Situated on Lake Michigan facing west toward the Manitou Islands, enjoy blissful days filled with a multitude of activities to spend true quality time with your family and friends. You will be treated to stunning sunsets over the water each evening and tranquil mornings listening to the waves lap on the shore.
This architecturally interesting contemporary home has bright indoor spaces with large windows. Our guests enjoy large comfortable gathering spaces as well as cozy nooks for personal time. A long, winding wooded driveway provides a sense of pleasant seclusion. There is an attached 2-stall garage and large wrap-around decks. The decks provide lots of outdoor living and dining space with water views and choices of shady or sunny sitting areas. This home is impeccably maintained and well furnished. It will comfortably accommodate 8 people for sleeping.
• A fully equipped kitchen includes many gourmet housewares and gadgets for those who enjoy cooking. A gas grill just outside the kitchen has been an appreciated amenity for many guests.
• The large dining and living areas inside as well as a large table with umbrella and comfortable seating on the deck outside provide options for your vacation lifestyle.
• The den is equipped with a 32" TV, DVD player, as well as cable for hooking up personal devices. Streaming on the internet has also been gaining the favor of our guests. There is a large bookcase full of wonderful books, games, and puzzles as well.
• The large Main Floor Master Suite (great for those not wishing to use stairs) has 2 full size beds and a full bath.
• The Upstairs Master Suite with a queen bed and large bathroom with a double shower make this room a perfect retreat.
• Two additional upstairs family bedrooms connected with a full bathroom feature a queen bed in one room and trundled twin beds in the other room.
• Guest bedding and bath towels are provided.
The lakefront is a combination of sand and pebble beach with a rocky cove where wildlife abounds. A bird watching paradise, we regularly see bald eagles, all varieties of waterfowl, as well as song and beach birds. Our "sunset bench" is perfect for relaxing with a cup of coffee in the morning, watching fish, turtles, otters playing...and then awesome Lake Michigan sunsets in the evening. The firepit and benches provide a lakefront gathering spot for watching the sunset and eating s'mores. Long beach-walks looking for Petoskey stones and Leland blues are another favorite pass-time.
Our lakefront home is halfway between the harbor towns of Leland and Northport. Unique shops and galleries, dining and recreation are a short scenic drive away. There are many municipal parks with beaches and playgrounds for family excursions. Traverse City is a quick 35-minute drive over winding county roads bordered by orchards and vineyards.
Our quiet and peaceful setting is easily accessible to state and conservancy hiking trails, biking, fishing, boating, and the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. Leelanau County is ideal for outdoor recreation or just plain sitting and relaxing. Come and enjoy!