Experience a terrific mix of history, serene relaxation and Southern charm at this unique Colbert estate. ‘Smithsonia Plantation,’ a stunningly beautiful home near Athens, boasts 5 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms, and accommodations for 12 guests. Featuring 8,000 square feet, an expansive private deck, pristine pasture views, and a great location near the best entertainment, this phenomenal plantation is the perfect Georgian backdrop for family retreats, weddings, and events.
-- THE PROPERTY --
Master Bedroom (Colonel Suite) : Full Bed (ground level with grab bar and raised toilet in bathroom) | Bedroom 2: Full Bed | Bedroom 3: Queen Bed | Bedroom 4: 2 Twin Beds | Media Room: 2 Twin Beds, Full Bed
**Please note the owner lives on-site in the basement apartment unit, which has a completely separate entrance
From the moment you drive through the gates of this astounding property, you’ll be captivated by its immense stature, gorgeous architecture, and historical significance. The 8,000-square-foot interior is adorned with vibrant, whimsical decor and various gathering spots to spend time together and entertain.
Inside, this dazzling residence boasts elegant touches reminiscent of its historic roots. Originally built in 1863, this outstanding plantation was once home to James Monroe Smith, and the most charming aspects of its classic heritage still shine through following recent remodeling since 2012, landing it on the historic registry of homes.
‘Smithsonia Plantation’ was made to entertain, making it perfect for any weddings or events that need a dose of Georgian charm. The home's expansive private porch offers marvelous views of the surrounding Georgian pasture terrain, and features a massive full kitchen - equipped to prepare meals for all!
Everything you need to feel as comfortable as possible is here, such as in-unit laundry machines, heating and air conditioning, and complimentary wireless internet access.
-- THE LOCATION --
When you’re ready to get out and see what the area has to offer, you won’t have to venture far from this property to discover plenty of tremendous entertainment!
Outdoor enthusiasts will adore the convenient location, where r popular outdoor destination, Watkinsville Park, just 7 miles away, where you can swim, go horseback riding, have a picnic, white water raft, observe breathtaking waterfalls, or hike through the majestic landscape.
Following a day of recreation, take a short 20-mile drive into Athens, a quaint Georgia college town with every form of entertainment at your fingertips, including shopping, movie theaters, tours, gourmet restaurants, and more.
No matter how you spend your time during your trip, this exceptional Colbert vacation rental home will quickly become a place you’ll want to visit again year after year!
-- THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE --
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, heating and air conditioning, silo with a well, multiple flat-screen TVs with cable access, expansive private porch, in-unit washer/dryer, free WiFi, and more
- Enjoy magnificent rolling hills and pasture views, famous for magnificent sunsets perfect for a champagne toast true to tradition
- Great location! Close to golf, Watkinsville Park, and other noteworthy local attractions. Only about 20 miles away from Athens, Georgia!
- Fantastic property for events, gatherings, wedding, and reuinions!
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- Pet friendly with $50 per pet, per stay fee (maximum 2 pets allowed, 25-pound weight limit)
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- No events, parties or large gatherings permitted without prior owner approval and additional fee
- Not suitable for children under the age of 10, due to the valuable items and number of stairs throughout the home
- Please note the owner resides on-site in the basement apartment unit with completely separate entrance
- Please note the Kenny Rogers golf course is not open to the public but there are public golf courses in Athens
- Additional fees and taxes may apply