Four bedroom, three bath house with additional fifth guestroom/den located on a secluded wooded acre with pool, surrounded by private gardens and woods. Outdoor shower. Child friendly fence around the pool. [Please note that the pool and outdoor shower are open during the summer and are not included in the off season rates. If you would like to have the pool open during September after Labor Day, it will be an additional $500/month fee]. Brick patio around pool. Deck has stainless steel grill and porch furniture to eat outside overlooking the pool area. Porches, deck, patio, gardens, large grassy lawn. All amenities. A few min from the village, the ocean, National, Shinnecock and Sebonac golf courses and the train, rental car and jitney stops. Minimum two week rental period.
Traditional home with all amenities in ideal location
- Calendar last updated:
- Oct 24, 2018
I have been coming out to the Hamptons for over two decades. My hobbies are decorating and gardening. I ride and bike and walk in the Hamptons.
Judy purchased this House in 2004
Why Judy chose Southampton
This is a lovely peaceful house that is nicely decorated and contains all amenities. It is very close to the village, shops, transportation, yet it's woodland setting provide a sense of peace and privacy. There is abundant wildlife in the backyard. Robins, cardinals, blue jays fly around the grounds.The gardens attract birds and butterflies and the pool area is ringed with woodlands that contain deer and turkeys. The pool is surrounded by gardens and trees. There is an outdoor shower.
What makes this House unique
This is a beautiful traditional Hamptons home, on a large wooded lot surrounded by 100 year old oak trees. The fresh air circulates from the ocean to the bay and a good night's rest in the house performs miracles in relaxation and rest. The village and the environs offer a multitude of activities. But my favorite past time is to sit in the house and observe the wildilfe in the backyard through the glass sliding doors. You can see more photos of the house, as well as the rental agreement, on the My Attachments section of this listing.
Pool / Spa
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
Comfortable and convenient home!
Very comfortable home, well equipped kitchen, and convenient to
Thank you for your review! It was lovely to have you come stay at the house.
Pictures did not match up with the actual property
I will start by saying that Judy, the property owner was very pleasant and did try to have some things taken care of. We had issues with the dishwasher and the Wifi went in and out the whole time we were there, but my main issue was that the photos that are pristine in the listing are not exactly what the house looks like in person. It is definitely not a "Decorators House". I don't want to slam anyone so I will stop here, but I do feel that we were misled.
Please note: I would not recommend this tenant under any circumstances. Her complaints were completely fabricated and she took several thousands of dollars from me after her departure.
1. The dishwasher worked fine when I arrived at the house. The tenant, in fact, refused to let me send in a housekeeper at my own expense to take a look at the dishwasher and to wash the dishes, which i thought was odd.
I have never had a tenant refuse free housekeeping services when living in the house for more than a week.
2. I advised the tenant to call the Internet company to fix the problem with the wifi that she complained about. When i called the Internet company upon my return to the house, I was told that she had never called about the internet. I am at the house now and wifi is fine.
3. She also claimed a leg on a chaise was broken, but my friend who had moved the deck furniture for me the day prior to this tenant's arrival told me that nothing had been wrong with the chaise the day prior to the tenant's arrival. Perhaps the tenant accidentally broke the chaise leg, I am not sure.
4. This tenant received a large initial discount based on the small number of people (3) she claimed would be staying in the house. I do not believe she told the truth as I arrived at the house and found a foam mattress on the floor, 10 new placements and 6 additional plastic chairs that she had purchased - in addition to all the deck and patio furniture already at the house.
5. After she used the house for the entire time it was rented to her, and entertained at the house e.g. placemats and additional plastic chairs, she then proceeded to take, without my agreement, a 40% charge back on her credit card, and also further added that she would sue me over the condition of my house. (If you will see my reviews, I have many excellent reviews from very happy tenants, so her complaints were completely mystifying to me). As of today, the money she took out of my bank account has not been replaced.
I have not changed the photos and my other tenants found the house to their liking. I have no idea why this tenant would fabricate these complaints and i have no idea why she would take several thousands of dollars from me AFTER i have her a huge initial discount.
Her complaints to me were incessant and rude. I thought it was amazing that she would threaten me with a lawsuit. Again, I would not recommend this tenant under any circumstances.
Cute & Cozy
We used this house for a work trip so we weren't in the house too much but it was great to come home to a comfortable spot that was in a great location. The house was very clean and all the bedrooms were a great size. All the amenities worked well and the space was great. Thanks again, Judy! I would recommend this house to anyone staying in the Hamptons.
We loved this property
The house was comfortable, clean and well appointed. It was exactly what was needed for our staff staying in Southampton for the U.S. Open. Judy was a pleasure to work with and could not have been more accommodating or hospitable. Deserves every one of the 5 stars.
Great Southampton rental
I stayed at this house for a month with four people. Plenty of parking for all of us. Judy provided all the necessities and everything in the house was in working order. The house is in a great location just off County Road 39. It took no time to get anywhere. Downtown Southampton, a handful of golf courses and the beach are all close by. Definitely would recommend to anyone!
Judy's house was a great place to stay. It was quiet but close to all the fun things in town(restaurants, beach, golf courses) We stayed for a a month and would definitely recommend staying here to any of my friends.
The house is located in Southampton which is a lovely ocean resort located about 100 miles from New York City. It is a region famous for the sea air, nature, shopping, world class restaurants, night-lift, and beauty of the woods and beaches and homes. The village of Southampton has eateries, shops, and celebrity spotting during the summer months.
Additional information about rental rates
I ask that the house be returned to me in the same condition as it is given to the tenants. The housekeeping is $25 an hour. Minimum two weeks rental.