lakeview@Fontana- http://lakeviewatfontana.com
• Rafting and kayaking on the Nantahala River
• Zipline canopy tours in the Nantahala Gorge
• Horseback riding in the National Park
• Scenic excursions on the Great Smoky Mountains Rail Road
• Horseback riding in the National Park
• Cultural attractions on the Cherokee Indian Reservation
• Entertainment and gaming at Harrah's Cherokee Casino
• The Biltmore Estate in nearby Asheville
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
No indoor smoking is allowed. Pets allowed only with advance permission, additional security deposit, and additional cleaning fee. 10.75% (or the current rate as set by state and local governments) county and state taxes are additional.