Spectacular Beach And Sunset View From The Penthouse, Seconds To Watersports
Pool / Spa
- 100% refund if you cancel at least 60 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 60 days before check-in.
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
Max guests: 14
Few steps from the beach, dining areas and bars.
Surprise ... no internet or hot water.
The internet service was discontinued at this rental between our booking in May and our arrival in January. We were not made aware of this until we tried to follow the directions emailed to us in May, to access it. The agent/owner didn’t think we should think it was a big deal, but it was an important consideration for us in choosing this unit as we had work to do online during our 3+ week stay. Asking for hot water in the showers was met with, “ you are not in Florida or Massachusetts , Puerto Rican’s like cold showers”, our hearts sank from the insult. Yes, they ultimately adjusted water temp, but the 2nd shower got none of the heat and you need to run the cold tap at the sink for a warm shower. We arrived on Friday, Jan. 3rd. After experiencing a 5.7 earthquake on Monday, Jan. 6th and a 6.4 the next morning, the property manager never reached out to us or returned my texts and voice mails asking if she was ok. We decided to leave since the generator at the building did not support the elevator to the 6th floor. and we were not prepared to evacuate as the locals did with each large quake. We spent the evening of Jan. 7th with friends who live higher up in the hills of Rincon. And stayed with them until 11pm on the 8th to catch a 3am flight from Aguadella. on the morning of the 9th. We have still not heard from the agent after repeated texts asking her to call us. I do hope she is ok.
Hello Mrs. Katty;
Yes, I am doing very good. Little surprise of your review. As I remember I always answer your text and phone calls. The day you told me about the hot water I explained to you and your husband that the penthouse have line water heater that take little more time to heat up than regular tank water heater, never told you “ you are not in Florida or Massachusetts , Puerto Rican’s like cold showers” like you say on your review I don't like cold showers myself . What I explained to you about Puerto Rico was that the way they builded the building had no space for other water heater I even send you my handyman on the 4th to double check the unit and everything was working on perfect condition . I am sorry if you felt insulted for that. There was nothing that I could do as far as the earthquake it is a natural incident that I could not control. The generator that our building have the power to work the elevator and it was working fine but you did not give the situation a day and decided to leave sooner. I had three units on the same building and other buildings in the area and nobody left and were using the facilities with no problem. I called every single guest on my apartments to check on them I am surprised you say I did not called. I hope you had a good return home.
Condo is exactly as described. Great location
Mostly good but one stressful problem
Five of us stayed 4 days at the Rincon Penthouse over Christmas.
• location of the apartment was very convenient to the beach (across the street) and convenient to town, grocery stores and restaurants. The view of the beach and the sunset was beautiful, and we enjoyed the breezes during the day.
• air conditioning in the bedrooms.
• well supplied with towels, beach towels and beach chairs.
• upper deck is a great and large space with a great view.
Could use improvement:
• air conditioning in the main dining/living room
• main level TV and DIrectTV are very old. Screen and sound breaking down. Remote missing.
• main room furniture and outdoor furniture could use an update.
• main bathroom was dim and getting old.
• lighting in the main living was very dim.
• Rental Agreement was not at all appropriate to VRBO and had some unusual terms
• when entering on the front gate, use the third digital panel with a flip-up cover.
• luggage cart is available in the bottom of the stairwell.
• garbage dropoff is a large black and yellow bin next to the north gate to the property.
• after the first toilet paper roll, it’s up to you to provide any more. Somehow the $15 toiletries fee covers two bars of soap and two rolls of toilet paper.
• kitchen has not a scrap of food supplies (e.g. salt). No corkscrew, mixing bowls or serving plates.
• no kitchen/dining table. Four stools are provided to eat at one end of the kitchen counter. Management kindly allowed us to fetch the folding table from the pool area.
• across the street is a public park with an outdoor cafe and various spots for family picnics. When we stayed, BOTH had conflicting karaoke sessions going on at volume 12. They did wrap up by midnight.
Our Main Problem
Although promised in the listing and Rental Agreement, no wifi was provided – important to us on this occasion. After some messages and, finally, a call, we were told the apartment has none and that it is a "complementary service" (not sure what that means). A rebate/partial refund was refused but Liz offered to contact her supervisor. Given this uncertainty I felt justified in holding off on the final payment until a compromise could be reached. We were offered a consideration after we had checked out. I countered with a larger sum. After a very stressful day of back-and-forth messaging which escalated in anger and insults towards me, we did reach an agreement. The final payment was made and the consideration was rebated.
Comfortable apartment overlooking the ocean.
Located at Rincón warm Caribbean Sea area. Stay at the beautiful Rincon Beach or walk right or left and you will find new smaller, intimate beaches with their own personality and activities. You can enjoy all kind of water sports at the condo beach. Convenient walking distance to restaurants, surf shops, groceries, etc. Perfect location, you can enjoy the best of RIncon's 8 miles of Beaches. 90% ot the most renowned beaches are in this area including Rincon Beach of course, The Best of Luxury editors pick as one of the top sexiest beaches; 'Add a dash of spice and head south of the equator to Puerto Rico's Rincon Beach. With a climate comparable to that of Miami, Rincon Beach boasts rolling green hills, which overlook glistening gold beaches. Whether your first language is English or Spanish - which are both widely spoken- there's no denying Rincon Beach is muy caliente'. Rincon is also featured on The Travel Channels PR top ten countdown.
Other Activities: Jogging, aerobics, soccer, volleyball, ice skating, skate board park
- english, spanish
Welcome to VillaMar & Rincon Penthouse Condos. Our service, location and amenities have been the key of our success. You will be sure you will receive special attention to all your vacation needs. Welcome to the beautiful and sunny Rincon PR.
Why Liz chose Ensenada
We chose this location because the beach is beautiful and it is the safer beach in Rincon. It is the beach chosen for children and adults local and Olympic Triathlon Competitions. It is also the most recreational beach in Rincon with all kind of beach rentals like kayaks, banana boat rides, parasailing, sunset cruise, fishing etc. Also you can enjoy aerobics, yoga lessons, spinning, zumba.. The people are very friendly, the sunsets views are amazing from the Penthouse or beach, the area is safe and most important, everything you may need is close, mostly walking distance.
What makes this Condo unique
For its view to the sea this is the best condo in the building. It has one of the most beautiful sea view in the whole area. Seconds to the beach in a very safe area. IT has private terrace with Jacuzzi, BBQ, lounge chairs.. Complete kitchen and laundry including regular and microwave ovens, big fridge with ice maker with filtered water. Two full bathrooms plus a private beach shower at the terrace. Another BBQ in the gazebo and pool area, beach gate, elevator, two off street private parking, water reserve and electric generator just in case. Also the Sky View has a private bar/kitchenette with fridge at the penthouse second level, two LCD TVs, I pod player, internet,etc. It is also very comfortable for readers (some novels included) also several DVD movies included.